Reviews for The Weight of Water
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
very nice, he is his mother's son, though I doubt he'd want it any other way
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I'd say this is poetic but I guess it fits the surrealism I get from this scene.
Aynessa chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
OHMYGAWSH that was freaking awesome. I have no words to describe how breathtakingly beautiful this story is. I love how you captured Chris's personality and his relationship with his mother so effortlessly, and the way you (the reader) could feel his heart breaking even as he was happy that she was still his mom, that he had somehow succeeded even as he failed. Absolutely brilliant. I demand to know why there aren't more reviews for this gem of a story.

Although, I do have to correct one thing, cause I'm nitpicky like this. Chris didn't reappear from the brink of death in the Halliwell attic, he reappeared near the sisters and injured Leo in the middle of that alleyway, where the Darklighter died. At which time he threw his hands up in the air and shouted "YES!" LOL.
Smegs chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Very clever but really sad.
Becks Rylynn chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Wow. This was such a heart wrenching story. I love your style so much that I've decided I simply MUST go and check out the rest of your stories as soon as I'm finished writing this.

Oh, wow. What to say? Just the idea of Piper; neither here nor there, and Chris; trying hard to be Unbroken but not quite managing it, it was just beautiful. The way you use words in the most raw way was just breathtaking and I couldn't help but give a little dreamy sigh when I was finished reading this story.

My all time favourite line would have to be: ''A jumble of memories and dreamends - The smell of august, perfume and cookies not quite baked. The whisper of magic, spice. The late-night voice that chases the bad dreams away.'' What else can I say but 'wow'?

There is something about the way you maipulate words that makes them so real, almost tangible, like you could reach out and touch them. I think that is one of the greatest accomplishments for a writer and you did a great job.

Love and Kisses,

Becks Rylynn
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Um first point; it's official. Definitely in love with your style.

Second point; The Weight of Water. Enough said. I, LOVE, the title. Love.

I'm sure I'm on the verge of sounding repetitive at this point, but it was so lovely. I loved the images of Piper and Chris, both stuck in this nonexistent realm, there and not there at the same time. You threw so many dichotemies into the mix, and the concepts of ambivalence, of moving towards and away from each other, were completely awesome. They were there and not there, he was hers, and yet now not hers, they see each other, and they don't. UGH love. I loved how they were in the same place, and yet couldn't quite match each other... like the line about him not understanding, because he thinks differently than she does, and yet he still understands the important parts; the unspoken parts. I can't even pick my favourites this time... although I DID read this a bunch of times;

"He does not think he will survive losing her twice. He tries not to believe that he just has."

Perfect ending. You make me very happy, lol. Oh, and the image of him as 'a paper-shell cut-out of the child she raised' was amazing too. I'm going to hit submit before I end up copying and pasting EVERY line I liked... 'cause the review will be as long as your story :P .