Reviews for The Rainmaker
Frostfire613 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I think it's okay for Yugi to lose every once in a while :)

Only to Kaiba or Atem though, if it was anyone else, I'd have a fit
Lolchen chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Cute story. Liked Kisara's part there. And I actually think it's good Kaiba won. It was time that he had his moment of glory... even if he's fourty already *giggles* Oh well, time Yugi passed the crown on anyway. Nicely written. I enjoyed it.

Lolchen
hornofdesolation chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
I would like to mention that I have started a forum after hearing of the death of this person, the second fanfiction author I know to have passed away before completing his or her work. I confess to being guilty of sending a message to JuJube the Tree almost a month after his passing that was never replied to. At the time I presumed it was because I was being ignored. I was upset when I discovered what had occured. Two or three years ago another fanfiction author I knew of named Youkai Youko passed away. I was surprised at the time since it had never occured to me a fanfiction author might die and leave his works incomplete. But it was my first realization that fanfiction authors are not immortal even if their works are.
shadowneko003 chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Yugi lost. But in all, it was good. I like how you emphasize the meaning of the duel and the relationship between Yugi and Kaiba and Kaiba and Kisara. The duel itself was nicely played out. You made a full circle, connecting the beginning and the end.
Ieyre chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I think you've done a good job showing how Kaiba would react to actually beating Yugi-with the victory he would actually finally let go and see that the winning wasn't what was actually important, but being able to move on from that moment.

This was really interesting and insightful. I like how you explored the Yugi/Kaiba dynamic. Kisara's presence was very eerie.
elias chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Great story!
LuoLiBei chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I really liked this story. I don't always enjoy duel heavy stories, but I think you did a great job of capturing the essence of the show rather than giving a technical account of a game. Plus I always enjoy a story focused on Kaiba. :)
GamerBlake90 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
(gawks) Yugi Muto...the King of Games...losing to Seto Kaiba? Why, I oughta...I should come over there and summon a hoard of Duel Monsters to tear you to shreds for this!

... (then he grins and laughs loudly) Nah, I'm just kidding, don't worry. I just couldn't resist saying that! (snickers again for a moment before gathering himself) Anyway, enough of my joke. I should be reviewing.

Honestly, I am surprised to see Yugi losing to Kaiba of all people. But from having read this, it does make a lot of sense. Like with the Pharaoh, the strongest of men must know defeat. And winner or not, to be able to accept a defeat with such grace and respect for his opponent...Yugi truly is the King of Games. Besides, no duelist can have a permanent winning streak; it's just unrealistic. So it's refreshing to see something new happen for a change.

And Kaiba's confrontation of his past - that was quite some deep writing material. It definitely placed a lot of symbolism and in-depth on this duel, as well as Kaiba's character. You definitely know your stuff about deepening a character's personality. I applaud you for such wonderful writing.

Just one question. How come we didn't get to see how Yugi's friends reacted to his defeat? They were present at the duel, right? Not that it's important and all; I'm just kind of curious as to how they would feel about Yugi losing to Kaiba. But never mind about that.

Overall, a brilliant one-shot! Keep up the great work!
MychemicalDarkness chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Wow ! That was such an amazing story! It was written really well and portrayed the characters very good. It really made me think that that couldve really happened on the show. Great job! )
shawniees chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
That was really interesting. I enjoyed reading it.