Reviews for Where the Road Leads
imahappyperson chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Wonderfully written. You tugged my heart. swoooon.
OrangeKiss chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
This story is awesome. Shiki needs a big hug. From me, of course :D. You are an incredibly brilliant writer. Keep it up. I hope you write about Shiki x Yuka again, maybe this time, a lighter fic with a happy ending.

Lots of looooove 3,

OrangeKiss
peps-chan chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Seriously, I was awed by the story.

I feel really bad for Shiki. Even though he knows he doesn't stand a chance, he still continued to help Yuka in anyway he can.

It was very well-written and you portrayed Shiki well. -fangirl squeal-

peps-chan
MiladyQueenMab chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I have a feeling that those who write ShikixYuka stories which are heavily inclusive of the unrequited love component of their relationship, are incredibly good at writing. You are no exception, obviously. :)

I've honestly reviewed too many of your stories for comfort. In reality, I've sort of run out of words to say, which is embarrassing on my part.

I liked how you separated the parts of your story. ;) Somehow, even if they were just a couple of paragraphs, they portrayed a different chapter of his life and his love for her. I have to admit that I'm a Kaoru fan, and the way you hinted at her personality definitely won me over. If I did favorite stories, I'd shamelessly do so with this story. ;)

I love your wordings of everything. Practically every sentence was worded perfectly, and I felt that the third person worked really well. :) But that's the technical stuff, which I really rather not get into.

Your characterization of Shiki did madness to me. I felt somehow connected to the guy, and though I was never really a major fangirl of his, your writing never failed to get me so involved- perhaps, too involved- with your Shiki. Bleh. I really have to reconsider my ShikixYuka. :P

Shiki and Yuka's relationship reminds me of Serverus and Lily. Severus deserved Lily as Shiki undoubtedly deserved Yuka, but both were denied the ability to be happy with their loved ones. Ah well. That's just me being a total weirdo. :P

Please ignore me. But do not ignore me when I say you need to write more Shiki and Yuka stories. ;) Or, at least, Shiki screen time on STCIT. :D

Keep it up!
this.pen.is.red chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
I doubt you need another review for this... This... F-ing wonderful story.

But God damn it, I'm gonna review anyways, because I love this story. And, for the purpose of pouting and getting extremely jealous of your Naruto keychain. Might I know where you got it? Doesn't matter what country, but I just want to know. :)

For some strange reason, slowly throughout the manga, though Natsume's been flashed, and people constantly claim how wonderful he is, I personally like Shiki more. There's this depth to him that wasn't covered in the manga and yet in your story, it was captured exactly the way I'd hoped it'd be. I perceive that i blieve him to be wonderful because he loves Yuka and cannot have her; however despite this unrequited love, he just stays by her side loyally.

That's exactly what your story portrayed. Goodness, you're good with these types of stories.

And this, I realize, is why I cannot be disappointed with your writing. You will remain forever my hero, despite how little communication we've had.
Excalibear chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Wow. I loved it. I love Shiki-his angst, his pain, his love for Yuka... You portrayed him in such a beautiful, poignant way. Great job!
LadyMaybel chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I haven't read the part where Shiki comes in, but I really do like this. I usually hate unrequited love but you make it sound so beautiful, his loyalty and his unfathomable determination. Great job with this one. I'm going to reread GA now because I only read a bit after the anime and then I just stopped. You make me want to continue. :)

Thank you for writing this!
MiNi-RAi chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
I agree that Shiki does look cool. It's just sad about his story though. :( Anyway, wonderful story. Shiki and Yuka's relationship was really well-portrayed. :)
Qualia Des chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Yes, FINALLY a story about Shiki! 3

Thank you very much for writing this, and thank you very much for writing it so well! :)
IAmTheBattleMaiden chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Hey, Anna! _

Great one-shot. I love Shiki, too. I love the essence you gave him in this fic. It suits him well. I think my favorite thing about Shiki is his eyes. Every ounce of life and emotion you DON'T see in his movements or expressions are held in his eyes. He's a more stoic Hotaru character. :)

Can't wait for an update to TBATB! Hope your holidays are FANTABULOUS!

Ja-ne! _-
perfectly weird chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Shiki is a sweetie (and SUPERHOT)... i love how he is always so supportive of Yuka, yup his love is a sad one...wonder is they are really together as in 'together' in the manga...i doubt so but i can wish! ;P
foxtrotelly chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Listening to 'Enough To Let Me Go' by Switchfoot seemed to make the story so much more meaningful and gain more depth.

I shall give you a lyric sample:

Oh

I'm a wandering soul

I'm still walking the line that leads me home

Alone

All I know

I still got mountain to climb

On my own

On my own

Do you love me enough to let me go?

To let me follow through

To let me fall for you

Do you love me enough to let me go?

P.S. PM me when you receive your 30th rev for this story. (:
Hanamoto Sahari chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Actually, all roads lead back to heaven. ]

But I thought this was beautifully written. I hope Shiki's loyalty gets rewarded in some way, T-sama.
IndigoGrapefruit chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
It feels like I'm reviewing myself... which is just weird.

And Shiki's last name is Masachika? O I swear I never noticed that!

I liked Shiki's portrayal in this story. In the manga, he always appeared as a calm person to me (honestly, in all his cameos he always had this apathetic look). Props for making him mature and levelheaded yet somewhat inexperienced in love. ;)

I remember the umbrella! "Innocent, one dimentional umbrella." Innocent indeed. P

The ending was my favourite part. It was so sad when he had to let her go. But isn't Shiki in the same year as Kaoru? In that case, he would have already graduated with her, wouldn't he?

If there ever is a timeskip, Higuchi Tachibana should totally marry off Shiki and Yuka. P

-A.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
the way you describe shiki's feelings was so great!

GOOD JOB! Keep it up