Reviews for Falling Snow
myeve123 chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Like the piece, very emotional
TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Ha, you did it again.

' on a cleaver mask' clever.

Itachi's story is so sad. Sasuke, I get where he is, but he's nothing compared to his brother. Itachi's doing it for Sasuke, but Sasuke's doing this more for himself.

But I like it. I love Itachi.
howling-wolf628 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
I think you got Itachi's character just right :)

nicely done!
Magical Mistress Sarai chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
"That" is such a boring word. Don't you agree? I personally HATE the word, unfortunately sometimes it has to be used; however, I think I have a way to fix that first sentence so you don't have to use "that".

"Itachi liked the snow[,] but not because of its beauty." (and the comma after snow is purely semantics... it depends on how you want the line to sound).

Now before I say anything else: I like it. The imagery her is very detached... it's cold... it fits a very crystalline intricacy. I find you to have a very good ear for meter... it's a wonderful short piece. Your images are spot on.

Grammatical... that's the only weakness of this piece, mainly some fragments:

"Frozen for as long as the frigid breeze allowed them; free-falling from the sky in a slow descent to the ground, where they would rest until they melted and perished with the rise of the thawing sun."

This whole, lovely image is a fragment. I don't know exactly how you would fix it without destroying the images... perhaps adding "They drifted," to the beginning? "They drifted, frozen for as..." Possibly it could work with your image of snowflakes?

And this here:

He was use to the sound of his own voice now, dull and at times, almost monotonous; [as caged and bound as his emotions and his heart.]"

The bracketed part is a fragment, but you can fix that by making the semicolon a comma. Everything is good.

Other than that... I have nothing for you. The piece works wonderfully. I loved the images. I couldn't help but picturing a sort of dark humor when Kisame appeared... I could see Itachi smirking as the "blue" man appeared. I was thinking about being "so cold you turn blue". I just kinda had an evil giggle at the image.

Very nice, I do think that reading this piece and Rising Sun together... it makes a very good couple.
Insufficient chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
I've seen that picture, I think.

I loved your comparison, snow being all pure and white, and Itachi being...not. You explained in a different way, so.

Good job ._.
Obelisk of Light chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Nice one-shot. You've captured Itachi's personality very well. I'm not much of an Itachi fan, but I like the story.
Scarred Mind chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
I short one but a good one...wow, you are cranking them out left and right lately. Pretty good...favorited.