Reviews for Artemis Fowl: The Desiderata
Alchemechanist chapter 2 . 11/22/2009
Hm... I like the idea of shipping Holly in a FedEx box. Makes me laugh a little. Though she already did have claustrophobia (not sure what book it states this in, but there's a reference when she's in the barrel of fat in TTP), so it would kind of be impossible for her to develop it in the box. Unless it just got worse. Whatever. Minor detail.

I just noticed as I read this that you changed your writing between SIACL to this from present to past and I'm curious as to why that is.

Good as usual, though getting something this abrupt from you is still shell-shocking me a little. I like it a lot, though. I'm very glad to have another piece of writing from you.

Matt
Kitsune Heart chapter 2 . 11/22/2009
...what did Artemis do to the terrier? Oh...poor puppy...

I LOVED Mulch's reaction to Holly. Exactly how I was imagining it. Happy birthday to Mulch, indeed. Though the idea of bearded dwarf women...bleh.

The interactions in this are just...perfect. Not that IACL wasn't funny, at times, but you are making a huge break into humor with this. It is excellent.
TheBadsun chapter 2 . 11/22/2009
update update update ! lol

awsomr stry !

looking forward to more!
bholley chapter 2 . 11/22/2009
Jam cookies? Awful terrier? I am so incredibly interested in this unfortunate incident. The time skipping has me quite a bit confused in the way you've written it, but you've marked it clearly enough, it just takes a little more effort on my part. Way to keep a few lazy readers on their toes. I loved the idea of shipping Holly in a big box. That entertains me to no end, and to Mulch of all places! Nice way to not give anything away about Mulch's letter. Looking forward for more updates, this one wasn't as short as I thought just by looking at the AN at the beginning.
Liris chapter 1 . 11/22/2009

Nice, like this a lot. Update as soon as possible!

Liris

x
Kitsune Heart chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I saw this when I woke up and was all "OMG! OH NOES! WORK!" So I opened it in a tab, took my computer to work, and read this on my lunch break. Worth it. So. Thoughts:

Holly is totally going to pop out of that box...though perhaps in not the same manner that a stripper pops out of a cake.

Mulch and Holly, together again...so much potential for mutual torment with those two.

Artemis back to stealing...and it appears he's been mind-wiped? That's the impression I'm getting.

Once again, artwork I really wish I could see, but which appears to not exist. I like that Erhmann seems to be an allusion to the actual writer of "Desiderata," though.

I can't help but think the necklace Artemis has isn't Freya's necklace. It seems too...convenient. Although, Sam Spade ran across the Maltese Falcon pretty quickly, so who knows.

I get the feeling the plot of my mystery will hugely inspired by "The Maltese Falcon," much as you are taking from Wrede. Ah, well. More-or-less-theft is the sincerest form of flattery...right?

Must...finish...NaNo...so I may post something before you leave!
andaere chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Hmm, this is very promising. It's refreshing to see an author in the AF genre using proper grammar and good writing and all that kinda stuff... :) This story seems very interesting, too - I like all of the mystery. And the fact that it's in the "Artemis has been mind-wiped" time period. I always liked that part and all of the awkwardness and emotions that it causes... :)
WeirdButAwesome chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Yay, good start! So the only thing I can say to you now is update as soon as you can...or you won't gte cyber cookies. And I make really good cyber cookies! ;)

Lotsa Love,

Malli
jayJ530 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Hooray! It's finally here! D

Whoa, Artemis is 17? Definietely very AU. I'm really excited to see where you go with this.

Have fun in Laos. )
timbrene chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Ohh, interesting... I'm guessing the necklace that turned up with the painting is the one Holly supposedly stole...? If it is, that's a very interesting... word word word... um... "twist" is the best I can come up with at the moment.

And, in my opinion, you are half the people on this site who can write Trouble Kelp in a way that makes him actually likeable.

Definitely funny, interesting, .
Name On The Spine chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Yaay! New Lli-chapter fic!

I like the plot of this one already. Especially the double-plot, I guess it is. Side-plot, mayhaps? Doesn't matter, it's still brilliant. I also like the new writing style you're trying out; it's much more cut-and-dry than your usual, but much more informative. Keep it up ;D

The only thing disappointing is that I have no next-chapter button to click D:
Alchemechanist chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
*Sigh* Well, it certainly looks like the two reviews you've gotten so far are not up to snuff. And, in case you hadn't guessed, that is certainly not Demetra.

Hm... Holly... framed... DNA evidence...? BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA! The sincerest form of flattery, eh? (I'm assuming that the fanfics were mine.) I'll take that any day :)

As per usual, your writing is very good, though I don't feel that this is your best work. But as it is the first chapter, I will reserve judgment on that and wait anxiously. You are quite right - it is WAY different than your usual writing. It's interesting to read something like this from you. I think that this fandom is so used to reading your out-of-the-ballpark Holly/Artemis writings that this will earn you some thumbs down reviews - like the one from Mr. Moore down there - because I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that this is the first time you've changed your story up a lot like this.

Christ, this review looks so negative in hindsight, but it wasn't supposed to. I liked it a lot. Very in character and realistic - I can very much see this actually happening in the Artemis Fowl world. I'm interested to see where you go with this, seeing as this is a totally new subject for you. I'll be watching...

When are you heading to Laos, and will it conflict with updates? Have a great trip when you do leave! Man, this motivates me to write the last 500 words I need for the new chapter instead of my biology report...

Matt