Reviews for Burn, Baby, Burn
mycherrypie chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Love the title! Love the emotion! Love it's Sam's POV! Love the touch! Love all the imagery! Love how Dean wasn't ready and then he was and instead of Sam being there for Dean, it was Dean there for Sam! Loved Bobby! "Oh, THAT!" It was all quietly pulled together so nicely!

LOVE!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Great tag. I really liked the way you approached this one. Sam letting Dean get his rage out before he tries to help was wise. I felt so sad that he thought about all the bad things he caused and how his relationship with the Harvelles was broken. How things just kinda felt hopeless, until he felt Dean and Bobby's presence behind him. Wonderful writing. Hugs, Vonnie
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
So, I don't read tags... I used to, but not anymore. However, when you mentioned yours, I had to check it out. Because, well, it's you.

I liked that it was a short burst and that it focused on Sam (which, I should have expected from you *grin*) and not Dean/Jo. I liked that Dean's pain and anger appeared to be from losing friends - family - and not the potential love of his life as some people have been speculating. *pauses to roll eyes*

But what I liked most is how you went back to remind us that Sam had a separate history with the Harvelle's that would cause them to be cautious around him - even subconsciously. And while he was accepted now, they were wary of him, and it made sense. I liked that Sam felt helpless in his need to be angry but had no focus as to where to put that anger.

And I liked that hand on his back at the end. Because the hand on the shoulder had been needed, but it was too soon in the cycle of remorse to accept.

Nicely done.

And yeah - music, like everything else, has a time and place. You chose wisely.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
As you know, I am still 5 days away from seeing this episode but I can not resist spoilers or summaries and I could not resist your story either. Love it of course. Beautiful angsty description. Particularly loved...

*"...there was so much room in between them, so much wasted space, and Sam wished he was closer because it was awkward and he just wanted to close the gap. He wanted to retie what was broken and pull that knot secure and tight again."

The repeated imagery of the fire - its links to Dean in Hell; its links to Lucifer/Sam; the Harvelles' end; Sam burning bridges through his life - consistent, effective and lovely.

*The imagery of touch - Sam nervous of touching Dean and that moment of effect - Dean and Bobby's hands on him..."It felt like friendship and acceptance and love." Very moving.

A great tag (even to someone who doesn't EXACTLY know what you're tagging!)
krissy7490 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
That was so beautiful and poignant. Wonderful job.
carocali chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
"He lifted a hand, without even thinking, laid it gently on Dean’s shoulder. But there was so much room in between them, so much wasted space, and Sam wished he was closer because it was awkward and he just wanted to close the gap. He wanted to retie what was broken and pull that knot secure and tight again.

“Sam,” Dean began and Sam stayed silent, waiting him out, letting his fingers wrap around, rock-solid. “Please, just… get out.”

It only took one wiggle of Dean’s shoulder to get loose of Sam’s grip and Sam looked away."

So sad. These boys have been through so much, and this was especially painful because the Harvelle's ended up dying for nothing.

But in the end, you made this work - gave the boys back each other through their silent gestures and presence. Understated with purpose! Really nice work!

:D

Caroline
rosebud98 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Oh,gees. *rubs heart* That was wrenching. What a great thing, though at the end, the hands on Sam's back, just being there. This brought tears to my eyes. I felt so badly for Sam. So many of the tags are Dean centered and this was just so nicely said.

Wow - just Wow.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Hey, Blair. Lovely and sad, and no music necessary! The quiet really came through, and was extremely appropriate to the tone you established. To me, this was a piece about touch, and sound would have been extraneous.

"He wanted to retie what was broken and pull that knot secure and tight again." Beautiful.

"Sam’s skin was just the ribbon needed to bind it all together." Creepy but great!

I just loved all the language of the hands. Thanks for sharing.
leahcim chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Wow. Great, great tag.

I really liked the part where Sam just wished he could pull a knot and make them secure and tight again.

Nice job coming from Sam's POV.
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Favorite AAH tag yet! It was beautiful. It really was. I could really feel all of their pain, you know? But I loved how you ended it, with all three of them together. Very fitting.

Gawd, this show just tears my heart to pieces!
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
That was really well done. You hit the high emotions well for all three characters in all their different little ways which was really nice to see. That's a really nice companion peice to the episode ;) ... well done ;)

Tara x0x
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Excellent tag - I loved it.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I feel so badly and so MUCH for Sam! I want him to survive, to be happy, and odds are stacked against him. This choked me up. The last thing he needs is to feel abandoned by Dean and Bobby. I'm so glad Dean realized that and came down to comfort him.

EXCELLENT story!

Love, Robin

Editor, SUPERNATURAL

Episode 5.10 up now
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
My poor Sammy!

This story made me cry. Dean putting his hand on Sam's back - and Sam recognizing that it was Dean - was the best moment ever in story.

CB
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Great story. It's hard but also important to see the boys, and Bobby, feel the pain of their losts. So many of them...
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »