Reviews for Burn, Baby, Burn
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Awesome work, my dear: soothing without giving pat answers, sweet but in character. The Winchesters-and Bobby-always show where they stand best without words.
TraSan chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
Sorry I'm late! I'm playing a little catch up reading tonight.

Great tag to the episode and a fine exploration of emotions of all three of our remaining men. Nicely done.
xlozx chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
That was all kinds of awesome, loved it!
PsychicWonderKitty chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Wow...so I haven't reviewed anything in a really long time, to my shame...probably not even since the button turned green. And I just FINALLY finished posting a fic myself a couple weeks ago for the first time in two years. But I just HAD to review this, cuz WOW...this is EXACTLY how the last episode left me feeling.

I hate to say it, but it is the truth...this fic made me cry even more than the episode itself. Don't get me wrong, Jo's and Ellen's sacrificial deaths were terribly tragic and beautifully acted, and I did get a little misty-eyed at some point...and then Ellen said "And Dean? Kick it in the ass...don't you miss." While Sam was standing RIGHT THERE beside Dean...and my heart started breaking for a whole different reason. For Sam. I kinda understood why Sam was essentially just window dressing during most of the Jo scenes; after all, she'd been brought on originally as Dean's "love interest" and had that bad experience with possessed-Sam. But I didn't understand that one line at all, cuz here I was under the impression that Ellen and Sam were just as close as Ellen and Dean...so much for that. And that's what we're left with, what SAM'S left with, b/c Ellen's gone now...so yeah, my heart broke there.

But your story, wow...I think it did something to help mend that broken heart of mine! Not before you broke it further, of course, when Sam tried to comfort Dean and Dean told him to go away - that was actually when the tears started - and when Sam had the same depressing reflections on Ellen and Jo that I was left with after the episode and then extended those self-loathing thoughts to be all-encompassing, laying his head down on his arms and crying silently. Yeah...that was killer. But when Bobby laid his hand on Sam's shoulder in support, followed by Dean pressing a hand on his back, oh man...well that just totally did me in! But in a GOOD way. It made me feel hope for Sam, for all three of them...hope that Dean and Bobby will indeed never let Sam go and will always be there for him, and vice-versa.

So thank you for writing that. It made me feel better just as you said it made you, and since the episode so prominently displayed Dean's emotions on the loss of Ellen and Jo, I was searching for that rare tag that would bring SAM'S to light just as poignantly, a task which often falls to those fanfic writers who dare take on that task, I've noticed...and this was definitely it for me! Excellent, excellent job, I'm taking this as my canon! :-D
mycherrypie chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Love the title! Love the emotion! Love it's Sam's POV! Love the touch! Love all the imagery! Love how Dean wasn't ready and then he was and instead of Sam being there for Dean, it was Dean there for Sam! Loved Bobby! "Oh, THAT!" It was all quietly pulled together so nicely!

LOVE!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Great tag. I really liked the way you approached this one. Sam letting Dean get his rage out before he tries to help was wise. I felt so sad that he thought about all the bad things he caused and how his relationship with the Harvelles was broken. How things just kinda felt hopeless, until he felt Dean and Bobby's presence behind him. Wonderful writing. Hugs, Vonnie
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
So, I don't read tags... I used to, but not anymore. However, when you mentioned yours, I had to check it out. Because, well, it's you.

I liked that it was a short burst and that it focused on Sam (which, I should have expected from you *grin*) and not Dean/Jo. I liked that Dean's pain and anger appeared to be from losing friends - family - and not the potential love of his life as some people have been speculating. *pauses to roll eyes*

But what I liked most is how you went back to remind us that Sam had a separate history with the Harvelle's that would cause them to be cautious around him - even subconsciously. And while he was accepted now, they were wary of him, and it made sense. I liked that Sam felt helpless in his need to be angry but had no focus as to where to put that anger.

And I liked that hand on his back at the end. Because the hand on the shoulder had been needed, but it was too soon in the cycle of remorse to accept.

Nicely done.

And yeah - music, like everything else, has a time and place. You chose wisely.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
As you know, I am still 5 days away from seeing this episode but I can not resist spoilers or summaries and I could not resist your story either. Love it of course. Beautiful angsty description. Particularly loved...

*"...there was so much room in between them, so much wasted space, and Sam wished he was closer because it was awkward and he just wanted to close the gap. He wanted to retie what was broken and pull that knot secure and tight again."

The repeated imagery of the fire - its links to Dean in Hell; its links to Lucifer/Sam; the Harvelles' end; Sam burning bridges through his life - consistent, effective and lovely.

*The imagery of touch - Sam nervous of touching Dean and that moment of effect - Dean and Bobby's hands on him..."It felt like friendship and acceptance and love." Very moving.

A great tag (even to someone who doesn't EXACTLY know what you're tagging!)
krissy7490 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
That was so beautiful and poignant. Wonderful job.
carocali chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
"He lifted a hand, without even thinking, laid it gently on Dean’s shoulder. But there was so much room in between them, so much wasted space, and Sam wished he was closer because it was awkward and he just wanted to close the gap. He wanted to retie what was broken and pull that knot secure and tight again.

“Sam,” Dean began and Sam stayed silent, waiting him out, letting his fingers wrap around, rock-solid. “Please, just… get out.”

It only took one wiggle of Dean’s shoulder to get loose of Sam’s grip and Sam looked away."

So sad. These boys have been through so much, and this was especially painful because the Harvelle's ended up dying for nothing.

But in the end, you made this work - gave the boys back each other through their silent gestures and presence. Understated with purpose! Really nice work!

:D

Caroline
rosebud98 chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Oh,gees. *rubs heart* That was wrenching. What a great thing, though at the end, the hands on Sam's back, just being there. This brought tears to my eyes. I felt so badly for Sam. So many of the tags are Dean centered and this was just so nicely said.

Wow - just Wow.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Hey, Blair. Lovely and sad, and no music necessary! The quiet really came through, and was extremely appropriate to the tone you established. To me, this was a piece about touch, and sound would have been extraneous.

"He wanted to retie what was broken and pull that knot secure and tight again." Beautiful.

"Sam’s skin was just the ribbon needed to bind it all together." Creepy but great!

I just loved all the language of the hands. Thanks for sharing.
leahcim chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Wow. Great, great tag.

I really liked the part where Sam just wished he could pull a knot and make them secure and tight again.

Nice job coming from Sam's POV.
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Favorite AAH tag yet! It was beautiful. It really was. I could really feel all of their pain, you know? But I loved how you ended it, with all three of them together. Very fitting.

Gawd, this show just tears my heart to pieces!
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
That was really well done. You hit the high emotions well for all three characters in all their different little ways which was really nice to see. That's a really nice companion peice to the episode ;) ... well done ;)

Tara x0x