Reviews for Fides
ChrysLexiTaylor chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
'her monkey' well worded and sweet
WickedBluerose chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Veritas ended rather abruptly for my taste without really dealing with the aftermath of Helen's choices - this fic was a nice add on to effectively round things out. Both characters are portrayed wonderfully in character 100% which I appreciate! :-)
Di-Bee chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
That story is so sweet! You really can write any kind of stories, somehow, can't you? BUt this, this piece of friendship and trust, is just so sweet and so.. fitting, or so I think with my way of considering those characters, it's just great!

I'd underline a fact, too, that had gotten me to smile even more widely, the cheeky monkey reminder, I loved that scene from the very day I've first seen it, and will keep loving it, I fear. And that reminder, and the whole fiction here, really are great.

I've always found veritas weird, but that fiction seems to make it regain some balance, somehow. I mean, the end was for sure very frustrating, and that makes it right, kind of.

Plus the whole drooling thing, sleeping on her feet, and all, the image just is adorable! Every single detail you put in that makes it more 'real' than the former, and, really, it is delighting to read such thing.

I may repeat myself, here, but amazing work!
Surreal Squirrel chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Cute...
RowanDarkstar chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Oh, this is lovely. I particularly like this:

-“Better?” she asked, resting the back of two fingers against his cheek.-

I love that little detail, it's just so HER and brings the moment to life.
T Marel chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Aw, that was great! I started reading it with a romantic subtext, then changed my mind and decided it was platonic. I dunno. Either way, very sweet & you really captured their voices. Thanks for sharing!
Soului chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
The protege/teacher friendship between Will and Magnus is one of my favorite aspects of the show. Thank you so much for writing this. I really think this was a great addition to the plot laid down on the actual episode.
lastrequest chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Really nice :)
Nessd chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I have loved Sanctuary since the days of the webisodes. I fell in love with Helen Magnus and the rest of the gang the first time I saw them.

Helen has become my favorite character that Amanda Tapping has ever done (and I really liked Sam Carter).

I've saying this so that you know that I'm sorta picky when it comes to how writers portray her. Usually they don't get her "voice" as it were.

You have absolutely nailed her! I can see Amanda Tapping's Helen in every word of the dialog that you've written.

It is an amazing fic.

You got Will as well. Although in my mind he isn't as hard to write as Helen.

Well done!
Ellie 5192 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I just watched the episode and stumbled upon this story. I loved it. It's very in character, and so sweet and endearing! I love the continued use of the name monkey- it's a term I've always loved- and you capture their relationship so well. I choose not to read it as a shippy fic in any way, and I love the mother/son relationship that this story creates (whether that was intentional or not).

Fantastic!

Bravo
Oparu chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
oh this is lovely! very sweet and all warm and snuggly.
SentientMist chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I love this! It probably just made my day! I can never get enough stories about the relationship between Helen and Will! They have such a chemistry and closeness, even if you view it from a platonic standpoint, and I adore watching (or reading) the two of them together! Thanks for the fic!
MissCheerfully chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Cuttest fic I ever read.

Very sweet! I loved it.
lenc chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Aww :) That was really sweet and adorable. Loved the 'name-dropper' banter at the end. Great to read, as always :)

(and now I need to actually watch the ep...)
Soul Rider chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Aww, adorable! I love this, it is the perfect compliment to last night's episode.

“You’re going to get a sore neck sleeping like that, monkey,”

Best line of the story! Great job, once again.