Reviews for Childhood’s End
Jonin Neji Hyuga chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
Very interesting and well thought out story.
Elased chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
I can really see this, I think. For everyone that thought Hermione followed Harry into fighting Voldemort out of loyalty to Harry, I always thought that Hermione's quest is much more personal to her than loyalty to her best friend, and I adore your portrayal of it.
Blackgenius chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Excellent story, and highly authentic. Her intellect is clear throughout, but the ending really identifies the Gryffindor in Hermione. Very well put together, consider yourself commended.
Karinta chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Wowee. Beautiful.
Andrius chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
I like it. Hermione's really strong.
CheddarTrek chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Josephine Stone chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I decided a few months ago that when I finish all my WIP's I am going to write the series from Draco's POV. Well, in third person like how JKR did, but with Draco as the main character. It would be a one sided Harry/Draco of course. Everyone that I've run into that attempted it skews too far from the original story or just isn't written as well. That's why I want to do it.

Reading this makes me wish you'd do the series from Hermione's POV. You write every character so well, but I know she is your favorite. But then you'd have to under take the Ron/Hermione romance. So maybe from Neville's POV with an one sided Hermione/Neville.

Oh, God. I have so many ideas for Harry Potter fanfiction that I'll never stop writing it until I've done the entire series from every characters POV. Though I really only cared about Harry and Draco's POV, until I read your work. You really made the characters come alive to me.

I love this insight to Hermione's childhood. It, like everything else you write, is real. You have a few thousand words where most would say 'Hermione was shocked at the adult's behaviour'.

I've told you this before, but every time I feel that I'm becoming too mushy and sweet in my writing I come and read your work. I ran into a writer on FictionPress the other day that did the same thing to me. I talked about it for days.

Anyway, I came back today, because I've had a google account for a while and decided to 1 my favorite stories. And it reminded me that I need to go back and read 'Behind Glass' before I finish writing my next chapter of 'The Bet'. They are supposed to be fighting and I need to not have them be so nice during it.

Actually, I should go back and read your birthday one-shot, because there is a fight between Harry and Ginny I am writing right now and I need to hate Ginny again.
stargazer099 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Sad, but excellent. It's the moment Hermione grew up - when her childhood protectors were gone and she knew she had to stand on her own. Growning up is painful and difficult, especially when one has to do so as quickly as Hermione does.

I wonder if this is a conclusion that many muggle-borns end up coming to eventually, though maybe not as early, or if it is just Hermione with her special position in the war and keen intellect.
Twisted Identity chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
I love this. It has such a sad tone. I think every child realizes that their parents can't protect them eventually but the way Hermione did was violent and sickening.
tenoh27 chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Heartwrenching, what an end to a wonderful childhood. Thank you.
tambrathegreat chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Wow. just... wow. I loved the way the story was told. I don't think it would have been as effective otherwise. I don't want to sound like I'm gushing, but... What a story. Thanks for sharing it.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
I thought I should read this one, give chapter 13. I love stories about her home life, and what her parents must have gone through with their only child in a world they couldn't enter or understand.

They had to let her go back. It would have been a rejection of everything they believed in to do otherwise.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
A nice insight into Hermione's mind. It explains why she went to such lengths to make sure her parents would be safe during the war.
SJ chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Sad. And lovely. What do decent human beings do when confronted with evil? You can also see how on taking of the burden of protector at 13 affects (warps?) Hermione's actions later in life.

A very nice ficlet.
NevemTeve chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I sort of hoped you could explain how came the Grangers didn't know (or care) about Hermione being petrified in her second year... great writing anyway.