Reviews for Too Rare to Die
DC2012 chapter 8 . 6/11/2013
I really love this story- I hope you write more!
Katie 452 chapter 5 . 7/11/2010
i like this a lot.
sandy chapter 5 . 7/9/2010
keep going. both author's versions are terrific.
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 4 . 12/11/2009
Okay, firstly, the chapter titles as a single sentence is very clever. I like!

I know I've already said this, but your references are great. I don't get half of them but since Casey always imagines her life as a drama or just larger-than-life, I CAN imagine her comparing moments in her life to things she's seen and read. It's, in fact, what she's always wanted. And it helps impart a greater depth to Derek and Casey which is always good :) And her musings on the 'night' are perfect, without any Sally bashing.

"[a you’re-from-another-planet line]"

*blushes* Lol, yeah, I DO tend to use that a lot, don't I :) It's like a...er...trope in my fics or something. I just like it for some reason! (The other trope is Casey thinking of Derek's lack of vocabulary). Yeah, Smerek-Smarti and Derek-Casey are SO the same *rollseyes* They need therapy.

(I like Derek's sweatshirt. I want).

The conversation is sort of silent and more implied. That's eaxctly what it was supposed to be :) And the ENDING LINE FTW. That's SO Casey and EXACTLY how I would expect her to justify and rationalize!

I'll probably be stealing details from this shamelessly _

Haha, it's weird to say, but update soon :)
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 3 . 12/11/2009
I like Casey's constant wonderings about the proper way around guys. She's been dating since so long but it's like this new-found semi-realization is making her awkward and different because for once in her perfectly-planned-out life she doesn't know what to say, how to react, what to think. It's not right there, but her little musings help add that between-the-lines element where she doesn't need to really say anything to show the confusion.

“You’re so focused when you play. How is that not attractive?”

(I'm on to you, Case. I remember once she said she hated the game and especially the players. We believe you. Seriously.)

Lyra's half-complete sentences are very revealing and Casey's reaction is entirely in-denial, no-I-don't-want-my-stepbrother-I'm-a-fuctional-woman Casey.

"Lyra rolls her eyes, and Casey wonders if as a little girl, her roommate had possibly dreamed of being Rizzo from Grease."

LOL. (Also, you got Lyra's "calling out" character absolutely right _)

Also, how lovely is it that DEREK exposed her to a whole new level of existence. That's an absolutely wonderful term and actually it's like I think. Derek's the sharpness in Casey's world. :)
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 2 . 12/11/2009
Oh, I *love* the Derek snarkiness. And all your references are very clever. Very...thoughtful somehow. Not to mention, the description of the parlor makes me wish I'd included all this in. You've got a very good grasp on Casey's particular brand of crazy.

Haha, I like Lyra being a Greek and Psychology major. So awesome!

Oh, Drunk!Casey thought-process is wonderful. I love all the extreme correlations and wonderings and the sort of out-of-body feel which is very, very well described :)

(Also, yes, everything is always Derek's fault. Including global warming)

Ohh, the last part is very hot. It makes me happy :D
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
WOW!

I had no idea this existed! Actually, I didn't know what a remix was, but this is freaking awesome. You've actually gone a little behind-the-scenes and done all the things that I myself am too lazy to do.

Emily description FTW.

I like the way this is formatted, picking up certain scenes and stuff, because obviously the writing is different and I enjoy that a lot. There is a lot of introspection but not overt angstyness, which is great. I liked the Casey-Sally interaction a LOT, just like I would imagine it.

(Also, I can imagine 'Almost Lover' playing, so again you win!)

And that begging part is my personal favorite so I'm very glad you added it in and wrote it in a different way.
LF7 chapter 3 . 11/28/2009
i like where this is going. Update soon. And what does redirected by WhiteLightningStrikes mean?
mayfair22 chapter 2 . 11/24/2009
I love the mirror scene and I like your Casey take on it...
Tempestuous Storms chapter 2 . 11/23/2009
The ice-cream scene is one of my personal favorites (but then again, I have a lot) and I'm glad you picked it up. Casey and Derek's close proximity is described very well, as are Casey's reactions. Actually I kind of love all the parts that you've picked up and I'm glad you're giving them personal attention. The last part is so totally hot! I really want to read the rest now, go write!

(And I hope the original gets updated soon)
Tempestuous Storms chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
This is so fucking amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect from the summary, but I love 'Distraction' and so I would read anything related to it, really.

This is very well written, and these little asides from the main narrative help keep the tension of the original and give it a slightly different turn. The narratorial voice is a little different so you don't get the feeling of repetition. Good work!
mayfair22 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I would gladly read anything remotely related to Distraction,...I guess Lightening knows how great i think her work is and considering this is a ficlit directly from there, i think its great as well...

i loved Emily's discription...