Reviews for Saying Goodbye Is Never Easy
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I really like what you did with this. The episode was so heartbreaking, and I think you added this in quite well.

I loved "Neither was able to comfort the other, yet strangely sharing the moment was oddly comforting in its own way." Those poor boys just need some time to mourn. And I really like how you portrayed Cas, too.

Thanks for writing!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Fantastic tag to a great episode.

I read earlier a comment that Kripke should had dumped the celebrity ghosts episode and turned Abandon All Hope into a two-parter to do justice to all the awesome elements within.

I gladly second that emotion. *g* But you've beautifully captured some of the emotional fallout I would have loved to have seen illustrated. Particularly loved Sam and Dean's musings on the loss of Ellen and Jo.

Great job capturing the essence of Cas, too.

Two thumbs up.

Cheers, Sculls
Target Zero chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Very sad but well done. You wonderfully captured all the emotions and feeling they must have had. Great job!
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Nicely done - tender and moving, filling in some of the gaps in the episode which did feel like it finished in a bit of a rush (though that might have just been because of the roller coaster emotional ride it turned out to be...)

I particularly liked the ending with Cas watching over them having called in some favours for their safe return.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
*is sobbing*oh that was so sad...so good...
Justme chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Very nice!.

I kind of hoped that they would show us more of Sam and Dean and the whole mourning process for Ellen and Jo.

But I think they ended it the right silence.

Because for a loss like that-there are no words.

You did a good job of describing exactly what both Sam and Dean must be has to be a lot of guilt in both of -like Bobby said it wasn't their fault.

I love how you ended the Cas watching over them.

Sam and Dean survived to fight another day.

And Ellen and Jo: "two more souls made it safely home".

Wonderful to know that both Ellen and Jo are indeed in heaven.

Great story!
Kelcor chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Great story! I was so sad when Jo and Ellen died - Dude! They killed me off! But at least it was with a REALLY COOL EXPLOSION! LoL Hope you're doing well! Now, get to work on those papers! *wink*

~Kelcor
moira4eku chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I really enjoyed your story. It brought tears to my eyes as did the episode on Thursday night. Thanks for the insight oh how Sam and Dean felt about losing Jo and Ellen (especially Dean).
Crimson1 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Of course I adore this, and I think you captured an important message here quite well, especially with Bobby being Bobby and getting Dean to realize the truth about what the girls sacrificed. And OH how I loved Sam and Dean's shared grief there at the end. That really said it for me.

This episode was the first time I really ever cried for this show. Oh, I had gotten teary-eyed plenty, but this was different. I really look forward to what the second half of the season will bring us.

Was the Con spectacular?
klutzysunshine chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Great fic. I loved this a lot.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
This was an awesome missing scene! I was glad to see the hurt/and much-needed comfort between the boys. And the exchange between Dean and Bobby was heartwrenching.
masondixon chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
A very good job expressing the emotion that we all know both boys (and Bobby) were feeling at the end of this episode. And- gratefully- Bobby is there to provide both wisdom and comfort. And thanks for a good touch of hurt Dean also. That always makes a story better. Thank You.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2