Reviews for Gunning for Gibbs
intimidating chapter 9 . 2/11/2012
I loved this story, just wonderful!
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 9 . 2/5/2012
if I did own NCIS, Vance would have died in JD and Tom Morrow would have come back! I agree. I liked him the best.

Ten feet ahead of them, three grenades rolled gently to a halt. Impulsively, Gibbs reached for the back of Tony's jacket and pulled him down, covering Tony with his own body. He pressed a hand against the back of his head even as he shouted, "Down!" and a wave of dry heat whooshed over the two agents. Awe Gibbs was protecting Tony even though he is a grown man and can do it himself.

Glad they are Ok and talked.
vanishingp2000 chapter 9 . 3/22/2010
I found this today and have now read well into the night to finish it. It was very well written with believable characterisation and vivid action sequences. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more of your work, after I've had a sleep that is! Many thanks, VP.
FlyGirl Co chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I did miss you. I love Gibbs being a BA.
Harmonized chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
WOW! its a fantastic story, just love it!

greets H.
ferryboat George chapter 9 . 1/10/2010
Wonderful alternate ending to this ep, with lovely whumping and heroism :P
GibbsRules chapter 9 . 1/2/2010
OMG! This whole story was so awesome!. I was hooked right in from the introduction to the very last line of the final chapter!. The interaction between Jackson and Tony and Gibbs and Tony at the very end brought a lump to my throat and a tear (or two!) in my eye!. Looking forward to reading the sequel :)
Sarah1965 chapter 9 . 12/26/2009
Have just caught up with the final chapters of this story and have really enjoyed it. I'm very glad to hear there will be a sequel, Tony and Gibbs have a lot of unresolved issues but they've taken the first important steps on the way. Gibbs really does need to be more open with his emotions and Tony needs to know that he can open up about his issues!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
JonasBROgirl8816 chapter 9 . 12/21/2009
Well done!
CD57 chapter 9 . 12/21/2009
So, you have issues with season 5 and 6, huh? LOL. That much was obvious...

personally, and now I'm about to get my head chewed of, think Tony WAS partly responsible for Jenny's death. He was supposed to watch her back. Oh well, but then again, I didn't really like Jenny that much while Vance is far more interesting with the dynamics going on between Gibbs and him. But anyway, I think Tony suffered enough feeling guilty about that, LOL. And Gibbs probably never truly explained to him that it was Vance, keeping the younger man on that boat/ship/whatever.

Tony is a great agent, with some serious how do you call that, issues having faith in himself? Does he really think he would be Gibbs' senior field agent if he wasn't? And boy, did he prove that he is VERY good in the first ep of season 7. I thought that was a very powerful Tony episode.

So yeah, I liked how you dealt with a few of those issues. Liked Jack straightening Tony out. Liked the final conversation. Sorry to see this story end. I agree, it is your best. SO FAR. Say that aloud, three times at least. SO FAR. I certainly want to see more of your work and am looking forward to that little sequel!

Cloning Bert, huh? Mwahahahaha!

Corine
tiffaroolou chapter 9 . 12/21/2009
Great way to end it. I love how you managed to bring a resolution to some issues between Tony and Gibbs.

Looking forward to the sequel. :D
Aussielover chapter 9 . 12/20/2009
That was quite the ending with the conflict between Dinozzo and Gibbs. I think there is a real trust between the two and you helped us discover it in this story. Thanks
SherryGabs chapter 9 . 12/20/2009
Wasn't expecting the Tony blowup for sure. Thought it was great how you had Jackson doing the patching up with Tony. I'm going to miss the updates to this story, but will look forward to the sequel you have coming.

Thanks for a great read! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
SnowFox3 chapter 9 . 12/20/2009
There we go! Here we are, at the end of a magnificently written story, and I'm quite sad to see it go, because I loved it. There's not a lot of stories I absolutely love, but this is one of them, and it's going to my favourites list. You've done a great job with this story and you should be proud.

You are right, though, the ending is definitely not what you'd expect (what I was expecting) because amongst all of the blood, cars, and injuries, we forget about the hints of something... wrong... in the first couple of chapters, and this chapter deals with that in a very big way.

Again, all of it was in-character and believable. Loved how Jackson came to the rescue. Basically, I loved the story, but I think I already mentioned that, didn't I?

And because you've updated before christmas, I get to say this again: Merry Christmas, and have a happy new year!

~SnowFox3 (one of many of your loyal reviewers!)
movieholic chapter 9 . 12/20/2009
Great fnal chapter, even though I'm sad to see it's over. I enjoyed this fic. and I can't wait to see what others you come up with! Thanks for sharing this with us; Happy Holidays!