Reviews for Conversation with a Portrait
The Breeze chapter 1 . 9/24/2010

'nuff said.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This is delightful - such an IC Hermione, and the portrait perfectly blends period history and sharp characterization. What impresses me most, probably, are your vivid, apt descriptions. I can completely see the girl, the dress, the later resemblance to Madam X, and I love the way you weave Sargent the man into the story.

/-/the painter's efforts to gentle her into glamour/-/

Such a Sargent touch, and perfect for characterizing the speaker.

The "literal-mindedness" of magical folks is a fascinating touch. They seem so fantastical to us, of course, which is probably exactly why literalism might appeal more to them - an imaginative contrast to a world in which time and "reality" and staircases are unfixed. Except that there will always be the Lunas, I'd think.
stargazer099 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
An interesting clip which again displays your theme of crossing over. It's nice glimpse into history and pureblooded society. One of the best things about you stories is the magnificant amount of detail your wizarding world even in a snippet such as this.
tenoh27 chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
That was so funny, and Emily is a very intriguing and sexy character. Thank you for another wonderful vignette.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I guessed it was Emily about half-way through the story. I liked the conversation between the two - I can just see Hermione ending up having a conversation with a portrait. I'm going to have to see if I can find the fanfictions you keep mentioning; they sound fascinating.
SJ chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
What a great fic. I read AJ Hall's DaD series a few years ago. I loved it. I can see how she inspired you. Her Augusta Longbottom was my favorite character.

Very enjoyable.