Reviews for Ties That Bind
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I have no words... The other reviewers said it pretty well but I've got nothing good enough...
Wow...
DVM
Lexical Item chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
This was a great example of two fandoms being crossed-over seamlessly. You've retained the tone of Watchmen in a wonderful way and your ideas regarding the characters' Daemons are all sticking, plausible and very original. Your exploration of Rorschach's situation in particular, is poignant and seems to resonate particularly well in the context. It's impressive that you've managed to indicate a great many things about his character in such an elegant and subtle fashion.

I can only suggest that you also include a brief mention of the Comedian's Daemon. I suggest a Hyena.
Leigh chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Good job, very in character.
The Name is Unimportant chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I just read this story about five times, and I don't really feel like I can say enough about how awesome it is.

It's perfect.
Ariadne'sThread chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
This is a bizaare mix of fandoms, but you pull it off perfectly. I love your characterisations of the daemons. My one criticism is that the the segment with Jon and Laurie seems unnecessary. The interaction between Daniel and Roscharch felt much more natural.
Mecha-Foot chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
You know, as far as crossovers go, this one struck me as totally odd and off the wall.

But then I read it, and I REALLY liked the idea of their dæmons being representational of not only their personalities but their disorders, displaying the separate reasons they all put on masks in the first place.

Standout points were Dr. Manhattan's vanished dæmon, because in-universe that would be what would be the most grotesque and freaky about him, not the blue-ness or omniscience (or maybe in addition to the blue-ness and omniscience); and Rorschach, because of how sharply he's divided himself between Rorschach and Walter he sees the embodiment of his very soul as weakness. Loved the interaction between him and Dan (as well as Dan's dæmon).
celticfox chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
This.. this makes so much awful sense. OH RORSCHACH. I would have thought Adrian's daemon would be a genetically engineered lynx D but a monkey makes just as much sense. But oh god Mereida and it's beautiful that you left that scene for the end. The almost touch... and then, "when he walks away she still follows him." GUH.

This is brilliant.