Reviews for The Drover Tells His Story
Guest chapter 2 . 2/20/2013
great piece. Well done
dreamingthedragon chapter 2 . 5/3/2012
So where's the option to review the whole thing? Dearest Roo, you know I've been a fan of your fabulous gift to write since we met oh-so-long-ago, but now I can tell you here, too!

I remember when you first sent me this in email to read and critique, and how blown away I was by how deftly you captured the spirit of the Drover as well as his voice. Like another reviewer said, I shall always think of you as the definitive fan-fiction voice of Drover, and this story had to go into my favorites for that, if nothing else. Seeing the world through Drover's world-weary eyes, and feeling his heartache while trying to have a very special love in a world that at the time could/would not accept interracial love, is a rare treat. It is amazing too, how you see the landscape as though you were yourself born in it, and it's a testament to your research skills.

Read it for at least the 5th time, and fell in love with that man all over again. I miss him. ;)

Love,

Bou
Teddy R. Lupin chapter 2 . 11/7/2010
This story was so well done, and I'm saddened that you most likely won't be writing anymore.

But I would like to know if you came up with Drover's real name, or if it does actually say it somewhere out there. The one thing that irked me about the film is no one ever reveals it.
AdrianB chapter 2 . 6/6/2010
There are so few Australia fanfics out there and even fewer good ones. This one stands out. Your writing is clear and simple, with great use of details, and the Drover's voice is true. You've obviously done your research into Aboriginal culture and WW1, and you weave it seamlessly into the story. This is my personal canon now.
OrangeTabbyCat chapter 2 . 3/27/2010
Hey there! Just joined and here is my very first feedback. You already know how much I love your writing. I was not really a fan of the movie or Drover. Liked it a lot but wasn't totally head over heels. This story (among other things) changed it for me. Whenever I think of the movie or the man now, I know this is his past, this is what made him the man he is. I honestly had times where I had forgotten that this was written by you and not in the novel. Love it!
MidLifeCrisis chapter 2 . 12/26/2009
Nicely done! Good research into WW1 and Aboriginal culture. Are you Aussie?

I'd love to know how you discovered Drover's real name. A copy of the original script perhaps? I'm adding an alert for your stories.

Thanks for sharing,

Dee
tennismonkey chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
OMG... i love this! you captured the drover absolutely perfectly. i never considered what the drover's wife was like but it fits extraordinarily well. freaking awesome, keep writind and posting because i can't get enough of this )