Reviews for Dinner AND a Show!
Smooth Pancakes chapter 11 . 10/28/2018
I really enjoyed this story. It was a much much different take on things between Arnold and Helga and the beginnings of a relationship between them than most stories about the two of them, plus the additional stories of Harold and Patty and even Curly and Rhonda! It was extremely entertaining from beginning to end with crazy levels of awkwardness and even zaniness throughout.

I do agree with a previous reviewer, I would have loved a sequel to see where this version of Helga and Arnold goes. I know it would all work out for the best, Arnold would likely eventually realize his true feelings and even love for Helga, he'd be adorably nervous and shy about it but finally express that fact to her, and her biggest wish and hope in life would come true. But the journey to that point, how long it would have taken him, what he and Helga would have done between the end of this story and that point, would have been really interesting and guaranteed entertaining to read and experience.

But other than that, I really enjoyed this story and it is easily one of my top 5 favorite Arnold and Helga stories. Maybe even top 3! This story will definitely receive numerous rereads in the future.
Smooth Pancakes chapter 5 . 10/26/2018
This just gets better and better! Everything that went down between Arnold and Helga and between Patty, Harold and Torvald during dinner, Rhonda circling like a shark smelling blood in the water, and just to add that extra layer, now Gerald, Sid and Stinky about to show up and crash the party. I am beyond anxious to see where this goes now!

Meanwhile, Helga's thoughts and response to Patty in the bathroom, about Arnold's response to her confession is an entirely new take on the end of the movie that I never thought about. While Helga was happy Arnold was giving her an out and letting her take her confession back, I never thought about her much later on considering that being a possible sign, of Arnold being immediately willing to ignore and pretend the confession never happened, that he didn't like or love her back in any way. Just thinking about that would have been heartbreaking for Helga. I had never thought of such a take on things before.
Smooth Pancakes chapter 4 . 10/26/2018
Oh god this amazing! The Uber-awkwardness! Post confession, Arnold bothering Helga repeatedly trying to talk to her (and publicly in school no less), Patty's secret matchmaking for dinner, Arnold finding out that Helga was Cecile, the awkwardness of Patty, a jealous Harold and Torvald and as if that wasn't enough, on top of all that, Rhonda being nearby and aware of all of them having dinner together as well! Oh this is great! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Yali.Page chapter 11 . 10/4/2016
I would have loved to read a sequel to see where this version of Helga and Arnold are heading, I really enjoyed their interactions in this story and I would love to read more of that!
Marion the Geek chapter 11 . 10/25/2015
That was a lot of fun. The whole story, I mean. Wonderful!
ShanniC chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
This is my all time favorite Hey Arnold story. Helga/Arnold are my OTP and you've captured their relationship perfectly! Thank you for sharing this story.
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 11 . 3/26/2015
This is a really nice story. The longest, most emotional dinner that I have ever read but it was so fun and it was realistic in terms of the characters. I just though it was a bit too complicated at times(for a bunch of children) but yeah feelings ARE complicated and it can be even more confusing for children. Overall it was very cute and fun and it brought out the good side of every character. Great job. :)
Beth chapter 8 . 5/17/2014
Oh, this is such a roller coaster ride, one minute Helga and Arnold are giggling together and the next they're having a stare-down...I love it! This story is quite brilliant! :D
Romo chapter 11 . 5/1/2014
If I remember correctly, San Lorenzo is supposed to be in Central America, not South America.
Nice story, I don't really find many good stories, specially about Harold and Patty. It would be nice if you could write something only about them. Not that I don't like Helga and Arnold, but a little variety never hurt.
Keep writing good stories like this, you have a fan! ;)
Beth chapter 7 . 4/28/2014
I just love this story so much! Arnold and Helga, you've captured them so flawlessly and the gang as well! Oh, and I did not expect it to be Ruth at the end
Guest chapter 11 . 4/6/2014
Ohhh merci beaucoup! Ending gr8! Please keep going and update April 2nd!
serendipityrain711 chapter 11 . 4/7/2014
Well you did again jenna...another wonderful story! The conclusion was perfect..its makes sense that helga would have these feelings of doubt about her and arnolds relationship but like you said in the end it will work out between them. I also liked curly and rhonda in this chapter..another cute couple and him being frozen after rhondas kiss was so funny! So like with all your stories i enjoyed the beautiful way you have of capturing AXH amazing relationship. I dont know how you do it but your gift of writing about these two cant be compared..you are simply the best! :)
Scruff the Rat chapter 11 . 4/6/2014
Actually you were right not to have Helga get her hopes up all at once. There's no telling what the future holds for her and Arnold's "relationship", after all, even if we fans know better. ;)

Aside that note, the story had the classical craziness and humor we all knew and loved about Hey Arnold while staying original and interesting, with everybody remaining well in character (especially Curly and Helga) while adding believable characterization.

Congrats on another epic tale finished! You're on fire this year!
AmethystFlare3 chapter 11 . 4/6/2014
Glad to see this story finished :) It was worth the wait and I loved every moment of this story :)
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 11 . 4/6/2014