Reviews for The Awakening: The Revised Edition
talerano chapter 1 . 11/19
Lynnusxo chapter 50 . 6/29
I usually don't review stories, but this story was absolutely amazing. One of my favourites by far. I was on the edge of my seat at times and at other times my heart melted because it was so lovely and sweet. I really enjoyed this story and read it in 2 days, I wish this is how to saga went :)
SouthernRadiantSun chapter 17 . 2/18
I know this story is quiet old lol, but I have to ask, is Satine like the one from the moulin rouge? I know, weird question, but I can't help but wonder. ️
Divine Protector of Skyrim chapter 50 . 6/17/2014
this is one of few stories tjat i'be cried to outbof hundreds stories hat i have read. Thank you. ( :
LittleMissAbigail chapter 16 . 6/12/2014
Just wanted to throw out there that I am loving your story and it's killing me to find out where it's going. But I did notice something in this chapter that caused me to pause. Were Obi-Wan and Rex supposed to have escaped on a Krayt Dragon or a Varactyl? In Ep III, Obi-Wan rides Boga, the Varactyl (and my favorite canon creature), so I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be picturing her or a massive Krayt Dragon. Sorry if the question seems weird but I get stuck on imagery details...
bigtomato chapter 17 . 5/24/2014
Haha brilliant, Ahsoka's gonna be an old woman while her master is still a young 20 year old like Luke and Leia. :P
bigtomato chapter 5 . 5/24/2014
Muahaha i foresee Ahsoka's jealousy over Anakin and Padmé and her hatred for Sasha leading to some dark action and Dark Ahsoka!
Lord of The A.U. FanFiction chapter 8 . 5/19/2014
do you mind if I did a Character reading of this lovely story? I'll give you full credit of course.
ULTRA SONIC chapter 26 . 5/7/2013
U mad Palpatine? LOL!

Oh, what's wrong? Did your plan not go up in smoke? Well too bad, 'cause it's only gonna get worse from here on out.

To quote what Tony Stark said to Loki: "There is no throne, okay? There is no version of this where you come out on top."

The Old Republic may not have been saved, but with Anakin and Padme Skywalker out of their coma and together with their friends and family, they sure as hell will avenge it and build it anew.

I gotta say though, I almost expected Sidious to make like Al Capone and go, "I want Anakin Skywalker dead! You hear me! I want him dead! I want his family dead! I want his house burnt to the ground! I wanna go out at night and p*** on his ashes!"

Just chock full of great stuff; I never get tired of reading this story.
ULTRA SONIC chapter 50 . 1/29/2013
To say that this story is an epic one would be an understatement.

There's just so many great things about this story that I don't really know where to begin. The plots, the characterizations, everything just blends together that honestly, I prefer *THIS* over the six films. I mean, you know a fic is beyond awesome when you prefer it over the original material.

And honestly, if Sidious had foreseen Anakin betraying him in the future by turning back to the light, *this* is what he would have done: steal Anakin and Padme's firstborn and engineer him to be someone who knows *nothing* but the ways of the Sith. That way we the audience still get our Vader, and the twist-the-knife element with Vader being someone in the Skywalker family would also be there.

(If the Saga was to ever get a reboot, this fic is how I would want to see it done, exactly like this.)

What Vader said to Luke as they fought does bring up a topic that I don't think the movies ever really touched on (save fanfiction): That the Jedi did not even bother to update their system to adapt for the changing times. Instead, they still followed the same archiac code to the point that the thought of changing it would be force-blasphemy to the council elders (if that's even a word).
Yet, the Sith *adapted*, thus allowing them to remain undetected from even the most strongest of Force-adepts like Yoda. And the Jedi didn't even realize it until it was too late, and even then, they still chose to follow the same damn ancient code which had become useless to them. And in the classic trilogy, Yoda and Obi-Wan took on a mentality that Luke had to destroy Darth Vader and Sidious to restore balance, and that it didn't matter what Anakin's reasons were for going Sith, only that he went Sith, end of story, and the Jedi Oder were completely blameless. Honestly, knowing what I know now, I kind of want to wring both of those old farts' necks. Whether the remant Jedi were unable or unwilling to admit their own part in Sidious consolidating control and singlehandedly destroying so many lives (Anakin's, Padme's, and Padme's own family on a personal level) even towards the end...sometimes I wish Luke and Leia in regular canon knew the *whole* story just so they could see how things were and how narrow-minded the Jedi Order was as well as the corruption going on in the Senate. (I know as of late in the EU books they only have pieces of the entire puzzle, but not the whole thing)

Anakin bringing balance to the Force does not just involve defeating Sidious, but also revolutionizing the Jedi way of thinking. *THOSE* two things are what Anakin was meant to do, and while in regular canon he was only able to pull off the first part (thus redeeming himself), he did manage to entrust the second part to his and Padme's son Luke. But the great thing about this fic is that Anakin was able to do both, with his one true love and all their friends/extended family at his side.

And speaking of which, awesome job with having Ahsoka and Rex look after Leia and Luke respectively. It's very much in character with what they would have done anyway. And having Rex defy his programming was just amazing. Sometimes I wish I could draw just so I could do some fanart of Rex visiting Luke as the latter's growing up or Ahsoka looking after Leia.

And Leia shish-kabobing Clovis was also awesome. I only wish Clovis had turned around to see who had gutted him just so he could see Leia looking back at him with a look in her eye that says, "You had this coming, pal."

And nice touch with having Obi-Wan with Satine. Outside of the character Sabe, I don't think there could have been any other woman that could really be an equal to Obi-Wan but her. Plus, he came around to Anakin's way of thinking in regards to having a woman in one's life and as a Jedi (something that obviously got him in hot water with Mace and Yoda during this fic).

And Rex with Sola - who knew that pairing could work? I like it.

And bringing in new characters like Jaden Skywalker and Bella Skywalker was just great, plus seeing Han interact with them (namely Jaden) was just too awesome and really showed Solo's good heart.

Then, at the climactic fight between Anakin and Sidious, where Anakin goes pretty much Super Sayin* on Sidious made me imagine the song "The Touch" by Stan bush**.

And at last the final chapters with Vader and Sidious gone, Aiden restored back to his parents, Han proposing to Leia (although nice nod to the EU books with Hapes), Luke still being shy around women (despite everything he's gone through) and Anakin and Padme renewing their vows (but this time in front of their friends/family), there couldn't be a better ending for this story. Plus the final scene gives a sense of everything finally coming full circle and a well deserved happily ever after for our heroes (namely Anakin and Padme). One thing I always see with that scene is a shot of Anakin and Padme kissing in front of everyone, but then, in the top center, you see a flashback image of when Anakin and Padme first met back in Watto's shop, then I see the end credits roll.

In all, be proud of this story, because it took everything that made your original story great into a whole other level with this version.

May the force truly be with you, and let there be more Anakin/Padme fics down the road!
RomanticLover1 chapter 7 . 1/8/2013
I'm guessing that you're using parts of the TV cartoon 'The Clone Wars' for this one. I like it.
crimescenefreak chapter 50 . 1/2/2013
I don't normally review many stories but your story is by far one of the best I have ever read. You have kept me engaged and interested for three full days. That is not an easy task yet you accomplished it. You managed to still stay true to the original style and mature of the characters while still creation a whole new story. Bravo and well done. I cannot wait to read more of your work.
Diathimos chapter 50 . 10/10/2012
Woo hoo! Brilliant writing! It deserves a sequel I think. :D
RomanticLover1 chapter 50 . 7/17/2012
This was much better than the original. I loved how you added in the clone wars characters and expanded the story.
Heaven's Prayers chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Hello! I read this story when it first started coming out and I eagerly awaited each spactacular chapter, and I just wanted to say: thank you for blessing me with this heartwarming and enduring story.

May the horse be with you!