Reviews for The Gypsy and the Bear Jew
bunny chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
awww this story is so cute
Ephemeral Stream chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Where you ended was perfect. You dont say whether he lived or died even though we all know and for a moment you just get distract by his love. AWWWWWWW!
Evelette chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I loved this story. The relationship between the two was really plausible and it seemed real. I absolutely loved it! The only thoing I wish I could have seen, was what there reunion would have been like that would have been the icing on the cake but other than that I absolutely loved it!
Superdani4Ever chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
PERFECT!

And to me,he came home
JustDandy chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I'm amazed this story doesn't have more reviews.

Your writing flows beautifully and the emotion - you had my eyes watering as I read the last sentence. Maybe I'm just easily moved but you had me laughing, and awwing and angry and just completly sucked into the story.

*Smitty was clinging onto his every word – poor kid was probably still a virgin – and Omar was gaping like an idiot.*

That sentence in particular had me laughing out loud. Don't ask me why. I'm just weird.

And your characterization of Donny was spot on. (In my opinion anyway) You kept the edginess to him we all know and love while giving him a softer side and making it believable. Not an easy task, but you did it, and did it well. I believed he would sumit to Lena's every whim.

I bow to your greatness. And your awesome writing skills. Keep writing you're damn good at it.
rochemusique chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
"...playing baseball until his shirts bulged over the muscles in his arms. He would wear nothing more than a white, sleeveless undershirt in the summer, when the heat was stifling..."

I'm sure that picture will be reverberating in my head over and over again! Haha

Nice job. I love the pairing and how I could picture old Boston and the people there throughout the story.
emilyinthetaiga chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
well written, definitely a fun read

i like this a lot, and would enjoy other works of yours involving this character
Lady Buchanan chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Thank you for this; it was wonderful. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who characterizes Donny as Boston's somewhat idiotic lothario. It just makes so much sense given his portrayal in the movie. The world needs more Basterds-origin stories and yours was great. P.S. Not to be a creeper or anything, but I see from your profile that you are also an English Lit major and theater minor... are we the same person?
brokenwriter chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I'm not really one for one-shots that take place before the war, but I really liked this one. )

(Just putting it out there, you could totally make this into a full-length story if you wanted to. Lena is a great character and it wouldn't surprise me if she somehow found herself in Europe. But that's just a thought.)
birdofshade chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Very romantic, always good to see a strong female character who isn't butch! perfect combination of femininity and strength with Lena's role.

Nicely done.
ohwsefjbwal chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Wow I absolutely loved this! Awesome job!
truelove221 chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
wow i really liked this! it was really cute and very well written. are you planning on continuing it or just having it be a one-shot? if you continue, i'll be happy but if its just a one chapter one it's all good because it was still great! good job :)