Reviews for Dusters
PartyPat22 chapter 31 . 5/9
Bravo, sir. This was a fantastic story. You had a fair amount of typos and such, but well written overall. You should think about fleshing this out in a non-Fallout way and publishing it as a full-fledged novel. I wasn't too much of a fan of only two original groups being in New York City (The Wall & The House). With an original location, you should attempt to make more of your own factions and such. As a huge lore nerd, I must say that if the Iron Storm unit were elites, they would hold the rank of Paladin, as Paladin was originally a combat-oriented caste of sorts and later evolved into an elite role away from the West Coast. I would recommend having the romantic interest mentioned more before killing her off, so that it has a decent impact on the reader. I think one of the funniest lines in the whole story was the reveal that Sven simply had a concussion.
SouthernBlueLion chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
Only on chapter 4 but I love it and have been inspired to make "slightly psycotic" Sven on fallout 3
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
That's an interesting start to the beginning of your fic. Kinda makes me think of kind of narration like in Fallout.
JohnDoe1396 chapter 31 . 5/18/2013
I found this on here thinking it would be a good way to pass time but once i started reading i literally could not stop! You are an amazing author
bobshady chapter 5 . 6/28/2012
i love this story and the rest of the series. can you write more about a courier who supports the legion? most of them are about a courier who support the ncr or house. all well and good but it gets old.
Russianbear0027 chapter 31 . 2/5/2012
That was brilliant! I nearly cried. Well, it's hard to make more thorough comments on a mobile device, so suffice it to say that I'm definitely sticking around for your other writings.
Jakyll chapter 31 . 11/26/2011
An amazing story, from beginning to end. You had me reading this thing from one end to the other with little to no time inbetween. I spent hours reading this into the morning and I do not regret it. I may have missed a few things thanks to sleep deprivation as I type this, don't hold me 100% accountable.

On the criticism side:

I felt that some more detail could have been given to the characters. Story-wise, superb, but actual physical descriptions and personalities were lost in translation to me. I could rely on the characters each having one or two quirks, but that doesn't make them full-fledged individuals. The personal stories made up for this.

You did character humor well, I found myself getting a few good and honest laughs between the Brotherhood of Steel's Knight Rufus and his Initiate. The humor between these characters and your main characters was different, and I feel that this hurt and helped you.

There were parts of this that were poetic and amazing with, the action-orientated bits were also good. These two would've been even greater mixed together a few more times.

The character stories added some needed depth to each of the characters, especially Sven. His comic relief role was a bit overplayed but that can be remedied by mixing it up a little. A good way to fix this would be adding in more tidbits like his 'conversations' with Galatius, followed up by Kail. That added some fresh humor to him.

All in all, amazing story. I'm going to go to sleep now. Wake up. And start on your sequel.
Billy Bob 2010 chapter 3 . 11/5/2011
nice, very nice. Good job till next time peace out and thanks for the good read
Billy Bob 2010 chapter 2 . 11/2/2011
Great job. Till next time peace out and thanks
Billy Bob 2010 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Ah very nice, very nice indeed. But only if it started with WAR, WAR NEVER CHANGES. AH but you did a good job setting the mood none the less. So till next time peace out. Can't wait till FALLOUT 4. Cause New Vegas is to dam buggy, so buggy it killed my PS3 first time i played it, NO LIE. and it was a disappointment.
BeGodlyBeLynn chapter 31 . 2/26/2011
Oh lawdy. That was amazing. I am still grinning like a fool.

Love everything about the writing, from the little snippets from religious works at the beginning to the well-rounded characters to the plot and the imagery, OMG the imagery XD. You tell it like it is, and you paint the Wasteland so well. I especially loved how your characters may have been Regulators, but they all had different motives and none of them were perfect, not even close. It reminds us how were soo not perfect either. Great work by you, and I'm going to indulge in your other works of genius. :D
BeGodlyBeLynn chapter 2 . 2/24/2011
Found this story through the Arlington Archives community and I must say, I'm intrigued. This is a very realistic and well-written portrait of the post-nuclear wasteland. Kay, shutting up now, to keep on reading :)
Fulcrum-2 chapter 31 . 2/9/2011
That...that was just beautiful. That is all. On to the next one!
Fulcrum-2 chapter 16 . 2/7/2011
I usually wait till the end of a story to review it, but after that last chapter, I don't think there's anything you can do to to change my opinion of this story: pure, unadulterated AWESOME. Its rare to come across quality writing like this. I swear, its the possibility of stumbling across something like this that keeps me happily in love with this site. You've done the rarest, most difficult thing a fanfiction author can do. You've taken a setting, absorbed it, and produced something brilliant and original. The characters, the setting, the emotion, everything just works. It fits into the universe perfectly. I could easily picture this as an expansion to the game and the world of fallout. I cant wait to take in the rest of this story!
SomeGuyOverHere chapter 31 . 12/5/2010