Reviews for Things Never Said
casammy chapter 5 . 8/27/2011
Definitively sammy is strong and a good hunter but not without dean, without dean sammy it gets lost and dies every day, dean did not know that sammy feels like he and definitively I hate with everything the soul to this ruby's bitch, pity dean did not kill her before being able to come, manipulate and dirty his sammy
driver picks the music chapter 5 . 2/11/2010
I don't know if you're planing to do anymore with this story, but I really liked what you've done so far. So I hope you pms!
Meggin Lane chapter 5 . 12/30/2009
You know what is great about his story of yours? The way it points out that no one ever really sees themselves as other see them.

This was illustrated well in that scene in the show too, when Sam and Dean were holed up in the motel room and Sam had that conversation with Dean about how as a child he had looked up to him and wanted to be just like him. But what were the qualities that Sam really saw in his big brother? His bravery? His compassion? his self sacrifice? Or had he only picked up on his stubborness, recklessness and singlemindedness to get the job done?

Sometimes we see what we want to see, because of who we are and what we need...instead of what is really there. And your story gave Sam that clearer sight of hind sight. And by Dean's words showed him a man he never new was there.

Very good indeed!
sqky0o7 chapter 5 . 12/30/2009
Ugh, this chapter brought tears to my eyes... Great job. I need a tissue! :]
Nash Carter chapter 5 . 12/30/2009
the part where sam said he was trying to be more like dean? always bothered me. because what sam was doing was nothing like dean.

you captured the emotions perfectly. great chapter, thanks for updating!
wcfan chapter 5 . 12/29/2009
OF COURSE HE'LL BE DISAPPOINTED IN YOU! ALL HE EVER DOES IS TRY TO SAVE YOU AND THE MINUTE HE'S GONE, YOU DESTROY THAT!

I'm calm. I'm fine. He can destroy himself if he wants. It's his fictional life. He can do whatever he wants with it.
clair beaubien chapter 5 . 12/29/2009
Hey - I didn't get the alert for this in my mailbox! What gives?

Poor Sam. My Poor Sammy! Just *thinking* about how he feels reading Dean's journal breaks my heart.

CB
DeanIsTheMan chapter 4 . 11/29/2009
Intense and poor Sammy, poor Dean...
Noninone chapter 4 . 11/28/2009
Man, that birthday sucks!
FictionFan123 chapter 4 . 11/28/2009
I can see that I'm going to be starting my days crying along with Sam every time a new chapter is posted. Obviously a glutton for punishment, I am enjoying this story immensely. I can't wait for the next chapter and I'm hoping it ends with Dean "topside" so I can stop crying.
Meggin Lane chapter 4 . 11/28/2009
Damn I hadn't picked up on that staceycj, the fact that Sam had died on his 23rd birthday and that because of Dean's Deal was forced to commemorate his brothers death that same day exactly one year later!

What is it with this show that makes such connections to important events and birthdays in the Winchester clan? Their mom died on November 1st and that was also the same day that Sam killed Lilith and set Lucifer free.

Makes me wonder why they haven't made some significant tie in with the exact day Dean broke and shed blood in hell breaking the first seal or significance of the day that Dean was resurrected from hell-do we even know what day that was apart from 4 months after Sam's 24th birthday?

But aside from those speculations I love how you have created a vehicle, by the use of this journal for Sam to really get to see into Dean's character in a deeper way than he would have otherwise since brothers never talk-not about their feelings and girly shit like that (LOL)

Seeing Dean as a feeling caring brother, who despite his 'no regrets' stance on the Deal he made, had deep sorrow for the way the last year is playing out for Sam. Dean can express through the journal his own loss of connection as Sam shuts him out in futile pursuit of a way out, and spends all their last year together burning up the time Dean hoped they spend hangin' out over a couple of beers having as much fun crammed in one year that they could. And realizes too late it was a short sighted pipe dream born out of desperation and not recognizing that the Hunter in Sam would use all his training to search for a way to save him instead of accept his fate and swallow his grief for after and enjoy the time they have now.

Very poignant, so very Dean.
wcfan chapter 4 . 11/28/2009
Oh. So he thought that just leaving and then being ripped apart by hellhounds would have been easier on Sam? Has he ever thought about what would have happened to Sam if he did? I'm sure he remembered what happened when Sam went missing. Doesn't Dean think that Sam would have done the same thing? Doesn't he think that some demon would mock Sam about his brother being in hell? What would he think then? His brother didn't even give him chance for hope.

Sigh. Wouldn't work anyway. He did say that Sam is smart. He would know that something is wrong when Dean would insist on celebrating Christmas. And, you know, acting like there's no tomorrow!
Nash Carter chapter 4 . 11/28/2009
another awesome chapter. i can so see and hear it all in my head. you do great work, can't wait to read more! always great to have a story alert with your name on it in my inbox first thing in the morning!
sqky0o7 chapter 3 . 11/26/2009
So good! I love Dean's journal entries... It's awesome how you have really pinned down his character and he hasn't been physically in the story yet.

"Sam had cried so much in the last several days that his skin was raw and when the new set of salt tears rolled down his face they burned."

My favorite line - written very well obviously, since it made me so sad! Keep it up!
Noninone chapter 3 . 11/25/2009