Reviews for Non Sequitur
dmichelle312 chapter 1 . 2/4
"A nostalgic smile stole over Jarlaxle's face. 'I had a niece that I taught to throw dagger. She was an adventurous little thing. She liked to meet me me in taverns and swagger with the rest of the rogues.'"

Liriel! She's a great character. Her epic adventures and the feats she accomplished are worth of being passed down through legends, he'd be proud of her. :)

By the way, did you know that some idiots said on the Internet that he deflowered his niece? The lying pieces of shit. Jarlaxle is not the kind of guy who would take advantage of a woman or sexually assault her (he proved that when Catti-Brie was a prisoner in Menzoberranzan). He'd never do that, so he certainly wouldn't stoop so low as to bang his own niece. It seems that some idiots don't have anything better to do with their time than post non-sense stuff on some forums. Some of them go to any length to slander and malign Jarlaxle, with false and half true claims. Two of them even went so far as to say that it was confirmed by an original FR novel author (but they didn't mention that original FR novel author by name, and that's one more thing that serves to prove that it's a made-up claim or some stupid rumor). And even if an original FR novel author had "confirmed" it, I wouldn't believe a word of it. That author (Cunningham or any of the other ones) would be a lying piece of shit, and I ain't buying it. The idiots who say that or believe that about Jarlaxle don't know the first damn thing about him. They make me so angry. Also there are some sexist and misandrist people out there who love nothing better than to stereotype and slander males, and paint them all as natural perverts, pedophiles, potential sex offenders, and violent beasts (also I know some women who called their own husbands perverts for simply wanting sex more often than the women do, and they need to realize how messed up that view is), those sexist, misandrist people are degrading and damaging the image of men and it is ultimately harmful to both men and women.

What is also degrading, damaging and harmful is the fact that most people don't even seem to realize that males are just as objectified and sexualized in the media as females are, they suffer just as much as a result of that as females do, and it's even worse for the males because females are portrayed as desirable objects while males are portrayed as disposable objects. Also, there are TV cartoons (and not only movies) that totally degrade the image of men and brainwash children into misandry and male stereotypes, cartoons like Family Guy and The Simpsons, cartoons in which men are potrayed as ugly, obese, drunkhead, stupid, immature, pervert, pretty much worthless, etc. Sometimes I worry about what my kid niece and nephew might be exposed to when they watch TV. I personally believe that both objectification of women and objectification of men are wrong; both men and women deserve to be loved and treated as human beings not as objects, men and women are equal and both deserve attention in issues.

(Boys and men have it hard in life too):

www. youtube watch?vwbWMX5qvVYc

www. youtube watch?v_ev-qsYyhFE

www. youtube watch?vP2stw4oMix0

www. youtube watch?vAgO_FhAI-_g
Ariel D chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Jarmaxil... That's hilarious! So is Entreri's image of Jarlaxle's daughter standing on top of a pile of gold coins.
Yulandia chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
I like it! I like the complete turn-around of Jarlaxle's opinion of having a daughter. It definitely does him good to have a friend in Artemis. You do them so well! :D
Tzigany chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
xD Damn, it's cute.
Rat-Man chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Definately interesting. Definately has possibilities. And a nice little story.
Musingsage chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
That actually fits with their characters. Of course, for Artemis under the ice cold surface.
jarltreri chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
You must be tired of me gushing over your perfect characterization by now. Here's to loveley drabbles that perfectly summarize the jarlaxle/artemis chemistry!
Gimme-a-Hand-Scaevola chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
That was cute. I have always thought that one of the two of them with a daughter would be adorable, especially Artemis, he would try so hard not to be cute though! I do enjoy these little snippets of Artemis and Jarlaxle just talking, more of them should have happened in cannon. Thanks.
RonCN chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I love it. Jarlaxle and Entreri talking nonsense are just great.

Then again, there was something kind of scary about the sight of Jarlaxle's daughter stading over a pile of gold... ;)

Great job, as always!
thesavorofpan chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
What a random subject to talk about.
Lady Tragic chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Adorable. Now I'm quite fond of the notion that the only female to have Jarlaxle absolutely *licked* would be his daughter. The mother, he'd like well enough, but no more than the other (N/D x A)* women he's gotten cozy with. The girl, though? She'd be a terror.

*Where N is the percentage of nights not spent out in the open, D is the average number of days per adventure, and A is the number of adventures.