Reviews for Journal Entry 234: Death Isn't What You Think
Drizzt chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Doesn't sound like me
Immortal Bubblewrap chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Bahahaha this Drizzt is entertaining XD

I seriously would've loved to read more! I guess I like R. A. Salvatore's Drizzt AND your Drizzt :)

Anyways, yeah this was hilarious.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
That's hilarious! I love parody when it is done well.

"And I don't sound mentally retarded unless I have to."

Loved it.
Yulandia chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Different style indeed. That was... Very readable. No poetic attempts to wax eloquent (lol ooo watch me go!), no fancy speech that makes my eyes immediately gloss/glaze over text no matter how much I resist (or re-read the passage). Just simple inner dialog. Actually I think it had the effect of making his final thoughts seem more clear to himself and to me. Certainly more emotion is there. So I wonder how much can we attribute that extra clarity to writing style? With this style we catch the nuances and jabs that don't exist for most of us when dialog is not written in the same way that we think. Granted it helps the story maintain its "otherworldliness", but something is lost along the way between author and reader. Like a 4th year Russian student trying to read Tolstoy. I've never really thought about that before.

Poor Artemis... did Drizzt really think he was that pathetic?

*sad face*

I always wondered what would have happened if Artemis had thought to stop him from dying by using his dagger. Would he really trade places? Hmm.

Your last line was funny!

"I want to tell him that he owes me an Uncle Zak hug, but he wouldn't get it anyway and I don't sound mentally retarded unless I have to."

LOL :)
Rat-Man chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Helious! (I mean funny, but darnitt, i can't spell!). Drizzt's musings were funny.
BluePhoenix21 chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
"and he's jealous, because I'm hogging it all"

"I want to at least flash him a rude gesture"

LMAO! Now, THIS Drizzt i would like to meet! A nice new option for our favorite hero...
RonCN chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Hilarious.

And the theory you state on your A/N proves to be correct. I wouldnt mind reading a fanfic about *this* Drizzt.

Have one coming up soon? :P

Thanks for sharing!
Oroburos69 chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
This is so much more readable. And kudos on showing Drizzt for how immature he is. (It's cute, he reads like a kid not like a seventy year old man who's main hobby is reading philosophy textbooks he doesn't understand).

Weirdly angsty too. I like it!
Lola Witherbottoms chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Wow. I loved this one, especially the last line-almost like a little kid being defiant or something. Or at least, that's what I thought of... Another awesome story!

Love,

Lola
Lady Tragic chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Oh, nice! I think it may swing far enough in the other direction that it wouldn't sound like it belonged in canon, but I definitely like it better than slogging through what he actually writes. (Though I suppose that purple prose is an innate right when writing a journal, it should be avoided when other people have to read it.)

Also, "I don’t sound mentally retarded unless I have to." made me snicker way more than it should have.

Tragic