Reviews for Spider Husbandry
beatlesfan931 chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Just gotta say, this was really entertaining. My girlfriend has two tarantulas (one of which is poisonous and very fast), and it's my job to take care of them while she's away for three months. But yes, the story was well-written and very funny, it's great imaging Kanji trying to resolve a situation like this. Great job!
darkdragonalucard chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
i can see this as a series pf drabbles.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Just found this gem today! Absolutely cute and heart-warming. I love the interactions between the characters, and the fact that you kept them in character. Your writing is engaging and as an added bonus, free of grammar and spelling mistakes :) Definitely a favourite!
Trench Kamen chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Excellent use of Kanji's voice. This is a cute story, very cozy and domestic.
Arrancarzors chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Pure cuteness! Kanji would be the sweetest lil' husband- I can totally see him going to these extremes. I loved the introduction of the spider- though I must say, I WAS hoping/expecting Niizawa to get ambushed and covered in barbed hairs...

Great idea and great delivery! Fav'd!
Extra Gone chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Another good read. Kanji and Naoto are very spot-on, especially how they've matured into a man and woman. No longer are they boy and girl. Love how Kanji's house-husbandry ends up in a day of him trying to catch Naoto's pet tarantula, and how he adores his new wife.

Oh Niikawa~ not only are you a fool, but blushing? Someone has a foot fetish. D

Webster top-tier spider. But don't tell that to Kanji!
AliceTheHunted chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Oh wow I liked this way to much :D
Sepsis chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
That was perfect! :)
sunloathe chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Haha, I actually read this a long while ago, but I must have forgotten to save it to my favourites. Anyways, this story is so cute! I adore the spot-on characterisation and dynamic between Kanji and Naoto now that they're older and married, and you've made that relationship between them entirely believable.

Also, "He cleared his throat, attention shifting from Kanji's nose stud and scar to his oven mitts." xD, terrific!
Ikasury chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
cause nothing says 'cool' like a punk that bakes you coffee cake when you wake up...

and a pink and black tarantula? ya know, that seems oddly appropriate...

i loved all the little throw ins about Naoto being childish in her own home, and Kanji doing all his girly things in absolute comfort, especially how they both just find it normal and do things to help each other with those oddities, Naoto getting a 'Pink Fuzzy' spider, Kanji baking her coffee cake and letting her sleep it...

its so adorable... i can definitely see this happening .

till next *salute-waves* Sayounara!

-Ikasury
psychedelic aya chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Also very cute. I'm really impressed you've got Kanji's characterization so well. Good job!
Yukina-Raven chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
This was really, really enjoyable. Your attention to detail was quite good and I'm rather envious of it. It felt very real! And I was happy to be able to read it and not shudder at the thought of the spider. ;) Great job!
Ainmosni chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
This is quite possibly my favorite Kanji story ever. I love the way you've refined his character from a young teen to a mature young adult. He retains his overall personality from the game, but it's clear that he has grown as a person. The same goes for Naoto. Even though she's only in the story for brief snipits, when you show her character it matches what Naoto as an adult would be.

I love the scene with the mystery books tackling that bastard Niikawa! "The Village of Eight Graves, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, and The Hound of the Baskervilles each tumbled onto his face." Just pure literary-slapstick gold.

I really enjoyed this story very much. If you feel like writing more Kanji x Naoto stuff, I think you should go for it. You've really go their character's down. Good work.

-Ainmosni

Favorite Author

Favorite Story
Shinomiya Kaede chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Good story :D

and how Kanji loves Naoto, good details about his feelings and thoughts, and I loved how Kanji feels both love and fear for his own wife, while in my opinion, Naoto is not that scary (or maybe she WAS dangerous for some condition)

Overall, very enjoyable to read, I love it! xD
zero-damage chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
(Better late than never?)

Awesome Kanji voice. You keep improving with him and this is the best yet. The short lines, off-hand comments, word choice etc. Characterization is rock solid, too, for both him and Naoto.

Particularly liked the Kanji-Naoto dynamic here. Great work capturing the shift that comes with an established relationship. Kanji as a tough yet slightly neurotic house-husband works really well. Naoto's still Naoto (putting a ring on her finger shouldn't cause a personality overhaul), but there are enough neat little moments to give the feel of a close relationship.

The story itself was hilarious. Listing off all the lines and details I liked would mean transcribing the whole thing, more or less - but the style was great. Loved Kanji trying his best to deal with Webster - also the ending. If you can't hit it, replicate it in stuffed toy form.

No criticisms. Great job all round :)