Reviews for A Phoenix Does Not Fear Ashes
Helen Nguyen2 chapter 28 . 8/16
How can you do this…THE STORY IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I HAVE NEVER READ ANY STORY AS BRILLIANT AD THIS!
Hoohp121718 chapter 1 . 12/13/2020
I love the first chapter, very captivating!
Guest chapter 28 . 3/4/2018
Just Kill yourself for thar atrocitie of a story you dumb Fangirl Cunt
Guest chapter 28 . 2/7/2018
Look, little Girl, what you are doing here is disgusting. You Portrai the Ferret as a glorious Hero and Harry as a stupid Asshole becaus you yourself identify, for reasons that alludes me, with Ginny and you yourself have a crush on Felton (Not Malfoy, Felton).
And just because the actor that portrais Malfoy in the movies is handsome you make Malfoy the Hero, you are glorifying the magical Verson of a Nazi because you thing he looks good.
If you want to do a good thing in your life, just once, delete this story.
You can continue writing if you want, you are not even that bad, but stop glorifying Racists and please Stop that nonsense, that only handsome people are good people.
Malfoy for example is a piece of shit.
Guest chapter 28 . 2/7/2018
Bullshit by some dumb Fangirl with a crush on Felton.
Guest chapter 28 . 7/9/2017
Another piece of shit from an idiotic fangirl
KashIsle chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
I have yet to write/comment on a story that I'm not too fond off, but here it goes: I was intrigued by the plot, but the plot disappears half through the story. I highly doubt victims of rape suddenly fall in love and are ready to heal after 2 months or even years. Yet after a year we have a courageous, in love Ginny expose herself to the very group that raped her. Nope I can't believe that even its for the greater good and for her "savior" to not believe her for a moment towards the end for another subplot, nope not buying it. Your summary should change to how Draco overcame his suffering, sacrifice, bullying notions and became part of changing the wizarding world for the better. Ginny here could have been assaulted but not raped, there is a huge psychological difference. I agree with the guest review of your writing style.
Analadybug chapter 28 . 7/29/2015
Great story
Guest chapter 28 . 8/1/2014
You're a good writer with a LOT of potential - that's the only reason I ever bother with reviews, especially for older stories. You might not check your reviews anymore, or your writing might've improved so much since finishing this that this review is completely pointless. But I wanted to make you aware of some of the things I noticed that you could easily improve on, just in case.

You should be sure to separate scenes with a line or something so you don't confuse the reader. You started doing that in the last few chapters, but the rest are just a blur of mixed scenes that the reader has to figure out. It would also be a good idea to put dream sequences and memories in italics. Also, try to refrain from making insanely long paragraphs. I noticed you had a few that took up the entire screen - that's an easy way to lose readers, especially if it happens toward the beginning of a story, before they're properly invested.

You used "mercury" to describe Draco's eyes 57 times throughout the story - 10 times in ONE chapter! You don't need to describe them every single time you mention them. Descriptions are meant to add to the story, but if you throw in too many it's more likely to distract the reader.

You tend to have a problem with little plot holes. For example, you claim Ginny is this amazing healer, but in the final battle she does absolutely nothing to even try to heal any of Draco's wounds. It would make sense if she was too panicked to react properly, but if that's what you meant to happen you didn't communicate it effectively - at least not for me.

The whole thing with Blaise was a little weird to me. The way Draco felt that of COURSE he should've known the attack on the Order was coming because Blaise told him through the constant rain was really weird.

I LOVED the line you had in chapter 27 where Dumbledore says something about ending the war while finishing a chess game - the symbolism was beautiful and perfect.

Overall this was an incredible story with a great plot and exceptionally well written compared to the vast amount of stories on this site. I think the main thing you should work on that would really vastly improve your writing is finding the balance between too much and not enough imagery.
Gypsy Dreamcatcher chapter 28 . 5/5/2014
This story is one of the best I've read in a long while. It was so well written and had an amazing plot line that was constantly dragging the reader around new twists and turns that were truly unexpected. You had me laughing, crying, and constantly clicking to the next chapter. I was captivated by the way you portrayed Draco and Ginny. A truly phenomenal job!
Gypsy
DobbyWinky chapter 28 . 4/29/2014
great story :)
Guest chapter 28 . 9/8/2013
That was such an amazing story! Great job atty keeping the plot moving, the characters interesting, and keeping me interested!
Kat-Knife chapter 3 . 8/12/2013
Great chapter! I quite liked the fact that Draco was so sarcastic even under Veristatum. :)
Kat-Knife chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
Poor Draco, this is just not his day is it? Having to join the feared Order, where he probably will not be welcomed by his classmates.
Kat-Knife chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Wow, I really like the prologue and the summary of this story. I've never read something quite like this so I'm excited to see what happens! :)