Reviews for Love was a Fire Escape
Fandoms-Are-For-Life chapter 3 . 4/24
I love the Mockingjay and Katniss not the same thing stuff. I thought I was the only person who thought like that.
Belle453 chapter 3 . 10/7/2014
Wow...this is a gem. I love that they can argue, talk, joke, be happy and make love for the first time all while being them. I also love Madge with a gun taking a shot at the Capitol "soldiers"...go girl!

Thank you very much for writing this. You have no idea how happy you made all the gadge fans to have something from you.

We, at GFR, are especially thankful to you for everything you did for us. I hope you find more snippets to publish...:)
Belle453 chapter 2 . 10/7/2014
I love when Madge initiates the first kiss. I really hope Gale is over Katniss already...I'm over him thinking he's in love with her...;)
Belle453 chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
I have no idea how I've missed this. I thought I'd read everything written by you. This is amazing, as always. I love when Madge doesn't back down to Gale...that's how I see her in my head too. Dinner should be "interesting."

I wish something had been done in the books about the morphling...but in my head Gale does find out about it but after he's already fallen in love with her.
Mercenary63 chapter 3 . 10/4/2014
So excited you are back to Gadge! Thank you for this chapter. And I hope to see the story of how they actually got together, you know, it's been 5 years ;) I bet a lot of things happened :)
DamnDonnerGirls chapter 3 . 10/4/2014
Captain of our ship! I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for this update, and for your "why Gadge?" essay on Tumblr.

Tough Madge is amazing, as is the way you've paced this chapter: fast, almost staccato in the beginning while they're in the thick of fighting, and then slowing down, becoming languid when they start to make love. I adored the classic Gadge conflict, how their argument was really about several things, and how emotionally charged it all was. I liked Madge's distinction between Katniss and the Mockingjay, and it broke my heart to read that "life didn't work backward". I melted when Gale mentioned that it had been five years, and when he thought of Madge as the girl who kept him human.

And, of course, I squealed in delight when Gale said "hell's teeth". We all use it now—just another of your many, many lasting influences on the Gadge ship and the HG fandom—but WOW, it feels so good to read it from you again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Dendroica chapter 3 . 10/3/2014
Love it! :) What a great surprise for Gadge Day! :) THANK YOU for writing this!
Solaryllis chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
YES, "Hell's Teeth" was in here!

I can see your Katniss bitterness showing through here. ;) I think the Katniss/Gale deterioration is totally plausible in this situation five years later under constant war conditions (and where presumably Prim is a beautiful, vibrant 17 year old as opposed to what SC did to her). I also like that Gale would choose Madge over more fighting, and best of all that they got to "reconnect" in that empty cabin!

So good to see your Gadge writing again! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
Thank you for posting this! It was the best Gadge Day present :)
Hawtsee chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
Thank you for posting this, it's wonderful to have something new to read from you. And a huge thanks for posting your fic five years ago and setting the Gadge ship afloat.
EStrunk chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
Interesting view of Katniss. I like their miscommunication. I loved watching Madge's angry thoughts calm down, first to realizing that she was partially at fault, then to recognizing the real reasons she was mad, finally to the fear that was there for both of them.
bubblesodatea chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
lfadka I think I just melted.
Love was a Fire Escape was the first Gadge fic I found. (Although when I first found it, it was only a chapter long.) It's really amazing to see the progression of your writing in just three chapters, especially with the shift in POV's and how you write Madge. Is it just me, or is she a bit tougher in this chapter? In the good way, of course. The BAMF way.
Congratulations on the five year anniversary of sailing the ship that would destroy/reinvent my life for the better.
panterca chapter 2 . 1/27/2014
Will update?)
beginners chapter 2 . 10/6/2013
star trek reference ! this fic left me yearning for more, i love post-war/D13 fics
eskimogirl15 chapter 2 . 7/29/2013
Please please please please update!