Reviews for Black Phoenix
dmt chapter 1 . 8/2
dark chocolate naughty yet sweet good story 8/10
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 7/17
Both touching, and depressing, all at onceā€¦
TheMonitor1079 chapter 1 . 7/5
I... enjoyed this. Not a huge fan of the end, or how quickly Harry got over Anna and 'Ginny'.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 4/20
A great story. Both painful and glorious at the same time. And a very nice starting point to deviate from the canon events... a good reason for Harry to drop everything and vanish into nothingness.

The one bit I'm slightly disappointed by is that while I can understand the reasoning for starting where you did and for basically jumping all around the two family members Harry lost, it still feels as if that turns them pretty unimportant and meaningless to the story at large... We do know as good as nothing about "Anna" or "Virginia" and that means that losing them is just an afterthought to all the known characters from the stories being killed off in absentia... a trigger that stays strangely insubstantial through all the events, even in the judgement "plane" their presence is barely felt.

Other than that... great conflict and amazing emotional growth to your protagonist, very moving and empathetic for the reader. And with the amount of tragedy involved in everybody's experience for these few short years, it gracefully avoids the "First they came for the..." phenomenon where the good guys stand aside absolutely inactive to the atrocities until they themselves get targeted... here all the people we know SHOULD be fighting did fight... most of them badly and to the death, but they did not let it happen with closed eyes and fingers in their ears. In the same vein the ending was perfect... Harry not just going the easy way and breaking everybody's heart by being the last victim of the war, but still vanishing and leaving the shadow of death and murder behind... well, maybe perfect is the wrong word for that little bailout, but it is fitting and the grimness of the story NEEDED a little happy ending attached.

After all... dying a thousand times and more... what a judgment.
If the end was not Ginny Harry it was been good, alas it is not. Regular story with a bad end.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2016
For some reason this story wasn't yet part of my favourites.. let's remedy that! This is at least the third time I've read it.
old-crow chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Hi,

This is a well-crafted tale. I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for sharing it with us,

Old-Crow
SM87 chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
Very good story. Always fun to read a more vicious Harry.
ex-ellent chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
Well ... the Ginny ending killed it for me -.- ...

But nice story!
Foxy Engineer chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
This was... Different... It is hard to tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I did enjoy it overall though. This fic made me think and at the end of the day that is all I can really say.
Hobbyfarmer chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
For a somewhat dark fic. THIS WAS GREAT. Excellent job.
Murkatroyd chapter 1 . 5/10/2015
This was quite the story. I'm not sure how I've gone so long without finding it.
dancesontrains chapter 1 . 2/3/2015
Oh wow.
ak chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
bonne fic!
Aethinair chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Finally a story that shows Harry with balls. I never understood why no one truly left the UK when Voldy took over. Even Neville stayed at Hogwarts instead of going into hiding and starting a guerrilla warfare.

Harry should have ordered Kreacher to steal some nice explosives and then ordered Kreacher to activate it in Hogwarts. Blowing up the school and the students.