Reviews for White is in the Winter Night
LeonaWriter chapter 14 . 5/26/2011
This was actually a rather good read - if it weren't for just a couple of things, it could have been even better.

First being that Ryou tends to come across as... frankly, a bit of a girl. He's got the potential to be strong, but I can't honestly think of him 'wailing', which he did do a few times.

Yugi and the others could do with being a tiny bit less suspicious - remembering that Yugi's the one who goes on about trusting his friends to do what's right.

Only other thing? Call it a personal bug, but it's the *names*. It feels kind of weird having Ryou always being referred by his last name - it would make sense if it was just people who don't know him so well, or his friends, but the Spirit and the narration don't need to keep to social conventions. 'Yami' Suchandsuch is... best I can think of is a title - one that can get confusing, since fandom refers to the other Yugi as 'Yami' as well. And the Item bearers don't actually refer to them as 'Yami' in the manga, or (I don't think) in the anime. It's usually just 'the spirit of the [...]', or 'the other [...]'.

I'm probably being annoying by reviewing and critiquing an old story like this, but I LIKED the overall idea, and thought that it could have been done a lot better than it was, not taking all that much effort. :D
BlueSpiritFire1 chapter 8 . 3/5/2011
I'm re-reading this and, although i never forgot, I'm remembering why this is the one fic that i always remember. It's one of those ones where when i see the name is think 'Maybe i should read that again...' and i will occasinally re-read a chapter. I have to stop myself there otherwise I'll read the whole lot again (which I am currently doing).

I will NEVER get bored with this fic/storyline/Infinity items/ Pendulum Swings/timeline.

EVER O_O

i burst out laughing everytime you describe TKB's eating habits. I do beleive that you have captured each and every character perfectly! Well, certainly closer than any other writing i've come across. I like the fact that you used almost every dub name, save Rishid (which suits just fine), because although i know the japanese names, i feel more comfortable reading with the english ones.

I admire your works and i'm surprised, but at the same time not, at how many times your stories appear in my favs list, which is 300 fics long *ehehheh...* Apart from that, they're always the ones i remember the most, having the most memorable (and unique) plot-lines and writing techniques.

You are one of the few writers that i look up to and aspire to be like, on par with most novel-selling authors.

Please continue your brilliant work with this Infinity Item plot soon and update Burning Starfire when able. Really loving this series so far. I wish it could be turned into an anime as a continuation of Yugioh. Would be better than GX, 5D's or this freaky Zexal series i'm hearing about v.v ANYWAY! Keep up the fantastic work!

BlueSpiritFire

*sweatdrops* eh, i sound like a stalker or something o_e
Rehema chapter 10 . 12/30/2010

Um, a few things:

"And wonderfully too

is missing the second set of quotations... and it looks like it was supposed to be part of something but got cut off.

"...trenchcoat flairing..."-I think it should be "flaring"...?

If you're trying to make the long dash mark-you know that on Microsoft Word the program automatically connects two hyphens into one long dash line if the two hyphens are placed together between letters, right?

"e-r": the - would become one line...
Rehema chapter 9 . 12/30/2010
I think I already said that I thought TKB would be a Scrooge, right? I think so... "Bah!" :)

I really must say, I love how you've fleshed out Duke's character. It's such an insightful interpretation.

You know, the role of Duke is, I think, open on the forum "YuGiOh: You've Got Questions, We've Got Answers." I think you should really consider trying out for it.

Btw, not to be nit-picky, but it looks to me like the word "grumped" is used a lot in relation to YB. Maybe a little change...?

Still love the story! :)

-R
Rehema chapter 8 . 12/19/2010
Hey... if I may offer a suggestion for a story, maybe you could write a short humor fic as a part of your "Pendulum Swings" verse in which the Thief King does get a cell phone and has a heck of a time figuring out how to work it. :)
Rehema chapter 6 . 12/17/2010
Shouldn't "Rishid" be "Odion," to match up with the fact that everyone else's names are of the English dub?

Wait, have I said that before? -_-

Anyhow, this is the SECOND time I'm reading this story!
bezthegeek chapter 14 . 10/28/2010
That was gory, twisted, and downright messed UP.

...Yet one of the best fics I've ever read.
teamLNMM chapter 14 . 8/24/2010
You are an amazing author! This is the best Yugioh story I've ever read and a personal favorite. It had a perfect plot, wonderful writing, and story. It had me on edge most of the time! I was always afraid the 'White Death' was just going to pop out of nowhere. . . and when he did, I would truly be scared. I haven't read many stories that give me that cold blooded feeling of nervousness and terror.

One of my favorite things about the overall story, was the relationship between Ryou and Yami Bakura. I, personally, hate Yaoi and was so good to find such a well thought out story that didn't have it. In your tale, they were like brothers. The innocence of Ryou and the protective, but still rough around the edges personality of Y. Bakura was all too perfect. I really cried during the parts where they were sacrificing their own lives for the sake of the other. There was so much emotion there and done realisticly.

I enjoyed every bit of your story and keep up the excellent writing. This story alone made me feel like I was reading a novel!
Affy-Bakura chapter 14 . 8/12/2010
That was AWSOME!

So sweet and creepy!

XD I'm happy now, I needed a good horror story/movie.
Affy-Bakura chapter 4 . 8/11/2010
D: Oh Ryou!

Yea! Go Kura!
Affy-Bakura chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
CREPPER!

I dare to say, he seems crazier then Yami Marik!
sarcasticrocker86 chapter 14 . 7/29/2010
There had to be a break for important things... like sleep... but I have finally finished your story.

It was fantastic. Most writers on this site will throw out a new chapter just to get more reviews, but you had a distinguishable, planned, and just long enough story. The descriptions were wonderful, but never overdone, and (as I have said before) the characters are just right.

I must admit, I have been reading fanfiction for years, but yours is the first that has ever brought tears to my eyes. The final battle was engrossing and emotional and well done.

I especially enjoyed the ending. Yami Bakura is redeemed but not yet perfect. And Bakura is still the ever-present hope and light to the Yami.

I am extremely impressed. I can't wait to read the others. Thank you so much for your stories.
sarcasticrocker86 chapter 7 . 7/28/2010
I've been reading your work for hours now, and seeing that it shows no sign of stopping any time soon, I'm going to go ahead and review now.

You are an excellent writer. You're characterizations are always spot on, and that's a big deal to me. Even your early work is pretty good in my book.

Now, about this one in particular, I am extremely impressed by your creation of the Infinite Items. It was creative and well thought out. Your portrayal of Yami Bakura is also interesting. I'm not usually a fan of a semi-good, anti hero Bakura, but you've hit it in just a way that it works, still consistent with the canon.

I am quite impressed and I look forward to finishing this story as well as reading your others. Thanks!
BlueSpiritFire1 chapter 10 . 7/3/2010
Why does white Death remind me of a cross between Pegasus and Sigfreid? probably something to do with the unhealthy obsession over something, such as roses and cartoons, but now it's with white. anyway, I love the story!
Mahersal chapter 14 . 5/16/2010
Great conclution (sp). I'm really happy with this. It was really good. Bravo, Ladybug. Bravo.