Reviews for Green Laurel
Sharon 64 chapter 17 . 1/18
You are an excellent writer. Fantastic imagination. I really enjoyed your story. Great plot. Happy writing. I will be reading more of your stories.
Gyreflight chapter 17 . 8/24/2013
I really, really like this.

You catch perfectly the sheer helpless terror of being on either end of such a situation, at the mercy of faceless and unpredictable enemies. The fact that this time it’s Pepper who’s trapped and Tony who’s waiting (knowing the possibilities only too intimately), makes a neat parallel, with the addition of the horrible additional fear that she might be facing purposed torture because of who /he/ is – something of which the reader too remains uncertain. Very effective.

I can see the situation playing out just like this – right the way down to the tiny gestures you put in like Happy placing his cutlery just so.

I particularly like that this time it’s Pepper who rescues herself, an inversion of the common plot device demonstrating beautifully why it’s not necessary to provide knight and damsel for the storyline to work - it takes nothing from Tony that she gets herself free, doesn’t change his feelings or reactions or what he’s willing to do about them, and of all the stresses on them, the fact that she successfully acts to save herself (repeatedly) isn’t one of them.

Pepper is both impressive and believable in her reactions, as well as being in character; her sense in the face of terror, courage to act and will to survive, are admirable whether it shows in recognising the meaning of a camera light going off, literally cobbling together shoes, or throwing a sheet over a gunman’s head.

I also appreciate how you allow the aftermath to be as important as the actual experience, even before the presence of the remaining kidnapper starts to wind the tension up again. It’s their interactions /afterward/ that lead to both Tony and Pepper being able to move forward.

The reunion scene was beautifully done, moving and believable, setting up the possibilities without forcing them, and allowing the later testing and trust between them to ring true – she to break down, he to speak.

Beautifully written and touchingly real, thanks for the read.
Pepperonyfan149 chapter 17 . 5/8/2013
So wonderful. I keep re-reading this like a favorite book. This is one of the best, if not the best fanfics I have ever read. Thanks :)
NCISVILLE chapter 17 . 4/21/2013
Daawww great job! Loved this story so much. Lol it was like my drug for the past three four days. It took precedence over chores and homework. Haha. Great job with all of it. Even if at times I was going crazy :p
NCISVILLE chapter 16 . 4/21/2013
Fantastic and beautiful. Love it. Great chapter, only one left :(
NCISVILLE chapter 15 . 4/21/2013
Thank you! Sweet Pepperony. So I guess I feel inclined to say it was worth the painful wait because it was so sweet. Great chapter!
NCISVILLE chapter 14 . 4/21/2013
Would I be a horrible person for saying I'm glad it wasn't him? Cuz now Tony gets to save her like I very much wanted him too. And gah can you guys move any slower torward each other? It's so painful to watch.
NCISVILLE chapter 13 . 4/21/2013
Great chapter! Man Pepper and Tony just need to become Pepperony like right now. I can barely stand the wait. I'm like dying of starvation.
NCISVILLE chapter 12 . 4/21/2013
Lol finally! Man I've been waiting forever for this. Haha. The fish were awesome lol. Great chapter.
NCISVILLE chapter 11 . 4/20/2013
Oh spectacular! God I'm dying for them to talk and something to happen.
NCISVILLE chapter 10 . 4/20/2013
Aww fantastic. Man I hope they talk soon and something good happens. Great chapter!
NCISVILLE chapter 9 . 4/19/2013
Terrific. These keep getting better and the two kisses um yeah awesome! Great chapter!
NCISVILLE chapter 8 . 4/19/2013
Okay that was amazing, thank God they finally saw each other again. My stomach was dying in anticipation haha. Fantastic chapter!
NCISVILLE chapter 7 . 4/19/2013
She's almost home! Man my heart is like breaking. The last scene pretty sure I had a couple tears too. Fantastic chapter!
NCISVILLE chapter 6 . 4/19/2013
Man I hope Tony is the one who finds her and no one else. Great chapter!