Reviews for Four o'clock in the morning
Tom Riddle Minor chapter 37 . 1/27
Dark here and there, but certainly a very bright end. Your writing is wonderful and so your dialogues and your characters!

I'm looking forward to the finishing of "Amends" as I've promised myself to not begin reading the "Princess" until then. - And re-reading "four o'clock" to enjoy the total timeline developement.
excessivelyperky chapter 35 . 12/11/2014
Yes, Draco has his memories. And of course nobody ever bothers to say anything about Snape, even the people he died to protect. We all know that black tomb is from guilt, and hoping it's heavy enough to keep him down (and crossing their fingers that it's really him in there).

We saw how well Draco listened to Snape in canon, just as well as Harry did that year. But it's always Snape's fault that both were such idiots.

But Hermione never, ever thinks about Snape. it's much easier for the survivors not to, because that's a Life Debt nobody is ever going to get around to pay.

Much easier to gather together and pretend he never existed, except for the black tomb, and some potions left over with his handwriting on the label.

God know Draco is giving it his best shot.

Hermione can be quite protective of those under her thumb; but they'd better remember they're under thumb, because she has her own issues she's not addressing because she's too busy saving the world, and driving herself mad with the Time-Turner.

Still, it's a nice little gathering here of the next generation.
excessivelyperky chapter 34 . 12/3/2014
Oh, yes, anyone with a baby knows about 4 o'clock in the morning (or with allergies, or sometimes just because).

This is a marvelous chapter about Draco, who knows he will never see his father the same again, but in many ways knows it's a good thing, because Hypatia would not be alive if Lucius was still in charge.

And he still misses his father anyway.
Siffy Ela chapter 15 . 7/22/2014
It's great story. It causes headache, leaves one's mind shattered... but it'beautiful in some strange way.
Cpetrienm chapter 37 . 5/12/2014
What a jewel of a story! Your writing is beautiful. Your characterization of Draco was very moving.
seidh chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
I read this entire story last night and this morning. I think you are an incredible writer and I hope you return to Amends... I really enjoy your expansion of the wizarding world and its flaws. Your post-war stories are a lot more satisfying than the DH epilogue by far. I find them to be anthropological and thorough, and since I aspire to write my original fiction in that manner, I find myself referencing back to your craftsmanship. If you have original fiction out there I would love to get my hands on it. I think, based on your bio, you're also a playwright: as a fellow theatre lover, I would love to read whatever original work you've created. I'm a firm believer in financially supporting artists by purchasing their work. If you don't have published original work, then no matter how it pains your fanfic fans, I ask that you abandon fanfic for your own stories and then please let me know when you do get published. Your work is the real deal.
Random number generator chapter 4 . 1/19/2014
I liked that it is implied that Hermione has other life other than presented in story and information about her parents.

But it seems that Harry is missing from story (Ron's fate seems to be explained).
excessivelyperky chapter 33 . 12/31/2013
Ah, I love the bits about the Widow and the Widow's Son; so very Masonic with a side of Illuminati (and a dash of the Magic Flute, because Draco does have his Papageno moments).

As for the etiquette between a murderer's wife and a victim's daughter, that's on page 394 of the Wizarding Debrett's.

All sorts of nuances, and then Molly Weasley falls in love with another baby (who is definitely a Malfoy by the opportune way she woke up and charmed the audience. Sure there isn't veela blood there?).

Delightful scene, especially for the honor done the Grangers.
Moran442 chapter 37 . 11/2/2013
A fantastic story, full of original ideas and really well crafted scenes. Thank you!
Demolition Debbie chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this story. I've just reread it and I'm still in love with it.
excessivelyperky chapter 32 . 8/31/2013
Ah, yes. The House of Granger, now in formal alliance with the House of Malfoy and the House of Longbottom. The next thing you know, someone will give her a couple of house elves to manage so she will *really* learn about them properly. I'll take one if she doesn't want them...

Seriously, the Ministry is having fits over this, but since everyone is wrapping this up in the Old Ways, it'll be difficult for even the most virulent pureblood to object to the forms.

And I *LOVE* the abolition of marriage contracts calling for the death of Squib children. There is likely to be a lot more support for this under the surface than anyone will admit, but it will be there. Many witches' faces likely hide a tragedy, or the story of a tragedy about that. (well, except for the magical world's equivalent of Ma Mattulich who thinks everyone should suffer the way she did).

Nicely done.
El Reino chapter 3 . 8/21/2013
With completed stories, I usually wait 'til the end to review. But with this chapter, I had to review. I absolutely adore Mary's Muggle and military observations of the characters we are only used to in a fantastical setting. Mary's voice accurately reflects someone who has dealt with a lot of military members. The 'how they wear their clothes like a costume' observation is fantastic and extremely intuitive on your part. So is the comparison of Draco to SS members. It was so very on the dot, because in a way, Draco was the SS. And I wonder why no one ever seen it before.

I really, really love this. Thanks for writing and I hope my review made sense haha.
El R.
angel-girl73 chapter 33 . 6/21/2013
I thought this was a dramione fic? is that gonna happen or did u change ur mind
SattlerSister90 chapter 5 . 5/9/2013
You have an INCREDIBLE apptitude for writing! I am very impressed! Keep the stories coming!
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 5/8/2013
Ah! Narcissa knows her sister well, then, when it comes to saving the life of a Squib baby (good thing Bella isn't still alive, she'd invite herself to that party).

But Narcissa is a survivor, hence her caution to Draco about whom he marries.

Say, can the Grangers take Draco to Blackpool? Just the make sure the dice roll right?