Reviews for Secrets
Leather2Lace chapter 10 . 7/17/2014
very nice story. I enjoyed your twist with Jangag & the baby. can't wait to read the sequel!
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Good chapter
Lydia-Hood chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I have to admit, I loved Duty, and when I began this one too I was excited and I thought it was wonderful... until Shota killed the baby... then I had a first "What the Hell?" moment, I always thought myself they would find a way to manage even with a boy, I seen other authors think like that, and I personally dislike when the theme of harming babies or children come into play, but I could still somewhat understand. The major negative I have is how soon you also brought another MAJOR Angst in the story, and how its breaking what I am sure is a taboo for many concerning LotS and SoT and which is the matter of how to handle Kahlan. My big problem was when Kahlan was taken by Jagang, that is when I dropped the story and stopped reading it, after its revealed she been raped. Look the one good thing in the entire SoT series concerning rape is that WHATEVER happened, Kahlan was NEVER raped, close calls, some pretty stupid and pathetic story wise, but the idea is she stayed pure for Richard, now here we are faced with what I consider a defilement of the LotS & SoT series, my problem here is how good the story was and how it was able to keep on correctly until that moment. That she be tortured, ok; brainwashed, ok; rape, not ok... I mean the first two happens in ways in both the series, but rape, its something which is not meant to happen to her, it was always meant to be stopped a way or another just before it happens, I mean sure there can be a suspense build up and people will be scared, but then there will be a breath of relief, but that she actually get raped scars the mind of the most emotional of the readers and that is something terrible. So yea I have to admit this is a deception... I had been reading Duty than Secrets than discover I had to stop reading it because the story had taken a turn which rendered it incompatible with the image of Kahlan. You know Terry Goodkind himself admitted the entire thing began with Kahlan, she is the founding stone of the two series, she should be considered sacred, untouchable. To make you understand my disappointment with the story, you have to understand that today I am going to have nausea most day long because of seeing in my head Jagang with Kahlan over and over... now I have to try to read another story which is possibly going to allow me to forget and move on from this one. I mean look you described in the type of story "Adventure/Romance" you know what that is actually when "Angst" or such terms come into play, if I had know from the on-start that something so horrible could happen in the story I would never have started it, you should change the rating and give details like "Extreme Violence" or some warning so the lighter heart people don't have to see this... so I hope next time you might consider giving some sorts of warning if you are going to touch such subject in such manner so the lots of us which can't handle that kind of horrible stuff can abstain from reading it.
Alana84 chapter 10 . 3/10/2010
Awesome sequel (it was the sequel to Duty, right?, at least it felt like it was, oh, well never mind!), I really liked it! The plot’s great and the character portrayal were too, as well as the character interaction, especially Richard/Kahlan, of course! Everything was well written too, apart from a few minor typos, no worries, they were easy to over-look (and believe me if I’m able to do that, then you’re good, because I’m quite picky when it comes to grammar and typos, so…)!

About the sex scenes, they were very nicely described and were absolutely not too many of them, trust me, you only had two, in this wonderful story, after all, one in the first chapter (if I remember correctly, that is) and the other one in the last chapter, so…and they both were fine! Kudos!

Poor Kahlan/Richard though, first they lost the baby (by the hand of Shota), even though it probably was for the best, given the prophecy and the forth coming future about their unborn child, yes, it was still an evil act, but sometimes you need to think bigger, right? Oh, well...

Anyway, and then Kahlan got kidnapped, assulted/raped by that evil Jagang, as well as brainwashed, the poor girl, but at least Richard came and saved her, yay for that! And finally they were able to get married, double yay, laughs! So now, I’ll be off to read the sequel, see ya!
RMB chapter 10 . 3/8/2010
I loved the story. I agree that too short chapters often lack description and dialogue so I really can't find that your story was too long. The end was a bit sudden but there is the sequel after all! Yehaa!

And personally, I didn't really think there were too many nookie scenes lol
Tatablp chapter 10 . 1/11/2010
I LOVED it! It was so sad when Shota killed their baby *cries* And DAMN that Jagang.. I already hated him from the books...

I can't wait to read what else you can do with this story.. and maybe they can finally have a baby *_*

And please don't stop writing those sex scenes LOL
Anei chapter 10 . 12/31/2009
Hi, I really like all your storylines and love reading them thanks :)
lovely chapter 10 . 12/28/2009
Wonderful ! lots of action

I was afraid at the end of one of the chapters that mother confessor was actually pretending to remember richard when she exited the room( after he had reminded her of the lost child )and that she was a trick until she tried to kill him later

it would have been an interesting plot twist, then again the story would have never ended

I can't wait to read more !
rosewing86 chapter 5 . 12/17/2009
oh my gosh... i friken sobbed on this chapter (chapter 5) my sister just lost her baby a month ago and this chapter brought back all the memory's of that day. it was so heart breaking... im still not sure she is quite over it yet. i think because her friends are pregnant too and there babies are all healthy, in fact today she went with her best friend to find out what her fiends baby is (its a boy, how ironic) but i know she(my sister) and her husband fought a lot the first week. wow... i thought i was over it, but reading this brought it all back. the sadness, the anger...
misako chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Great story,I almost felt like I was reading Goodkind story :D

Sad part about the baby, but life is life, hope you will update
Restless Goddess chapter 9 . 12/17/2009
Aw, that was so sweet! I LOVE it!I love how you portray the relationship between the two of them! It's so adorable and wonderful! And I LOVE how you got around the Confessor power problem (I read the first story). Bravo!
Uria chapter 9 . 12/16/2009
Wow what a great story. You did a good job displaying the emotions

of everyone. I was so close to tears when Shota took the baby away.

That was pure evil but then you put Kahlan with an evil king who raped her.

It was almost too much to read. I love that you also made Cara & Kahlan closer.

I did skip the sex scenes, I kinda felt there was too many of them. You also had

a few grammar errors to but they were minor. And personally would have liked

Richard to marry Kahlan before he got her pregnant.

But overall you are the best writer so far on this section on this site.

Excellent job, be bless and keep writing.
NinjaSheik chapter 9 . 12/14/2009
AAW! I LOVE IT!
Anonymous chapter 9 . 12/14/2009
Love, love, LOVED it. I hope you do continue it, because it felt cut off too soon for me. An abrupt ending. Anyhoo, it is fantastic.
HollyShadow chapter 9 . 12/14/2009
Don't you just love it when they do it? XD

haha. I know I do.

It was an awesome story. Thank you!