Reviews for Mirror Fires
Very good insight into the mirror universe.
JMK758 chapter 7 . 11/28/2005
Great story. I can't wait to see what happens next.
lareinemargot chapter 8 . 2/10/2002
great job! I just finished reading it, and you're a really good writer (I knew that before, but the dialogue and such was really true to character)

blessed be,

ShyIntrovert chapter 8 . 2/7/2002
I really, really loved this fic. Tha Saavik and Spock of the mirror universe are facinating characters. I'm glad Spock didn't have Demora killed. That would have seemed extreme even for mirror Sopck. Will there be a sequal to this sequal? Please?
Saavant chapter 8 . 2/6/2002
I *loved* this story, maybe especially those last chapters.

The thing that amazes me about your writing, Kerry, is how complex and multi-layered you make everything, and it all fits together like

a puzzle. You should write mystery movels or thrillers or something- anyway, something with a lot of plot. Because that is what you have,

a lot of plot. This was wonderful!

I especially liked Spock's defense. I'd been expecting some scenario where they would turn out to be bonded and so any threat on Saavik's

life was a threat on Spock's. But for Spock to be able to solve the problem with that ever-so-logical argument was just so brilliant and

so... *Spock.*

Also, unique way of portraying a mind meld. Lots of writers make it seem like something very abstract and not at all visual, not having

to do with any of the physical senses. But the inside of a mind really is more like what you describe, isn't it? Moving from one

scene to another; scenes based on visual and other physical memories. Most of our experiences are with the physical senses, and so our

thoughts have a physical focus most of the time. At least mine do (though my head is the only one I can claim to have been in).

There is so much else I could probably say, but that's what comes to mind immediately. Excellent work!
Aria chapter 8 . 2/6/2002
I think this story is great! I love the romance between Saavik and Spock- how you incorporate his parents situation in the equation as well. The emotions were real and I love the trial the best. He made a good argument! The one I love the best is the Romulant. The humor was most appreciated. I read this in one setting which took me a while but it was worth it. Keep up the good work : )
Jalynrn chapter 8 . 2/4/2002
Oh... is this the end? No, no, no! I want at least another section!

LOL... very well done Kerry. I can only reiterate that which I have already said. The emotions and actions of Spock and Saavik for each other are amazing.

I was a bit disconcerted when I thought that Demora was to be killed, but then... I should have known better, huh?

Beautiful ending and may I say what a perfect set up for a sequel? hint hint

Luvtooread1999 chapter 8 . 2/4/2002
This story reminds me of the TV show Mission:Impossible, with all of its twists and turns, suprises and delights. I am SO enjoying this, you just can't imagine. I enjoy these characters and am happy that so many of them are fleshed out (not just the main characters). I'm hoping that this isn't the last chapter? That more will follow? Please don't let this be one of those "leave the ending to the imagination of the reader" endings! Thanks for inviting us into this world, it was a great visit.
Christina Horvath chapter 1 . 1/31/2002
Well, yet another great, wonderful, fantastic chapter. I've read and reread it. As someone else wrote, the tension is amazing. I'm drawn right in, from the first sentence until a painful separation at the last sentence. The levels of conflict are amazing - between father and son, T'Pau and Spock, the Empress and T'Pau, Spock and Kirk, Sarek and Saavik, Saavik and herself, and even Spock and Saavik (although their conflict are different from the others). Saavik has such a strong presence and yet she's not even conscious! I'm thrilled and waiting for the next chapter but sad because I know it's almost at the end. Thanks again for a great story.
Jalynrn chapter 7 . 1/30/2002
Oh Kerry! I am almost speechless... The emotion you conveyed with this section was so moving that at once point I actually had to stop and make myself breath! I've been unable to read for several days and was so hoping that there was a new section up! Thank you for not disappointing me! More? Soon?
fostling chapter 4 . 1/25/2002
Wow, is this intense. I can't wait to see how this comes out. You have created a tension level that is not seen often in fanfiction. Congratulations on a superior job.
Jalynrn chapter 6 . 1/25/2002
Ughhh.. what a place to stop! This, I beleive, is known as a cliffhanger!

*sigh*... well... I can only project my wishes on this one... please don't separate them... either by death or space... Thier loyalty to each other is awe inspiring.

I meant to add in the first review how impressed I was with the action sequences and the battles. Very well done. Some would have been lost immediately, but you kept it clean and neat... well, as clean and neat at war can be!

Jalynrn chapter 3 . 1/25/2002
Excellent forst three chapters Kerry! You're posting fater than I can read... this tiny print really gets to my eyes.

The emotion between Spock and Saavik is just beautiful. I always knew he had it in him!

Christina Horvath chapter 5 . 1/24/2002
I can sometimes figure out what direction a story is heading in. Not with this story. Each sentence is a surprise to me, each paragraph a surprising delight. I can't wait to read the next chapters. Thanks for posting so quickly.
ShyIntrovert chapter 3 . 1/23/2002
I'm so glad you're writing a sequal to your mirror universe story. It seemed to need one. Can you post the next chapter soon, please?