Reviews for Bound by a Similar Destiny
TheCrazyAnimeFan chapter 20 . 11/18/2012
The story is really interesting so please continue and update soon!
Rhiathynn chapter 20 . 9/28/2012
nooo, cliffhanger! I hate those. still i was just waiting for a digimon to attack, it's been too quiet. love this story, can't wait for the next chapter!
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 20 . 9/17/2012
So I finally got around to reading this. Certainly took me long enough. :)

Okay, review time. I really like how well you've tied the events so far together; a full-blown AU that does mean ignoring some bits from cannon, ie. the twins' parental situation, tibbits about the timeframe (as DF took place in 2004 and Adventure...I think it was 2001? Somewhere around then, but certainly not long enough for the Digidestined to go off and have children). But you've written it in a way that makes those bits inconsequential, which is very tricky to do but when successful adds an extra element to the AU universe you've crafted. Your writing in the earlier chapters also reflected the depth by which you created this world. In later chapters, plot and character development become more important than setting up the scene, so as a consequence the writing becomes a little more direct as well. I'm hoping when more complexities and climaxes in the plot arise to see more depth again.

On a more specific note, some of your phrasing can get a little awkward. If you're like me and only write fanfics for fun and focus your effort on original works, then feel free to disregard this as it looks to me like a consequence of speed than anything else, but if not:

[Where you under the bed? ] - "Were" you under the bed? - typo

This happens quite often, but I'm just going to use a specific example: ["Not antisocial… there are just too many stupid people around me. And it's because of all of those repeat articles that we're making such good time," Koji rejoined ] - that's too long as far as dialogue goes to have a direct speaker tag attached. It sounds really awkward, because by that point we (or I really as I can't speak for anybody else) have given up on a plain statement like that and are simply inferring. You could cap the dialogue with a fullstop and then say the next bit like a sentence in itself, or you could (and particularly for Koichi's bit before it, break the dialogue up with the speaker tag. I say Koichi's bit specifically because his is a "retort" but it comes out more like a "rant".

["If memory serves I think the ten of us have done it more often as of late, than everyone getting together,"] - I don't see the two sentence fragments linking together there.

[Koichi leaned in close to her ear and whispered; obviously ] -that's not really the place for a semicolon, and its counterproductive in that it detaches its effectiveness as a speaker tag.

Your last scene also comes out rather directly. It was only at the end where that was needed with the leadup into action, but before that is it necessary to repeat the names so often? sure, it makes it easy to follow, but it also takes something away. A little more description/focus on emotions and expressions perhaps?

Hopefully that winds up being of use and not just me being a pain. That's what happens when I find stories I like. I take a pick and dissect them. Luckily, 20 chapters is too long for me to do that for all chapters. :) In the middle of the semester anyway.
GirlAnimePrincess chapter 20 . 8/15/2012
please continue writing this story, I want to see what happens when both groups finally figure out that the other group knows about the digital world. And I want to see what else happens!
LBanime chapter 2 . 8/13/2012
Hey ( yes i could log in this time to review xD) I really like your story and that it has a real plot makes it just better. I reallly like it and all of it is decribed great , no critics for now , though and koiuji and koichis parents surprised me xD I mean the divorcing think doesn't fit here then as well as the behaviour xD, for j.p my personaly choice would have been Daisuke and Miyako, the surer and self confident boy with miyakos technology experience as well as being the eldest and the fact that j.p puttet noodles in a burger could have been from daisuke xD ut yeah that gave me a cnofusion but other then that it is great **, can't wait to read more ...oh hwell I am just in the second chapter anyway xD
hikarinayoshi chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
Hello again Sightbent! Hopefully this review will be shorter than the other one!

This story is done equally well as Crossing Worlds. In fact I think this story is one of the 3 stories that I actually like with the Tazumi pairing. And you just had to leave it at a cliffhanger didn’t you? I really am anxious for the parents to figure it out! In fact, can it be a battle where all the Legendary Warriors are fighting? That would be way cool!
I also really like you have incorporated the pasts of the Legendary Warriors and the Digidestined together to make the story fit! Its awesome! In fact, the first time I watched Frontier, when I saw Takuya I thought
‘whoa! Is that Sora? No it’s a guy and he has Sora’s hairstyle, but he has the hair color of Tai! Holy cow!’
Ya…
eagerly awaiting
the next chapter
the-ice-cold-alchemist chapter 20 . 7/19/2012
Thanks sooo much for the update
Lol
Please post up the key chapter soon
KARASU25 chapter 20 . 6/30/2012
Man, i really want the kids to get hurt or something so theyre parents realize what they are and help them out. Awesome chapter as always and cant wait for the next one!
nequam-tenshi chapter 20 . 6/13/2012
Please don't tell me those digimon are Roachmon - they give me the creeps. Even if you do, I won't mind much.

Question: being the children of didgdestined, wouldn't there be pictures laying around the house?
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 20 . 6/8/2012
Poor parents to,since they want to possibly share their pasts.
mysticmoon1331 chapter 20 . 6/8/2012
can't wait for more! :D
dsgundam00 chapter 20 . 6/7/2012
cool job... I was wondering when you would update this story...
Freefan1412 chapter 20 . 6/7/2012
oh gerat. :) I wonder who is going to attack (?).

Otherwise i really can't wait until they find out each other. It's going to be

Nice chapter.
nightwatcher55 chapter 20 . 6/7/2012
a developing romance between Zoe and Takuya, mysterious digimon and the soon to be revealed secrets of the parents and children. this is one fun story, can't wait to see what happens next.
61wisampa chapter 20 . 6/7/2012
i honestly have forgotten most about this story XDDD haha good thing there were a lot of recollections about the previous chapters here XDD and the fact that the rest of the warriors were shown more here really made it all the more awesome. i like Takumi scenes, really, but i really like the other too -

as for the ending... the first thing i thought of was, "Beedrills!"

haha yeah, that's pretty ironic since Pokemon and Digimon are silent friendly rivals since my childhood but i can't help it! XD

i hope you'll be able to update this again soon. but don't forget EX too! :))
378 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »