Reviews for He Was A Quiet Man
The pain is real
NarutoSpardaUzumaki chapter 1 . 8/3
Good one shot
DalekQueen7 chapter 1 . 11/17/2015
Awww! Poor Charlie. :( He is so sad.
Fererre chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
I'm gonna loose my shit over here
J.C Jackals chapter 1 . 10/1/2015
This was touching and beautiful in a terrible way. I never liked how Bella treated Charlie, and this illustrates well how he could, and probably did, feel.
Amanthya chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
Wow, you make me despise Bella, even more than 7 and 18 did (where did those fics go, btw? And this "Daughter" story I never got to read - this is my actual ffdotnet penname, please pm me the link if they are posted somewhere else).

My heart hurts for Charlie, who deserved better. But it's also a bit angry at him - he should've said something, many times. Should have been brave enough to, I don't know, force Bella to get help.
Not Jeff chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
And now you've made me happy I read Twilight, just so that I could really understand just how accurate this really is, and just how heartbreaking Charlie's life has been. Well written, I beautiful, and absolutely perfect.
LilyYumikoRockMe chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
A true tragedy.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
A realistic retelling of twilight from the POV of an unimportant ' character.
Lady of the Spirit chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
I feel like crying now, but this was SO incredibly amazing.
Wildstar93 chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
I like this. Charlie was indeed a good man until Meyer deliberately derailed him. And it sure is sad to see his daughter hate him for no apparent reason.

Keep up the great work!
k chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
You write Charlie so well
Amanthya chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Twi would have been a better series if it had been from Charlie's pov and had bothered to do some character-development like this.
sg2006 chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This is great! Cannon Bella really was a b**** to her dad. I cant even imagine treating my dad like she treated hers, the very thought makes me sick.
Heather Poe chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
This reminds me of the one scene in Breaking Dawn when Charlie finally reunites with Bella after her turning. It's when they hugged.

You watch Billy Burk (who portrays Charlie) hug Kristen Stewart (portraying Bella Swan) in a stereotypical daughter/father embrace.

However, something about that scene got me, about how Billy Burk looked...

He embraces his daughter for a moment, then you see his expression subtly change as if sensing a difference, something only as her father could see...

If I'm correct, at that very moment, her body was at room temperature, and he notices...

He seems to instinctively know he is hugging the animated, virtual corpse of his daughter.

You see him hug deny this...and the forlorn scripted line he says a moment later bears more weight.

"Miss you Bells..."

As if he knows she's metaphorically "dead" to him...and he can't do anything about it.

If you're a parent, this scene under analysis is pretty disturbing...and heartbreaking...considering Bella didn't even help to negate this "pain" she puts on her father because Meyer seems to have little regard for the father character beyond him being a stereotype to "shoo out" of the fantasy.