Reviews for He Was A Quiet Man
Bravo
A realistic retelling of twilight from the POV of an unimportant ' character.
Lady of the Spirit chapter 1 . 2/11
I feel like crying now, but this was SO incredibly amazing.
Warrior Cat Cody chapter 1 . 1/12
I like this. Charlie was indeed a good man until Meyer deliberately derailed him. And it sure is sad to see his daughter hate him for no apparent reason.

Keep up the great work!
k chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
You write Charlie so well
Amanthya chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Twi would have been a better series if it had been from Charlie's pov and had bothered to do some character-development like this.
sg2006 chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This is great! Cannon Bella really was a b**** to her dad. I cant even imagine treating my dad like she treated hers, the very thought makes me sick.
Heather Poe chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
This reminds me of the one scene in Breaking Dawn when Charlie finally reunites with Bella after her turning. It's when they hugged.

You watch Billy Burk (who portrays Charlie) hug Kristen Stewart (portraying Bella Swan) in a stereotypical daughter/father embrace.

However, something about that scene got me, about how Billy Burk looked...

He embraces his daughter for a moment, then you see his expression subtly change as if sensing a difference, something only as her father could see...

If I'm correct, at that very moment, her body was at room temperature, and he notices...

He seems to instinctively know he is hugging the animated, virtual corpse of his daughter.

You see him hug tighter...as if...to deny this...and the forlorn scripted line he says a moment later bears more weight.

"Miss you Bells..."

As if he knows she's metaphorically "dead" to him...and he can't do anything about it.

If you're a parent, this scene under analysis is pretty disturbing...and heartbreaking...considering Bella didn't even help to negate this "pain" she puts on her father because Meyer seems to have little regard for the father character beyond him being a stereotype to "shoo out" of the fantasy.
Donna chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
This storyvis better than any of the books.
le doux frisson chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
You know, I actually liked Twilight when it first came out. My aversion to it became with New Moon, when Edward's absence tears Bella apart and she doesn't let anyone who cares about her help her in any way, not even her father. And her dismissal of Charlie, Renee, everyone she knows just to be with one person. To reject her own family to be part of one she likes better for the face value. And your fic demonstrates just how heartbreaking the whole thing is from Charlie's perspective. Thank you for the awesome fic and sharing it with us.
T. Alana M chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
dude. this is coz Kristen Stewart doesn't have facial muscles
qweerlittlefish chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
This was so sad! This is so so so sad! But oh my gosh, it was so well written! You're so talented! This just pulled at the heartstrings, and made so much sense and seemed so real. I think I'm gonna stop being such a moody teenager now...

Awesome story!
InkWeaverabc chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
That was so depressing. Eru, Bella is such a bitch! Why am I doing this to myself?!
random-k chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
so true
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
This was moving. I like your Charlie. :-)
One small error: you use "I" in one place, "I wouldn't be able to cope" when you mean "he"
Anonmyous999 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
This was such a heartening peace! It really does seem likely of Charlie to feel like this; I know I would if I went through those things.