Reviews for Inviolate
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 19 . 11/9/2010
"Lex could only scream in frustrated horror as his carefully laid plans to end the Guardians of Oa cleanly and quietly went up in flames and plasma bursts."

Well, I guess we get to see how good a Xanatos Speed Chess player Lex is. It's only natural that something of this magnitude would go a little screwy. In a strange way, all this chaos may work to his advantage and it should certainly keep The Powers That Be distracted. Just ask yourself Lex, "What would David Xanatos do?"

I do wonder what the Oans consider the reason for being blockaded. Since they would be in the dark about this conspiracy.

And Lex caring more about this plan falling apart than people dying is actually one of his more endearing traits.
CJNyfalt chapter 19 . 11/9/2010
Another great chapter, and I think you got your influx of readers when this story was recommended on .com.
Drake-Azathoth chapter 19 . 11/9/2010
It's rare you have a fantastic premise pursued with such overall competence in fanfiction. 'Inviolate' definitely qualifies among the vanishing few stories that match that description. I love the story so far, and the way Luthor outmaneuvered Reach and Dox only to have the latter FUBAR Lex's plans for Oa was a good example of how you've been keeping your protagonist cool and clever but far from invincible. Nice job!
Delusional Fishies chapter 19 . 11/8/2010
AWESOME.
MDLv3.2 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
An excellent chapter. You have a fine feel for the characters. Especially that douche Brainiac 2, the smug SOB. I certainly hope Luthor gives him his humble pie, raw and double helpings.

And you were wondering about the influx of readers? Like myself, no doubt they came from forums. On one thread titled "Villains you would like to see as protagonists", a fellow named Norgarth gave a link to your story. The quality of the story hooked us.

. ?p5305555#post5305555
anon chapter 18 . 11/4/2010
Awesome!

Forgot to say it is Lex’s inventiveness and ingenuity that makes up for raw brainpower when compared to Brainiac like when they were working on the Sun-Eater problem, Brainiac 5 complained how primitive the 20th century was Luthor said Young man, you're so much more advanced then we primitive cavemen, surely you must have already solved our dilemma!" Brainiac 5 promptly shut up

Awesome saying the Reach we’re like and that that is their M.O.

Awesome saying who’ve we’ve beaten

This is awesome!

You are a genius
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 18 . 11/4/2010
"I am the mother of Odin's stallion, Sleipnir. I am the father of Fenrir Sun-Eater, and of Hel Half-Rotted and of Jormungund the World-Serpent. I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one." Yes, go Lex; the universe will never be the same. I suspect there's a great deal of respect and awe coming for Earth soon. I can hardly wait to see where this is going!

Oh, and alien invader rule number 1: Never assume that a less technologically advanced race is stupid or harmless.
CJNyfalt chapter 17 . 11/4/2010
The last line was great!
MDLv3.2 chapter 18 . 11/4/2010
Oh yes. Chapter 18 still has the quality. And Lex manages an escape armed with only a pair of pants. :D

This is excellent work. I an addicted. Want more.

BTW, you do know that Superman has a legitimate reason for the red undies, don't you? :) Supes' invulnerability is derived from a skintight forcefield. Notice that the blue parts are thus made extra clingy. Heck, you can even see his navel sometimes! Which means that a skintight pair of pants would act to display the Family Jewels of Krypton. Unless, of course, he wears red shorts on top of the skintights.

I thin that even Luthor would agree to keeping Lois Lane's Best Friend hidden from sight.
Delusional Fishies chapter 18 . 11/3/2010
Yay! Awesome Lex is awesome! Now take over the world, you silly goose! Nay, the universe!
MisterTabi chapter 18 . 11/3/2010
Pure genius. Powerful words. Powerful speech. It is in every sense of the word. Magnificent!
shanejayell chapter 18 . 11/3/2010
Ah, Lex, you MAGNIFICENT BASTARD! :)
shanejayell chapter 17 . 10/30/2010
Ah, Vril. As much a ass as ever. Good update!
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 17 . 10/30/2010
"That's supposed to be Machu-Cedan Quadrus. Where is it?"

I'm feeling a Ben Kenobi quote coming on...

"You may go now. I will enjoy ruining your life and all your carefully laid plans."

Ooh, a Xanatos Roulette gamble following that Scheherezade Gambit. Being duped by a naked human is going to so freak Dox out. Assuming his curiosity doesn't get the better of him.
anon chapter 17 . 10/30/2010
His life was strange enough for him to accept talking in deep space without analyzing too deeply. For now HA

I loved mentioning those members of the armed delegations

That was AWESOME of how Lex told him off