Reviews for Inviolate
Anyonimous Reader chapter 25 . 3/1/2011
Though I haven't liked every turn and twist of the story, this has been a very good effort, containing enough references to actual comics continuity to satisfy anyone's inner nerd.

Let's see what kind of final note the epilogue leaves us with.
cglasgow chapter 25 . 3/1/2011
Wonderful ending. Very dramatic, and felt totally IC for Lex. Also, nice Xanatos Gambit on Lex's part.

And I find it so very appropriate that the Guardians of the Universe died exactly the same way as they lived; being complete and utter idiots. Seriously, little blue midgets. Your brilliant plan was to have Lex do a Black Mercy trap to himself, by placing him in a realm where thoughts willpower reality? A realm that you also live in? Did you devote even a /nanosecond/ of thought as to wondering what would happen if he ever got /out/?

Of course not. Because you, the little blue midgets of Oa, are and have always been comics' greatest morons.
dfshie chapter 25 . 3/1/2011
NO! Don't end it! God Emperor Lex Luthor must return, as an interdimensional warlord!
anon chapter 25 . 3/1/2011
"This was also his last chance…

Mercy? Eve? In a heartbeat.

There was his answer."

Hell Yeah

Sucks Luthor didn't survive but that's true hope for everyone
Rorschach's Blot chapter 25 . 3/1/2011
Good work
MDLv3.2 chapter 25 . 3/1/2011
Epic enough? :)

Plot threads snipped. No deus ex machina. Everything in a colossal cosmic ball of string. Elegant and lovely.

And after that, anything else in Lex's life would be an anticlimax anyway. But he got to make his departure in undeniable style.

If he did ... ?
joel chapter 24 . 2/25/2011
Really really good. Liked lenas childhood snippets.
Rorschach's Blot chapter 24 . 2/22/2011
Damn good read
nick012000 chapter 24 . 2/9/2011
I'll point out that the Appalachian mountains should stop any tsunamis from reaching further westward than their slopes; they may not be as tall as the Rocky Mountains, but they're still mountains. Lex should know this and realise that something is up as soon as he heard that the tsunami flooded so far west.
anon chapter 24 . 2/7/2011
I have always wanted to see Lex’s Black Mercy fantasy and maybe some others as well

At first I was hoping for Tommy “Hush” Elliot but after thinking about it, Joker is great and him taking Quinn’s name bothered me at first but it’s great because people still don’t know exactly who Joker was before

Aw they got divorced after Joker’s redemption that’s too bad but at least it was amicable

That’s so cool that she’s with Pam on J586

Sad it wasn’t the real Ra’s who (albeit forcibly) united the Middle East

Alright Gorilla City

Alright Waller

Aw poor Pete Ross

Oh yeah Red Son shout out extending life

Alright shout out to Lex’s armor in Crisis on Two Earths

Go Lex

At first the God-Emperor bothered me Lex doesn’t want people to worship him, but I loved the way it was explained

Loved the Brother Eye thing

The Black Mercy either people know or they take the logical next step and show the whole be careful what you wish for thing but Lex had to give up what he wants most still hope he gets at least some of that though

Not sure I’m digging the whole dirty old man thing with Cassandra

This is awesome

You are a genius
deathsheadx chapter 24 . 2/7/2011
I have always wondered why you went with Dead lena as i know technically she's not dead in the continuity this diverges from. As it is, the fact you did lends itself perfectly to the brutal realisation Lex goes through.

Also i find it makes twisted sense how brutal Lex's escape would be in comparison to superman's from the Black Mercy, as unlike Superman who has a lot of heart as they say, Lex is a man who has been so far over the line there is hardly anything left that could halm him emotionally enough to break free.
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 24 . 2/7/2011
Poor Lex! Mind screwage is the worst form of toying, the most painful.

Well Lex really is Loki now, having let himself die to achieve his goal. It's the final thing he has to loose in order to be free.
MDLv3.2 chapter 24 . 2/7/2011
Ah, the "Black Mercy" gambit! The one thing that is truly inescapable - the Heart's Desire. And the only way to get out is to metaphorically tear out your own heart.

Well, since Superman once escaped one of those traps, Lex would have to so he could say he's at least equal. Karmic necessity and all that.

If the Guardians resorted to this, this most be the penultimate moment. All defenses gone, all lies stripped bare. All large blue melon-shaped objects smashed with a big golden sledgehammer.

WANNA SEE!WANNA SEE!WANNA SEE!
enderverse chapter 24 . 2/7/2011
Love it. Completely awesome.
EveryDayHeresy chapter 23 . 2/1/2011
I am so very happy I found this story. I absolutely love it. Well done. Can't wait to see the end game.
279 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »