Reviews for The Day I Die
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Considering I finished this movie this morning and still feel like I've been shot, myself, this is just all the more poignant. I can't figure out, just like Bloom can't, whether I despise Stephen or love him for loving his brother so much.

That smug bastard only ever cared about one thing and it damned sure wasn't the perfect con. Bravo!
inkfiction chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
I think when you've spent ten minutes crying your eyes out over a movie's ending, THIS is exactly the type of fanfic you want to read. Very well written, I especially loved the little flashbacks to dialogues you put in. It was great. You should definitely write some more Brothers Bloom fics.

-Anam
Umbrella.Confederation chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
This is a gorgeous and wonderfully accurate story. I love how you managed to play out all the unspoken emotions from the movie. Wonderful job, please write more stories like this!

:D
cammywamy chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
You have no idea how much I love this story. I finished watching the movie minutes ago and being the obvious fangirl I wanted to read some fanfiction only to find yours and two other peoples. To be honest, this story just brought on another round of tears. It was amazing and really well written! :3
somaticjester chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
OMG! I love this! This is truly worth favoriting. I like the unique writing style you use for this but I simply love the way you describe the two brothers. Gah, Stephen's death was just too sad and touching. Anyway, kudos for writing this.
Keely-anne chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Absolutely loved this movie and your story. Hope people write more brothers bloom was a great point of view to read, especially at the end. thanks for writing!
sehen chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
This was really awesome. (: (although it did make me hate the ending all over again)

But I loved how you used all the best/key lines.

Really great. I like your style. :DD
Wyld Yarrow chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This is a very moving story. I think that you captured the spirit of the movie and the hidden tragedy very well.

I thought that it was so sad that for Steven felt that he had to die for Bloom to truely be free.

There's a part of me that (not so) secretly hopes that Steven didn't die, that Bang Bang found him and got him out before he bled to death.

Once again this is a very well written story. Keep up the good work.
Pink Lady Alex chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Awesome story! I love the style you've written this in; I don't think that I've read another like it. The end of this movie shocked the heck out of me - I can't believe Stephen died! I re-watched it like a couple days later and then you can totally see all of the foreshadowing, which makes it hurt even more... Thanks for this story, you've done well.
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
You totally posted this before I saw the movie, but now I have seen it, so I read it, because I can! This was lovely (oh, and I'M the one who owns Adrien Brody, by the way) and well done, and I could totally hear Mr. Brody aka My Husband talking and whatnot. :)
vana naine chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
yes and yes and yes and yes!

I just finished watching the movie and I needed someone to spell it out for me, this end, the fact, that Stephen needed to go out alone, with a bang(!), and protect his younger brother one more time, and how it felt for Bloom and...

There was only 3 fics in , and I was very worried for a moment that none of them will give me the words and feeling I was looking for.

But thank you, thank you! This one was what I needed.

Because really - this ending did hurt so bad. It would have been so much easier to watch, if it were something like the fake death in the middle. With all the hurt/comfort cliches and brothertouching and stuff. Well, "sh-sh-sh-sh" was overkill, but sweet overkill.

But Stephen's death in the end felt so true. Sad and lonely and brave and pointless and... God, sad! Lonely!

Do you think Bang-Bang really did die too?
Random Reader chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Oh my goodness! I am consumed with love for this movie and for your fic! Excellent work! The Brothers Bloom is one of the best films I have ever seen, and it deserves more great fanfiction like this!
alexa35 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I greatly enjoyed reading this. I just caught the movie a few hours ago and totally fell in love with it. Kind of bittersweet, in a sense. Thank you for contributing to the lonely Brothers Bloom fandom. :D
inkspire chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
You're evil. :P This was pretty much how I imagined a fic for this movie would be, you filled in Bloom's thoughts pretty much perfectly. Especially the whole Diamond Dog part, as I was feeling that icy coil of paralysis during the movie too. Well done! It was really sad. Btw, I never even really discussed my thought processes during the movie, and I wanted to say how way early on I thought she was in on the con (Rachel Weisz, blanking on her name), and that it was a con to set up Bloom and her for good, with an ironic "promise me you won't fall in love," me thinking that Stephen meant all along for him too, and that she'd truly fall in love with him regardless of her being written by Stephen. I was so bent on this angle that I had a hard time sorting out what was actually happening, but the core of this story, figuring out Diamond Dog's evilness, and that he only pretended he wasn't really shot (the dried blood was so sad, and your repetition in that part in the brackets was sweet)... all that I got, but there was so much in that movie! Anyway. I loved that movie, and your fic. :D (I just glanced and saw that you have 97 STORIES. 97. I have 5. Lol. Applause just for that!)