Reviews for The Broken Orrery
sevilla.princess17 chapter 1 . 5/21
shiitttt! you finally updated. I almost thought this was gonna be a part of my Aerith/Sephiroth unfinished stories. gosh! you kept us waiting and finally, the wait is overrr.. thanks for the update. you are a very good writer tbh
Shiirael chapter 40 . 5/18
omg omg omg I was and still am so so SO excited that you updated! Just as I had finally lost faith, and actually started to worry that something may have happened to you... Well, I'm extremely glad to see that you are in fact alive. This chapter tho... oof. Love it though. Your characterization is still so on-point, and as always, I love your descriptions, even of just little, subtle things; everything feels so real with the way you write. Reading your tale, it beggars belief at times that the origins of all this was a video game (however awesome). Please, please keep at this. I can't wait to read what happens next, if you choose to bless us with it! Be well.
Shivii-Chan chapter 1 . 5/13
omg im literally re reading this and then you update im crying omg im so excited to read the new chap thank you!
You updated!OMIGOSH IM SO HAPPY! Though I felt really sad for this chapter... my heart wrenched with the pain Sephiroth felt for what Aerith did and what's more... the paind of Kitrinka's death dug a deeper wound inside me! Now you really have to update this, I think I'll be needing that next chapter or else tha lain in my chest won't go away...

Wonderful story, descriptively written! You are such a great writer! I love you!
Eternal-Tearz chapter 1 . 5/8
Oh man - the wait for the chapter 40 has been well worth it. The pacing is beautiful and the internal struggles for both Aerith and Sephiroth are so believable. I look forward to reading the next chapter!
Ultimate blazer chapter 40 . 5/8
I don't have enough words to describe how beautiful is this story.
Trance Sephiroth chapter 40 . 5/7
I reviewed this chapter twice already, but I did it through the app so it showed up as guest for some reason. I'm doing it again because I want my FF account to show up. I've reviewed this story before, and I want you to know that even though it been years, I'm still reading and still waiting on that next chapter, this story is just to good to forget. Please keep on fighting the good fight.
newtranslatortopu chapter 40 . 5/7
I swear...I've been waiting for so long for this...checking it everyday.
SevrynVitali chapter 1 . 5/6
Amazing. Absolutely fantastic. I cannot begin to express all of the emotions you stir within me. Your writing skills are superb! I cannot wait to read what happens next!
This chapter brought me to tears! So well written.
sakurablossomhime chapter 40 . 5/6
I waited for this chapter like one would a New York best seller because it's that precious of story overall to me. You are a treasure to the Sephiroth/Aerith(is) community. Your writing skills are always well thought out, edited, and prepared for the general reader to understand and enjoy. This particular chapter was so emotional! Sephiroth is having to really face his humanity through Aerith in a love he is ill equipped to handle. Of course his first thought would be to 'just forget.' He's a mess without her in the world and it scares him to know that. His Chocobo...where do I even start? Them together range from from protective to tragic in the end. I hope to all that's holy something can be done for her, that she's not permanently gone. Anyway, this was a beautiful chapter that really no words could fully express. Just know you have a undying fan of the fandom, the pairing, and of you the writer of this story.
Rhea - 1948 chapter 40 . 5/6
It is so great to see the update ! And the new chapter finally directs Sephiroth back to Aerith. Hope they can go on their trip without negative emotios
Tiarette chapter 40 . 5/5
Thank you for the update! That chapter was heart wrenching
Myahle chapter 40 . 5/5
AHHHHHH oh my goodness I was so thrilled to see an update in my email this morning!

Your writing never ceases to amaze me. The way you've created your own world (despite it being borrowed directly from Final Fantasy VII) and the descriptions you have provided us for the creatures that inhabit each part of the environment is marvelous. I feel as if I, too, am journeying with these characters as they make their dangerous trek across the beautiful expanse of land. As mentioned before, I absolutely love that you've created these locations yourself; obviously they are on the northern continent somewhere in or around Icicle Inn, but it is unique enough and described so thoroughly that the location has become your own rather than recycled material. I love it and I never tire of reading such descriptions.

As always, the characterization you have for Sephiroth and Aerith is wonderful and realistic. It is refreshing to see the complexities of both fleshed out in the way that are - without them being heavily anchored to the excuse of his insanity, or the idea that love conquers all, etc. You make them seem human, rather than character stereotypes like a lot of other writers tend to to do.

I sincerely hope you never abandon this story. It is my favorite FF7 fic, and you deserve more praise and recognition than what has already been given.

As for my thoughts for the narrative of this chapter, I am so sad that Katrinka passed. I did see it coming; however, I was not emotionally prepared (haha). I love how she also sort of embodied some of Aerith's more unobserved traits - a fiesty personality, endearing stubbornness and ultimatelt forgiving attitude. Hopefully this does not mean you're foreshadowing a tragic ending for our heroine?

I look forward to another update! (Excuse any typos - my phone has an ironic tendency to inccorrectly auto-correct certain phrases and words I type, lol).
AshRose chapter 40 . 5/5
More than worth the wait. You are the only author I've seen to write chocobos so realistically and I love it. In my head, they're closest real world equivalent is the ostrich, and those will mess up your day. They're creatures you should respect, which Sephiroth clearly learns. I'm terribly curious about the coded message that returned such hope to him, but I suppose we shall have to find out in the next installment.