Reviews for Lieutenants
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I really love this little piece, so insightful. It's heartbreaking in its quiet way, because we all know that Lennier didn't stop to think about *personal* risk any more than Sheridan did, but held back from playing the hero because of his sense of duty and obedience and his clear belief that Delenn was a representative of destinies he had no authority to meddle with, but suspected (to his deep regret) that Sheridan did. It happens again even more clearly in the later sequence with the fire wheel, where we see that he is willing to die to protect her but feels incapable of standing in her way when she is determined to sacrifice herself for the higher purposes they both believe she was born for. I really like the economical way this story plays with the idea of Lennier's subordinate position in her chain of command, and how it prevents him from risking his life by following his heart. At the end of the day, it's not very human, but it is in its way beautiful.

Lovely job, thank you.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Lennier is the kind of guy that every woman appreciates to support her, but never realizes that he is dateable, and wanted to be dated. These are the kind of guys that almost never get the girl. I feel sorry for Lennier, especially how he ends at the end of season 4(?).

Keep writing!
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
I remember the ending to that episode, oh so well. At the time I found it rather chilling that the Vorlons would choose one of the most infamous serial murderers in history, as their agent. Even if Sebastian had long since seen the error of his ways and it was simply what it was, a test, what he did to Delenn was still somewhat vicious. Sheridan had every right to be steamed, especially when he followed a hunch and found out exactly where Sebastian had been living and at what historical time. I mean, my jaw dropped a bit when Sheridan confronted him with that information, and by that last line Sebastian said, I was just staring in disbelief. It was only the second episode of any series I saw pertaining to that killer.

I got long winded there, but that is one episode that has always stuck with me. Probably because that subject was so interesting to speculate on.

Hints of how Sheridan feels for Delenn really do start to seep out there. I think both Garibaldi and Lennier "know without knowing", so to speak.