Reviews for For Want Of A Nail
stars90 chapter 5 . 9/12/2014
I love it! You have a great comedic sense, combined with seriousness and genuine emotion.
paulc5 chapter 5 . 7/8/2014
Wonderful story.
A perfect blend of pathos and humour and action.
Brilliantly thought-out story thread with the characters developing and growing as the story continues and when you examine the details, they all interlock like pieces of a puzzle.

I will confess to deeply admiring this passage:

"She knocked on his door. "Good Morning, Commander," T'Pol had said uncertainly.

Trip glanced up without expression. "Good morning, Commander. Welcome back." He turned back to the monitor and removed her from his personal universe. She stood there for a moment longer wondering whether to say or do anything else. Then she walked away.

After that nothing was ever the same."

The defining moment in the first chapter. Just eight spoken words and the rest is a desert.
Totally believable.
paulc5 chapter 2 . 6/20/2014
Another beautiful chapter.
And congratulations!
You've managed to convey an impression of a Daniels that is more than the glib A-hole portrayed in the show.
paulc5 chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
I'm not an angst junkie, but I appreciate a deftly wielded emotional straight-razor.
This is a brilliant opening chapter and connects well to the 'episode that shall not be named'.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/17/2013
I'm usually not enthusiastic about time travel stories but this one was great. I particularly liked seeing how T'Pol worked through all this and the ending was LOL! I'm looking forward to the other stories.
Jamieson Zed chapter 5 . 11/9/2012
This was a fantastic story, an ingenious finale fix...and that ending was just great, had me laughing out loud D The set-up for future possibilities in this "fixed" timeline was well-established, and made me want much much more - I'm so happy to see there is a whole lot more of this series to go, and I can't wait to get started! D
Hummingbird2 chapter 5 . 11/12/2011
Absolutely fantastic, thank you!
A Reviewer chapter 5 . 11/9/2010
That was hideously well written. For a second there, I just knew you were going to fake his death (or kill him) or...something and then.. *BAM!* Duck. Excellent.

Later
Nemo7777 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I very much enjoyed this.

It's nice to see a story that actually deals with the genetics involved in making a Human/Vulcan baby. Most of the stories I've read seem to assume that the Vulcan genome consists only of dominant genes. Every baby comes out Vulcan, with the Human side of the genes only implied if mentioned at all. The round eared Vulcan in the early part of the story was an excellent touch.
anaM chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
This is one of the first stories I read when I discovered Enterprise some time ago and I'm sorry that I haven't commented yet, because I was completely absorbed in it, I absolutely love it. I feel T'Pol's guilt and despair at the beginning - I must say I love this "wrong" T'Pol and always wonder where she withered to...

Thank you!
fullhans1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Great story.
Cat in a box chapter 5 . 11/28/2009
Loved this - thankyou!
pdsldl chapter 5 . 11/27/2009
Love this series. One of my favs . Every time I think about the ducks I laugh. Nice to see you posting your stories here. One it means your actively working on something to do with your writing so we'll maybe see more new stuff and secondly it can only encourage other great writers to write some Enterprise stories and post here also.
Transwarp chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Very well done. Still one of my all time favorites. I love the way T'Pol goes postal on Daniels, but I am in complete and total awe of this line:

Under the heat of Vulcan’s sunshine, she had felt warmed and renewed. At Gol she was able to burn away her grief and pain, to emerge once again sharp and bright like a blade newly forged.

Now she finally understood. In burning away her pain she had also burned away half her soul.

Damn good writing. Even though I already know what's coming, I still couldn't stop reading!
lunaz chapter 5 . 11/26/2009
Great story. Enjoyed it very much.