Reviews for Snakecharmer
KyuubiNoPuma chapter 8 . 3/14
Just wondering if there will ever be another chapter?
Negligible1 chapter 8 . 10/16/2016
This was good, really good.
I really like Astoria, I didn't at first, found her a little... I dunno, I just didn't like the way her character was presented, but I've changed my mind, I really like her.
It's a theme I've seen a fair bit, the idea that "Oh wizard society is backwards" and the counter of "but its tradition" and you're on a nice middle ground, though your justification for keeping tradition isn't always very strong, either representing their indefensible position, or its just really hard to defend.
Regardless this is a genuinely good fic, and I look forward to all future updates.
Toodles.
Worldmaker chapter 8 . 8/21/2016
Eight chapters of wasted time. While I agree the "Harry suddenly becomes politically astute" cliché is horrid, you went far too far into the other direction. Harry is a rudderless puppet and is a secondary character in his own story. This is not any sort of character that one could be interested in, and when you add in the fact that nothing happens in this story at all - not one thing - I have to admit that I wasted my time even reading it.
D-B-Rayne chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
You know what? I haven't even read your story yet. I've only read your disclaimer and your preface notes and that's it - but, it turns out, that was enough to make me go, "Yes! This story!". Now, naturally, I can't comment as of yet on said story, but I just wanted to say this before I begin it: Thank you for this! Even if it does just end up being a shared understanding on those points. I've always gotten so frustrated when people over power Harry simply to make him stronger (and therefore, according to some fics, apparently better than others - I mean, seriously, did they miss the entire point of Harry Potter? Isn't that what Voldemort and the Death Eaters thought?) than other people (as if, in all honesty, that is what makes a person a hero... as if the weak or the simple living or the easily contented individuals can't save another and gain that title in their own right, without having to be a physical embodiment of Hercules or some other such nonsense) or portray him as some rich, lordly individual that becomes a manipulative and overly sly person literally overnight simply because a house-elf arrived at Privet Drive to tell him that Dumbledore is actually very much cartoony evil, and his entire personality switches. Now, of course, I get that the author is the one who writes the story and what they want (as I always do), and I truly respect that – I just avoid the stories that baffle me – but sincerely: thank you for this understanding.
ferball82 chapter 8 . 5/28/2016
FYI - you're story has been plagiarized by u/7834017/Trent-Boult

It's a good story - is it going to continued?
Krimsons chapter 8 . 12/28/2015
I like the premise of this story so far. The world building in regards to the culture of Magical Britain and all the subtleties of it is well done, and you've introduced a lot of interesting plot lines to follow.

The pace could've been ramped up though; 60k words in, we've only been setting up the board, and aren't even done yet. For example, while I think Astoria's character is very complex and interesting, I can't help but feel like we could've started moving the pieces before we dived into her background.

Speaking of Astoria, what a sad story! That is some deep and dark stuff.

This story looks abandoned, but I'm holding out hope you'll update! Very interested to see how things play out.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/21/2015
Nothing turns a fic to trash faster than Lord Harry. (or derivatives)

Muggle bilge.
nice
1066wthec chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
nice.
zolydck chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
Thank you for avoiding deus ex machinima, and stating that you will have character growth instead of character change. Both are enjoyable.

well in canon by JK's own admission Dumbledore is machiavellian, doing whatever he believes necessary to ending the threat of voldemort.

Granted he isn't evil (or a prick) but he is most certainly is manipulative. This doesn't mean you have to follow canon (its fanfiction) but I felt I should point this out.

Anyways GL and this looks like an interesting read (I am looking forward to the political aspect)
s-david-m chapter 8 . 11/12/2014
Lovely story, and the growing intrigue is delicious. I'd like to see how it all turns out, so please continue this soon!
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 2 . 8/18/2014
How unrealistic was Harry's action? He perceived danger by the sudden appearance of the girl who had company and Harry dropped his wand because the girl yelled loudly and he covered his ears. Bloody unlikely.