Reviews for Twenty Truths About Himura Kenshin
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
how very perceptive and discerning. i loved your insights- especially the masks. i see him as a highly intelligent and brilliant strategist and tactician; the rurouni mask as a facade to 'hide' in plane sight (to seem harmless and goofy, someone who can be ignored- japanese are great ones for ignoring the eighty foot lizard running amok in the streets). the individual masks that you had mentioned had me pondering for a while.

interesting that kenshin could very possibly be jealous of kaoru's perceived purity- one doesn't read that reasoning often.

quite enlightening. the beauty of fan fiction is that one can see characters and situations from a completely different perspective.

a pleasure,

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
that one chicken chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
I adore this little number; it's pure gold, my friend. I'm not sure why, but I thought that the demon spawn part in #9 was priceless. I loved the idea of Kenshin sending morons who challenge him to Hiko, too. Now that would make an awesome oneshot. Would you mind if I borrowed it one of these days?

My favourites have to be truths #14, and #20.

You're very talented and insightful, I look forward to more of your work.

Ayesha
AlterEgoSadist chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This is a great story, very entertaining to read. You did an absolutely wonderful job potraying Kenshin's thoughts & feelings: The sentences themselves express so much emotion in just a few words. I loved your take on this, it's very insightful and contemplative. Who knew Kenshin thought so deeply about himself? Then again, he's been through a lot, hence it's only natural he would start mulling over his own life. A few grammatical mistakes here and there, but nothing too major. Overall, a beautiful story, nicely constructed.

And, personally, I never get tired of reading this. I even think of it when I'm in class, heh.

Keep up the fantastic work, alright? You're a talented writer!
tenken22 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Very new and unique take on Kenshin's psyche. The only part I kind of disagreed with was the one regarding his masks and how he doesn't know which personality is truly his... As far as I can remember, Hiko did mention that the will to live will keep him safe, and being safe and happy in turn will make him understand his true being and never take life for granted again.

So in a way, it can probably be said that Kenshin doesn't really care who he was, but he is happy and content with who he is.

Meh, that's just my opinion. All in all, a very great read. Good work!
Heroii chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
OH MY GOODNESS! Mieko-dono, this is amazing! I love all these personal facts about Kenshin! I find it awe-ing that you can write so well about something you like! It's a good ability to have. Thank you for these facts, as they both were comical, and...meaningful. Did you mix information from the series with your own personal opinion?(1.i havent finished the series yet, so i wouldnt know things considered, your opinion on this topic is practically FACT)I plan to read your other stories as soon as possible and review as much as I can. Arigoto, Mieko-dono!
snake chapter 1 . 11/28/2009