Reviews for Amends, or Truth and Reconciliation
anotherSad0 chapter 1 . 4/1
WHY would Harry decide to cover all of Rons expenses of the Gringotts incident out only part of Hermiones? That's just stupid Harry Bashing

1.5/10
Sara chapter 69 . 12/28/2021
Just .. coming to say that this is still one of my favorite stories ever, and I recommend the hell out of it even unfinished (I just did today), and that this is still as fabulous as it was when last I read it. And thank you for all of it, bringing it this far.
Whowantsout chapter 26 . 8/16/2021
ah wtf was that? where do i start?
s-david-m chapter 69 . 8/11/2021
An interesting story for sure. Wish we could all find out how it ends!
s-david-m chapter 64 . 8/10/2021
There's a duplicate part here where Draco and Hermione are talking about trouncing each other in potions. The part where Draco says he's doomed.

Also, I feel like previous chapters struck a better balance between their weird relationship and moving the plot forward, this one had too much of the former. But maybe you just put most of it here to leave only the good stuff left.
Rain chapter 69 . 8/6/2021
this was an amazing ride - i'm a little distraught it is over, but i love what there is.
Rain chapter 33 . 8/5/2021
Don't know if you're still looking at this, just wanted to say: I've been binging this fic for the past couple of days and I love it! Your Hermione is one of my favourite versions of her, and the rest of the cast is great as well. So much development, it's lovely.
s-david-m chapter 31 . 8/6/2021
Good story so far. I don't really like the constant switching of point of view, but it's clear enough to get the point across.

I don't really get why Neville's is so worked up with the kids and Harry's Crucio. I mean, if he explained this to Harry I think Harry would be suitably ashamed and tell the kids so, which would solve the problem.

Looking forward tto seeingwhere you go with this!
Guest chapter 69 . 3/30/2021
This is still so fantastic on reread—and I’m a former Machiavelli scholar, so that’s very high political praise—but damn do I want the ending! I assume it’s permanently abandoned, but Hermione is virtu itself!
Samira chapter 1 . 2/6/2021
This is such a great piece, I'm heartbroken its unfinished. I've read a lot of very good hp fanfiction but this is out and out my favourite even without an ending. Hermione as a properly complex heroine and a storyline that truly considers consequences. Brilliant!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/24/2020
My name is Zahra it's so cool to see ethnic even though it's not part of the story still made me feel great.
Aldy 97 chapter 69 . 8/23/2020
I don't know if you are going to finish this, but I won't loose hope! I haven't add it to my favourites yet, because I want to wait until it's finished, but I have to be honest and say that it *is* one of my favourite fanfics. The plot is amazing, the characters are wonderfully developed. And I actually procrastinated finishing it because I didn't want it to end it, which never happened to me before. Hope to see an update!
Blea chapter 69 . 5/30/2020
Wow this is an incredible story! The plot just keeps blowing my mind at every step, with so many things happening, yet all of them making sense, and moving forward, solving things as we discover new problems.
And this questions so many things in the HP universe I never thought about (or at least not as much as I have before). The biggest example is the dementors, making them a hive is incredible, and how the Ministry itself is one, and what it means for dissolution. Then how Molly could be dosing people with Amortentia because it fits her view of the world, and how that would explain Tonks having a baby so fast. Then how Draco is so weak physically, but also definitely not in a good place mentally, and how this makes so much sense to explain who he was, and how his actions brought him here.
And Hermione, still taking on to much, but learning to rely on adults more, but still having to distrust them (and I love what you did with Derwent: I went from fully trusting her, to questionning her more and more, just as does Hermione), and how even Mc Gonagall may be not perfect now, why would she give Hermione the time turner? And so many things about Hermione, linking the non magical and magical world, bringing things from on to the other.
And the Ministry, how it still is corrupted and how it just cannot be changed. And especially there: why was Shacklbolt made Minister? I have so many theories now, and I love how you foreshadowed so much about how restricted he is, but we still don't know to what extent.
And then Neville, how you question so much of his upbringing and how it made him, and you show him as this stone god 5I love this expression-, and then show him breakng down to start again.
And then pretty much every single idea there is in there.
(I imagine you with a gigantic wall, coevered with pieces of plot, and drawing lines between all of them, and being a thousand steps ahead of me, a mere mortal!) It is just incredible how much thought there is going into this story, questionning everything, and thinking through every character, I simply cannot understand how you did that, this is just incredible!
And that was just talking about the plot (and let me say that again, this plot is incredible and amazing and I love it and admire you forever for thinking of it, or borrowing parts of it and linking them all together in such a thoughtfull way, in such a logical and believable story), but the writing is incredible as well. Alternating between Hermione journal and 3rd person point of view, linking both of them without losing us anywhere. And just all of it flows, and I spent 2 days reading all of this non stop, and was never "thrown out" of the story by a sentence/piece of dialog with a not natural ring to it, and this was so enjoyable, to be able to "plunge" in your story and never come back out until the end.

So thank you so much for writing this story so far, it is the best piece of fanfiction (and amongst the best pieces of fiction in general) I have read to this day, and I am not sure I'll find something that compares to it anytime soon, be it in the quality of the plot, the amount of questionning it creates in me about how things are/could have been, or quality of story telling!
emma chapter 1 . 5/7/2020
This story is possibly my favorite fanfic I've ever read. I just finished it for the third time and there's so much here I love: the deepening darkness of the HP universe, the network of power brokers and the different types of power, the consideration of morality in a magical world, the interpersonal relationships strained, twisted, or strengthened by the immense stress of the situation. Not to mention the many threads of plot woven together, as Hermione strains to do what needs to be done in all of them, by giving herself enough time. Every character here is flawed, allegiances shift, and ultimately this feels like a realistic characterization of the postwar. All of these considerations at once is how people live their life, and though this universe is not our own, on my most recent read I could feel the tension of reform vs. revolution, agency and accountability, reverberate through our own political world as well as theirs. It's much easier to blame a few high-profile people for their crimes than dig out the systemic rot and corruption. Thank you for writing this - I'm glad I have it to come back to, and I'm sure I'll be back sometime.
CRoseSing chapter 69 . 3/29/2020
Oh no! Incomplete right at the pinnacle of the conflict. Well, it is absolutely superb writing, and I know the risk I take when I begin an incomplete work. This is an incredibly complex story, and there are so many things I want to know the outcomes of! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. This is an amazing story bc it represents the underlying corrupt government that allowed the war brutalities to take place, and people working through PTSD and flawed choices, but is hopeful as alliances build and people work together to save each other and the world they want to live in.
1,265 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »