Reviews for I Still Try to Find My Place
Mercy Rule chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
As much as I find it terribly unoriginal and irritating for writers to use nothing but the reboot scenes and dialogues in their work, it's even worse when you can't get what was said and done in the movie right. Not only do I personally feel it shows a complete lack of imagination, it also shows that you don't care enough to even go back and look at your source for correctness.

Please learn to spell. 'Gunna' is not a word. And while it's not grammatically correct, it is much easier to look at something written as 'gonna' instead. Also, grammatically, this thing's a mess. The first letter of a sentence needs to be capitalized, and you should find yourself a grammar book or two that would outline the proper use of quotation marks and the punctuation that goes along with them.

You really need to develop your OC - she's quite unimpressive and one dimensional. Her strong point is that, as of now, she's not flirting with the dreaded Mary Sue label, but how she magically fell for McCoy in the span of a few days (and he for her) is very implausible in my mind.

And finally, lose the chaptered author's note. Not only is it against the site's TOS, it's an annoyance to people who've uploaded real chapters for others to read. If you feel the need to post an announcement about your fic, I urge you to use your profile. That's what it's for. ;)
MobMotherScitah chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I like the start and would like to see more. I'd like to see Cal and Kirk gain this odd oldersister/mother-Son/brother relationship between them, which would inevitably pull her and Bones together. It would definitely be interesting to see.

-Scitah
patriotgirl101 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Love the way this story sounds! Please update soon.