Reviews for The Bells Toll
wishIwereanime chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
wow, really good job :D

seriously, i wish it were longer :3
rini anointed436 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
This is such a harsh reality that you've depicted in this one-shot, Demi. The atmosphere is icy cold. Their love for money has turned them into such heartless individuals-like the Host Club treating Haruhi as just something disposable, a mere object than a human-being. It seems like they're just using Haruhi until she can no longer carry on her duties and don't actually consider her as a "friend." Avarice...one of the deadly sins. It's turn this world into one twisted reality. People in power become corrupted because of mammon. Money doesn't bring one true happiness because of the constant thirst in materialistic wants, and they keep on suffering. One's view on reality can be distorted from money, creating illusions. People tend to take things for granted. That is the moral to this story. This kind of reminds me of the King Midas story.

"Blonde" is used for females and "blond," for males.

Thanksgiving 2010 is coming up. I'm looking forward to the feasting but not Black Friday. That's one crazy day for shoppers. The safety of others (especially the employees) is something to worry about...just like the bad news I heard last year.
yamaharuka chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
it was short yet deep

with a message for us all

I do believe that humanity itself created a monster which one call

greed...

I truthfully enjoyed your fic and I hope that more readers would understand
puffysalmander chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Great story it is so moving and what you said at the end was brillant. Happy Late Thanksgiving.
AbsoluteAddiction-x chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Oh my gosh. That was beautifully written, and the depth was astounding.

What you're saying is - unfortunately - very true; people are now willing to just about anything for money. The fact that we have gotten to the point where this is the case saddens me greatly.

I think you have portrayed that extremely well here.

It caused great emotion in me (if that makes sense) just with the very fact that they are so emotionless about the situation they are in; a funeral, but they don't mourn.

Once again, amazing, sorry if i misunderstood this, but this is how it came off to me. Whatever your intent, well done!
DragonShine chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
I was surprised by how deep this went. Seeing as I just woke up and was looking for a quick read, this is not surprising. Still, it's good and really made me stop and think. I do have a lot to be thankful for besides material things. Ah, look at me; I'll be waxing philosophical before you know it.

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!
axkobsessed chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Wow, this was a really brilliant story, if not a little(or very) sad one. I really love the poetic verses3

And yeah I agree, money is a little overrated in society now, so this was a very insightful piece.

Keep up the great work!
Yay for Yaoi chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
I really like this. It was short, but I feel it working on me. I'm too tired to make any guesses, but yea. The Host Club, even if they are real people, are fake as well. Not in the sense of their fictional, but they go around pretending like they care for each girl who comes their way...but they don't. The probably wouldn't even know their names in the hallway unless Kyouya was there with his clipboard and a reminder.

I'm also thinking that with this, you're kind of saying that you have to be emotionally distant from someone in order to get money or not. Like, one day, if they get in the way of what you want, then you have to crush them and not look back. But I don't know. I'm really tired and I have to work tomorrow. XD Anyway, good job and I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.