Reviews for In Which the Princess Rescues the Dragon
Airlady chapter 44 . 11/7/2010
What an awesome and frightening duel. The final curse was appropriate.
Airlady chapter 43 . 11/7/2010
Draco in the pub - well done.
iMissHP chapter 44 . 11/7/2010
I'm truly impressed by your skills in writing a duel scene. I'm easily distracted when reading this kind of things, but here I can tell you I was not.

Molly's character was more than frightening here. In the end, I didn't see her as a human, a mother but as a monster, a gorgon.

Andromeda was a true Slytherin in the end. I was surprised by her calculated yet 'gentle' attack that seemed to me more of a Ravenclaw than a Slytherin, but the ending didn't disappoint me. She ends the weaker yet she has the final word (stroke), the one that will stay forever.

It's an amazing chapter! I truly enjoyed reading it.
Swallow B chapter 44 . 11/7/2010
That was a masterly chapter. The duel was incredibly good, going into every possible detail without being boring. I suspect many other authors, even well-known writers, would have had me skipping the details to find out the conclusion, but I didn't. I felt I was right there with Andromeda. Molly annoyed me as much as she annoyed her. As you present it, duelling doesn't seem like the awful thing I had always thought it to be. It can be even therapeutic, harnessing the fury and hatred into disciplined behaviour. And the conclusion came as a surprise. Well done. The punishment is more symbolic than physically effective, I think, because I doubt Molly would have had more children, but symbols and potential are very important in the wizarding Pureblood world. Molly loses some of her 'value', so to speak.
Nongarak chapter 44 . 11/6/2010
Hot damn! While it doesn't seem like there was very much action in the fight, you disguised it well with a very interesting look into Andromeda's thought process during the battle. Very cool. I'm not sure what effect sterility is really going to have on Molly, though. Isn't she done with kids? Her youngest is almost 20 now, I don't think she'd really be game for any more.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOD.
L.A.H.H chapter 44 . 11/5/2010
Excellent! Even better than I was expecting. I loved the detaisl about her duelling tutor, and Bella's duelling style. Thanks for updating. x
kerplank chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
Alright, I forgive you for leaving me with that last cliffhanger. JUST BECAUSE THIS CHAPTER WAS SOOO GOOD! Gah, from parting thoughts/words of Andromeda to Molly, to the actual duel bits, to Andromeda's thinking on her childhood/culture. So good. So yeah, I am crazy pleased with this chapter.
WeatherWatch chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
Boom.

That last line was perfectly delivered.

It's like watching a movie with a voiceover sometimes, reading your stories. There's a layering that really makes the story. Andromeda's thoughts and stream of consciousness is so intriguing, it really pulls you in and endears her to you (though she quite frightens you, too).

I had a rather innapropriate giggle-fest after reading "deft hops and kicks, rather like the steps of jig". I couldn't get the image of Molly doing that out of my head.

Brilliant chapter. Andromeda might have said she was satisfied, but I don't think that's ever going to truly happen. Molly took her daughter's free will.

Amazing. As usual. The quality keeps rising. :)
Shadow82ABN chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
WOW. Excellent update as usual. I didn't expect what happened in the end at all. Molly and her meddling cost her dearly. The only thing that could have been worse was cursing the Weasley male line with sterility, thus ending the line in a few years. Ginny would not give birth to Weasley children. Andromeda only wanted an apology and what she got was a snapshot of how seriously fucked up the wizarding world really is. Imagine Molly calling Andromeda inbred when she is pureblood herself? Somehow, she can rationalize her bloodline when the Blacks can't? I look forward to where you go with this next. Harry, Bill, and Ginny finding out what was said and confronting Molly would be the ultimate embarrasment for Molly and her machinations.
iMissHP chapter 43 . 11/4/2010
I planed on reading both chapters and then review, but I had to notice this: "Audrey found Percy Weasley fanciable". How much I loved this!

What is impressive with your story is that you create interest for the plot and all its minor divisions. It feels very complete. Great chapter!
silverbirch chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
Where to start? Molly, I think.

Once more you've put me in mind of Nevil Shute and his strangest book; Round the Bend. In it we meet a man who MAY be the reincarnation of God (in whatever religion you follow) OR a bloody good aircraft mechanic who knows how to motivate his staff. It is sometimes hard to tell them apart. Either way, he resisted the temptation to do good.

A pity Molly didn't. In this story I've thrown my theories into the ring along with everyone else; mad, bad, dangerous, power hungry, dynasist. I missed the obvious one. She wanted to do what she thought was right - what she KNEW was right. She wanted to do good. Molly the mother, and mother knows best. "I knew what she needed so there wasn't any need to ask." "Quite a sad thing, that other women's children loved me more than my own. Or at least minded me better."

Oh dear, I wish it had been one of the others. Is there anything sadder than a mother who sufocates her children with so much love they have to push away from her in order to survive? "I can always tell when my Mother-in-law's coming to stay; the mice start throwing themselves on the traps." Les Dawson - or Fleur Weasley. It is sometimes hard to tell them apart.

Andromeda's punishment is awful. I doubt Molly intended to have more children, but that isn't the point. For Molly there is a world of difference between "choosing" and "not being able". It could destroy her, and that isn't anything to cheer about. I think this is the most brilliantly devistating chapter you've ever written.

The duel itself - gasps of admiration. You kept it so clinical; there was nothing madcap about the writing. It wasn't a Saturday night brawl at throwing-out time. I can see where the experience of fencing and martial arts comes in. Controlled aggression without violence, and always the art to the fore.

Stunned.
Imperial Dragon chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
The duel was amazing,and the part about eight children threw me. Will you ever explain further what happened to poor Edward the Squib?
Sarah1281 chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
Oh, very nice chapter. The revelation about Edward-the-squib was very interesting. I wonder what happened to him. It looks like even the Weasleys aren't immune to the problems that the Malfoys were having, even if they dind't have nearly the same extent. I'm glad Andromeda won the duel. The sad thing is, I could actually see where Molly was coming from here even if I think she was way out of line.
The Breeze chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
Pretty weird, because it reads like a combination of naval literature of the 19th century with all the dualing ettiquette mixed with magic. I say "weird" as in I haven't seen it done this well before; you've obviously done some homework on this chapter and it makes it really, really cool, like a successful mixture of two genres.
Guest chapter 43 . 11/1/2010
A very humourous and heartwarming chapter, until the second half, at least.

Audrey is a hoot! A very fun-loving girl, and extremely attractive in her own way.

Draco and his roving eye was hilarious - though repulsive at the same time - but I suppose I cant blame him much. He is a teenager, after all.

You paint a very vivid picture of Pureblood ways, and the lush details are always a pleasure to read.

Cant wait to find out who will win the duel; and I hope it doesnt come as a surprise that I am rooting for Andromeda. I really hope Molly gets her arse handed on a platter to her. Molly really comes across as very unrepentant, and hence undeserving of sympathy.

Thank you very much, and waiting eagerly for the next instalment to know the result/s of the duel.
629 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »