Reviews for In Which the Princess Rescues the Dragon
M chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Oh hail, thou Queen of the cliffie.

Do I get an inkling that the supposedly noble Griff is going to try dirty tricks during the duel?
ReaderinthePNW chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Ahhh! Oh, wonderful cliff! I want to jump off of it and fly! This is marvelous, very evocative imagery in this chapter, and I can't wait to find out what's happened- marvelous!
kaycross1184 chapter 42 . 10/19/2010
I love how you incorporate other fanfics as if they are canon. Keep up the good writing, And update soon, please.
kaycross1184 chapter 17 . 10/18/2010
So far I have mixed opinions on this story. I thought it would be interesting at the first chapter, but as I continued reading, I've actually become a little bored and toyed with not finishing it, except that then I'd bug myself to death not knowing how it ended. I LOVE the way you've written it. It's from Andromeda's POV but in 3rd person, which isn't anything unusual, except that the voice you've written in is almost like the world is passing her by and she's just observing it in a very dispassionate and almost jaded "I've seen all this before" way. How you've managed to get that kind of tone baffles me, but kudos to you for doing so. And I have to say, this latest plot development with stealth technology and enemy spies is AMAZING.
Airlady chapter 42 . 10/12/2010
This is such an amazing dance of manners. Poor Millicent.
iMissHP chapter 42 . 10/4/2010
I'll be honest and say that I don't know what to comment about that chapter. You install the darkness of those times a little more, you state the character in their complexity even more. Like always you bring some 'light' to the chapter with your characters and dynamics, but the background is not forgotten.

Great chapter!
Escalus chapter 42 . 10/3/2010
As always, so much to comment on and I can never concentrate on one thing long enough.

Anyways.

I thought this was a sharp chapter, and I've been looking forward to Millicent's interview for a while. It feels a bit rushed, but not entirely out of place.

Um. Is Felicitas really that stupid? Really?
Nongarak chapter 42 . 10/2/2010
Well! A chapter, indeed. I can't wait for the duel and the pool! Draco's going crazy, I can tell it. I'm also looking forward to the NEWTS.
silverbirch chapter 42 . 10/1/2010
I have to jump back to Chapter 41 - I told you it took me a while to catch up

… repeated use of the Unforgivable Curses on Pureblood and Half-blood witches and wizards…

Is that ONLY because there weren't any mu...muggleborns around at the time? Knowing you, I doubt it.

So, on to the next chapter. If good writing were calories I'd be as round as a barrel. Where do I start?

Draco and Millicent. No, not a fashion. All teenagers are obnoxious gits no matter which side of the border they come from.

Draco's view of the bottle is that it is probably more acceptable than ending up in the closed ward at St Mungo's. He'll need one outlet or the other before March arrives because he has to maintain the facade even (especially) now. the true Draco cannot be let loose.

Horace (and we know his little secret) is in a rather uneviable position. You think of somebody like Konrad Adenauer who was still, after all was said and done, German. A snake will always be a snake from now on.

Three cheers, once again, for Augusta's robust approach to life. A quick slap and buck up solves far more problems than it's given credit for. We'll have none of this Jonny Foreigner emotion. I think of all the characters you've created (yes, I know Rowling NAMED them, but you've given them life) she is the most spectacular. Were I not happily married...

She should have used it on Diggory. The man is a cad and scoundrel of the highest order and I think a knee would do just as well as a wand. He really did irritate me enormously. I wonder where he hid during the war?

PS I know of one cat that would be a perfect Ravenclaw - if it were not for his Gryffindor bravery or Hufflepuff charm!

PPS Brilliant use of Swallow B's story, which was excellent and went straight on to my favourites.
L.A.H.H chapter 42 . 10/1/2010
Wonderful chapter! Thanks for updating x
tenoh27 chapter 42 . 10/1/2010
A lovely chapter with all sorts of undercurrents; the information given all-around before the visit to Millicent was very illuminating.

It is always a happy occassion to know that there are some Slytherins of worthy, and Tracey Davis has always appeared to be a very fascinating character, if only because she was mentioned and then nothing else. I have come across stories in which the less notable members of Slytherin House were portrayed empathetically; happy to see it here as well.

It is really good to know that Snape got his Order of Merlin, First Class. Nobody deserved it more than him.

LOL at Augustas comeback at Felicitas (what a name, LOL...). Hers is a really fascinating and humour-laden character, and her appearance is always a joy to read.

Thank you very much and eagerly anticipating the next update.
Swallow B chapter 42 . 9/30/2010
Again a lot of stuff in this chapter. I hope to see more of your Slughorn. The little of him we got to see makes him very human and likeable despite his faults. He really does care and he feels bad about his mistakes.

And Felicitas Diggory - how clueless can one be, to tell Andromeda she is as fanciable as Bellatrix ! I loved Augusta's "you're a second to a witches' duel, my lad, not a beau at a Pureblood ball". He, like Nigel Black, thinks he is in a completely different sort of novel.

"If cats were witches, they'd all sort into Slytherin House." I'm not sure, thinking of McGonagall and Umbridge, whom Silver Sailor Ganymede put very convincingly in Hufflepuff (I also like that idea because it shows that all 'evil' characters don't have to be Slytherins). Anyway, cats in the wizarding world is another interesting subject to explore.

I like the fact that you are incorporating other authors' stories in your own, including mine and also Silver Sailor Ganymede's. It gives a very nice feeling of companionship, of working together, which is a bit mind-boggling when one stops to think that we are all scattered at different points of the globe.
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 41 . 9/30/2010
Voldemort's third is indeed ridiculous. Draco certainly never would have been able to take his place. Goes to show how the Ministry is often as little the side of right as the Dark Lord was.

Dean, Luna, and Teddy were sweet in this chapter. I like how you have so many of the younger generation spending time with Teddy; he's surely a much needed diversion from the twisted politics they've woven themselves into.

Molly ridiculing the tradition of dueling is interesting ... she's certainly a nontraditional woman, although no matter how much I understand your characterization of her, it's still hard for me to reconcile your Molly with JKR's. There's so much resemblance between them, and like I said, I get it - it's just odd seeing her as a flawed, almost villianous, less than matronly character.

Lovely chapter. I love the complexities of this story :)
Escalus chapter 41 . 9/22/2010
Interesting way to start and end the chapter. Also, uh, wow. trumped up charges, to say the least.

Seems like Molly's becoming an increasingly unpleasant character too :

"So you're going to take up for me as if I were a rogue Hippogriff,"-Kekekekekekekekeke...
tenoh27 chapter 41 . 9/21/2010
I am not exactly sure why, but it is heartening to see Hermione and Neville going through with their promise; they are honorable to the core. ;)

(Not that Harry doesnt show signs of that sometimes, but I digress... LOL...)

I have to LOL at Hermiones invective, though... because she is always portrayed as such a proper girl that anytime she swears in front of others, its delightfully fun and dirty... not to mention about Draco being the No. 3...LOL... I definitely agree with a previous reviewer who commented that he was most likely the last... but I doubt LV had any succession list... ;)

Loved too, the reference to their 3rd year and Hermiones defence of the Hippogriff...;)

A gratifying chapter, thank you! More, please...
603 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »