Reviews for In Which the Princess Rescues the Dragon
kaycross1184 chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Oh, cliffie. You evil, evil person, you.
SJ chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Great chapter. But what a cliffhanger!
Rageful Jewel chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Another well-written chapter. I was especially happy that we, the readers, have finally gotten to the duel between Andromeda and Molly.

I have to ask though, is the Audrey that is Tonk's cousin, the same one that ends up married to Percy? I ask because I just now made the connection between the name and canon (according the JKR) spouse of Percy Weasley.
WeatherWatch chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Bit of a cliffhanger at the end there! (I really hope Andromeda wipes the floor with Molly.)

I feel rather fond of this chapter; Draco in the muggle world, surrounded by sort-of family, and friendly people. It was nice. The Bowie comment made me laugh. It comes up surprisingly often, and I agree with it completely - the older Draco in my head is, wierdly enough, fashioned after the Goblin King (but with less voluminous hair).

I liked Audrey, too. Madam Rosmerta is a good comparison. I saw her more than Tonks.

Great chapter, as usual :)
L.A.H.H chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Oh, I was glued to every word. I loved Audrey as a character, you painted her so vividly, and also I loved how you wrote the beginning of this duel. I look forward to more. Thank you for writing such wonderful chapters! x
silverbirch chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Draco should feel comfortable with "retro" clothes - he is the ultimate young fogey. Yet this could be his world, where even non-magical muggles can talk about Quidditch, as if they knew something about it. There is something rather pitiful about it/him in that scene - an end of Empire, which is a very good thing. Isn't it? Given his fogeyness, he could also be David Bowie, or maybe Brian Eno. Nigel Black thought he was an art student, after all. That is because he so obviously doesn't fit into his surroundings. "Prince Hal in Eastcheap". You have a true ability to capture the essence of what is happening, though he isn't perhaps into carousing just yet, if ever.

Audrey certainly has a touch of Dora about her, no doubt some hero worship went on there. I never quite took to Tonks in the books, and Audrey is the same. How much is image, and how much is real? I'm too old-fashioned, I suppose. Anyway, women shouldn't drink pints. They either can't do it properly and it looks wrong, or they can do it properly and it looks wrong. I don't think she and Draco would be a marriage made in heaven; they would find each other very hard work.

Then the duel. NO! You can't leave it there! Throw a sicky next week! The detail of the ritual was so well written, even to the classical styles used in different cultures. It seems that the form is more important than the outcome, yet Andromeda isn't content with JUST a disablement. The satisfaction of honour is the true point of it. I loved the descriptions. A dance indeed.

I have no idea how it turn out, or if teh conclusion will be a conclusion. There is much at stake. You've taken Molly to extraordinary places in this story, but she's still the woman who gave Harry a hug and let him cry at the end of GoF. What a to do! I suspect there are further twists to come.

Once again you have done terrible, yet wonderful, things to our emotions.
kerplank chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
GAH! You are a terrible person. Getting me excited for the duel, and then leaving me hanging? Goodness.

Loved this chapter. Draco and his attempts to uphold his values, cannot help but to relax them. Wonderful explorations of a teen's hidden or not so hidden ways of flirting/expressing interest.

Very glad to see an update! Now I just cannot wait for the next one!
M chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Oh hail, thou Queen of the cliffie.

Do I get an inkling that the supposedly noble Griff is going to try dirty tricks during the duel?
ReaderinthePNW chapter 43 . 10/30/2010
Ahhh! Oh, wonderful cliff! I want to jump off of it and fly! This is marvelous, very evocative imagery in this chapter, and I can't wait to find out what's happened- marvelous!
kaycross1184 chapter 42 . 10/19/2010
I love how you incorporate other fanfics as if they are canon. Keep up the good writing, And update soon, please.
kaycross1184 chapter 17 . 10/18/2010
So far I have mixed opinions on this story. I thought it would be interesting at the first chapter, but as I continued reading, I've actually become a little bored and toyed with not finishing it, except that then I'd bug myself to death not knowing how it ended. I LOVE the way you've written it. It's from Andromeda's POV but in 3rd person, which isn't anything unusual, except that the voice you've written in is almost like the world is passing her by and she's just observing it in a very dispassionate and almost jaded "I've seen all this before" way. How you've managed to get that kind of tone baffles me, but kudos to you for doing so. And I have to say, this latest plot development with stealth technology and enemy spies is AMAZING.
Airlady chapter 42 . 10/12/2010
This is such an amazing dance of manners. Poor Millicent.
iMissHP chapter 42 . 10/4/2010
I'll be honest and say that I don't know what to comment about that chapter. You install the darkness of those times a little more, you state the character in their complexity even more. Like always you bring some 'light' to the chapter with your characters and dynamics, but the background is not forgotten.

Great chapter!
Escalus chapter 42 . 10/3/2010
As always, so much to comment on and I can never concentrate on one thing long enough.

Anyways.

I thought this was a sharp chapter, and I've been looking forward to Millicent's interview for a while. It feels a bit rushed, but not entirely out of place.

Um. Is Felicitas really that stupid? Really?
Nongarak chapter 42 . 10/2/2010
Well! A chapter, indeed. I can't wait for the duel and the pool! Draco's going crazy, I can tell it. I'm also looking forward to the NEWTS.
610 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »