Reviews for In Which the Princess Rescues the Dragon
Guest chapter 43 . 8/27/2012
Please win, Andromeda, please win, please win,
Guest chapter 40 . 8/27/2012
The traditional remedy? This seems sure to be fascinating.
Guest chapter 39 . 8/27/2012
What a fascinating chapter. Justin must've had a tough time of it, adjusting from being the creme de la creme to being a Mudblood. You write upper class interaction so well- from personal experience?

"Andromeda smiles again, thinking how very much Justin's mother resembles the traditional Slytherin, even down to the inclination to Healing. Cleverness and restraint and skillful means, the water that flows and soothes rather than the fire that devours…" And see, THAT is the way to write a Slytherin house that isn't the clear villain of the piece. If only JK had taken this tack.
Guest chapter 38 . 8/27/2012
Insolence indeed. How CAN she be so flippant about it?
Guest chapter 37 . 8/27/2012
OH SHIT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN.

Also, you tell him, Andromeda. TREAT HERMIONE BETTER.

Also, Harry being godfatherly and telling Ron to not swear about Teddy is adorable.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 36 . 8/27/2012
Nigel Black, the insolence. You might have tried to rape Hermione, and then she saved your ungrateful little ass, and you aren't smart enough to LET IT GO... sigh. Although it'll be interesting if this comes up as a plot point again.

"(It's instinctively Muggle-born, that sort of threat: point-blank with a wand is anything within twelve paces, but Hermione is driving it home as if she were wielding a firearm.)" While I still love the psychological thriller aspects of this story most, the cultural worldbuilding is really excellent, especially when it pops up in these little asides. I never thought about the cultural differences before, but wow, Muggleborns WILL act so differently on so many little things, the lack of a proper instinctive flinch to a wand out at twelve paces being one of them...
ilikebluepineapples chapter 35 . 8/27/2012
Slytherin is the best house.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 34 . 8/27/2012
If I were Andromeda I would want to kill Molly. She's indirectly responsible for Tonk's death. Let's hope a duel is a big deal and it's shameful to lose, at least, although I'm not sure what to think of a tradition of retribution where the best witches can never be held accountable (because they'd win the duels)...
ilikebluepineapples chapter 31 . 8/27/2012
The thought that Molly snared Arthur with Amortentia makes my blood run cold. This is a date rape drug. How can she /joke/ about that? But then, she also used it. But somehow the thought of using it on your own behalf is worse...
ilikebluepineapples chapter 30 . 8/27/2012
Hmm. How do the duels work? Surely it's not a duel to the death...?
ilikebluepineapples chapter 29 . 8/27/2012
I LOVE PERCY.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 27 . 8/27/2012
I think I'm in love with Percy.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 26 . 8/27/2012
Oh WOW what an emotionally explosive chapter. Too many awesome lines to even quote, but I especially loved these:

"The undercurrents in this house are nearly unbearable; how could she have missed that George hates his brother with an undying passion; if he could resurrect his twin by killing Percy, he'd have the sacrificial knife out and cut his throat right there in Molly's front room." -fucking terrifying

Xeno is just unbelievably heartwarming.

"Harry's jealousy is not sexual or romantic, but the bad feeling of an estranged brother who is being ignored by his sister. She knows that expression; she saw it more than once on the face of her cousin Sirius at family gatherings, and it was usually Cissy and Bella who provoked it, long after he'd declared that he didn't care what a pair of Pureblood princesses said about him." Oh, poor Sirius. And they killed him.

"His expression is bitter, as if he's thinking of something that makes him terribly sad and angry at the same time, but which pride will not allow him to speak." I'm amazed, once again, by how well you convey bitterness.

"Andromeda hears that low, rasping sound that would be weeping, if it were anyone else. That's the thing they have in common, Harry and Ginny: they're very stoic in public, and when they do weep, it doesn't sound like tears, but blood." I can hear this sound in my head right now, and it is awful. And fantastic. Thank you for giving me this for my internal soundtrack to life :)

I'm finding Harry much more sympathetic now than from Amends, seeing him defend her to Ginny... and it really IS unfair, how Hermione is so much angrier at him than at Ron, but I do understand. Although it annoys me how Ron gets a free pass from everyone.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 25 . 8/27/2012
Supposing Molly did succeed in snaring Hermione back, what DID she plan to do with Lavender? And with Ron, for that matter, who is presumably attached to Lavender?

"If one had a taste for icy truth, this could become an addiction as well: a swift dose of the cold light of day." Perfect. So evocative.

Amortentia should be classified with the Unforgivables. It's easily as bad as Imperius. In fact I think the whole idea of Unforgivables being worse than other spells is silly. You can kill someone without Avada, and coerce without Imperius. Crucio IS special though, in that there wouldn't be a better way to cause pain than to simultaneously stimulate all the nerves in the body.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 24 . 8/27/2012
Andromeda is such a subtle, observant character. It's so much more peaceful reading her perspective, because even emotionally fraught occurrences, like her meetings with Draco and Narcissa/Lucius, don't tear the agony and rage out of her like they do Hermione.
603 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »