Reviews for In Which the Princess Rescues the Dragon
Palimpest chapter 44 . 6/19/2013
Draco's day out was a nice change of pace, as was the duel. That last curse was a striking choice.
Palimpest chapter 41 . 6/18/2013
The hippogriff was comment brilliant. The call-back to that time of hateful relationships would be an inside joke now, showing how their relationship has changed. The dark humour sits very well in condemned Draco.
Palimpest chapter 23 . 6/14/2013
The story of Narcissa and the ginger suns was beautiful. Such life and childlike wonder, and the poignant effort of an older sister for her young sibling. It is a tale made even better by the fact that years from then there would be wars and blood and Pureblood problems, but that the moment of a simple bond shows them simply as children. It was incrdibly lovely, to see these characters in such innocence.
samijewell chapter 46 . 5/23/2013
Really truly one of the best post-war fanfics I have ever read. I don't normally read fics like this. In fact, it's the first I've read from Andromeda's point of view. I know real life gets in the way, but I do hope you finish this fic someday.
mekareami chapter 46 . 3/28/2013
I have enjoyed. This story and hope it rates an update soon :)
The Fantasy Spinner chapter 46 . 1/10/2013
Lovely, simply wonderful. Andromeda has that delightful air of sensibility I always imagined, with just the right touch of Black regality. I've never really imagined Hermione so- fierce, really, she's only ever seemed ferocious in her extremes. A different take, I suppose. Overworking Hermione seems quite plausible. On a side note... I don't mean to sound rude, but it seems every sharp-eyed Power seems to approve of your Hermione heartily. It would be interesting to introduce some other sort of female character, like perhaps a shallow celebrity who wants to wield h're influence to help werewolves after her sister gets attacked...or something. Great job, though! Nicely done.
revolution rae chapter 5 . 12/15/2012
this piece is wonderful so far. there are some problems with grammar & tense, but i assume those have all been pointed out by plenty of other people.

actually, i'm commenting mostly to say this: I LOVE YOUR PORTRAYAL OF THE WEASLEYS. it seems that so many people (honestly, myself included, sometimes) are too quick to treat them as the ideal family, when the truth is, they had a multitude of problems. so great job :)
Miss Mercury101 chapter 46 . 11/16/2012
I absolutely love this story! It's very interesting to read about what everyone's doing after the war to try and change the Wizarding World; after all, the disease that was behind Riddle's rise to power still hasn't been dealt with. Poor Hermione; I hope she listens to reason. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Syd-of-the-Funny-Hat chapter 46 . 9/24/2012
Based on the Author's note, there's still more to come on this, although I also feel a sort of...what's a nice word for the opposite of divergence? If there is one, it's escaping me. Dovetailing? Maybe that's the word I'm after-a nice dovetailing between this tale and emAmends/em. Which, come to think of it, would make perfect sense.

I'm looking forward to the tale continuing on both fronts. Excellent writing, excellent storytelling, and a very believable extension of the HP world based on things JKR wrote...and those she, perhaps most carefully, didn't.
Guest chapter 46 . 8/27/2012
Can't wait for the next update! Your dialogue is /fantastic/. Realistic yet dramatic.
Guest chapter 45 . 8/27/2012
Oh Nigel. You terrible person.
Guest chapter 44 . 8/27/2012
"You took my only child. I struck you sterile. You will be as a winter field, and spring will never come again."

Chills.
Guest chapter 43 . 8/27/2012
Please win, Andromeda, please win, please win,
Guest chapter 40 . 8/27/2012
The traditional remedy? This seems sure to be fascinating.
Guest chapter 39 . 8/27/2012
What a fascinating chapter. Justin must've had a tough time of it, adjusting from being the creme de la creme to being a Mudblood. You write upper class interaction so well- from personal experience?

"Andromeda smiles again, thinking how very much Justin's mother resembles the traditional Slytherin, even down to the inclination to Healing. Cleverness and restraint and skillful means, the water that flows and soothes rather than the fire that devours…" And see, THAT is the way to write a Slytherin house that isn't the clear villain of the piece. If only JK had taken this tack.
630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »