Reviews for In Which the Princess Rescues the Dragon
Guest chapter 37 . 8/27/2012
OH SHIT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN.

Also, you tell him, Andromeda. TREAT HERMIONE BETTER.

Also, Harry being godfatherly and telling Ron to not swear about Teddy is adorable.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 36 . 8/27/2012
Nigel Black, the insolence. You might have tried to rape Hermione, and then she saved your ungrateful little ass, and you aren't smart enough to LET IT GO... sigh. Although it'll be interesting if this comes up as a plot point again.

"(It's instinctively Muggle-born, that sort of threat: point-blank with a wand is anything within twelve paces, but Hermione is driving it home as if she were wielding a firearm.)" While I still love the psychological thriller aspects of this story most, the cultural worldbuilding is really excellent, especially when it pops up in these little asides. I never thought about the cultural differences before, but wow, Muggleborns WILL act so differently on so many little things, the lack of a proper instinctive flinch to a wand out at twelve paces being one of them...
ilikebluepineapples chapter 35 . 8/27/2012
Slytherin is the best house.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 34 . 8/27/2012
If I were Andromeda I would want to kill Molly. She's indirectly responsible for Tonk's death. Let's hope a duel is a big deal and it's shameful to lose, at least, although I'm not sure what to think of a tradition of retribution where the best witches can never be held accountable (because they'd win the duels)...
ilikebluepineapples chapter 31 . 8/27/2012
The thought that Molly snared Arthur with Amortentia makes my blood run cold. This is a date rape drug. How can she /joke/ about that? But then, she also used it. But somehow the thought of using it on your own behalf is worse...
ilikebluepineapples chapter 30 . 8/27/2012
Hmm. How do the duels work? Surely it's not a duel to the death...?
ilikebluepineapples chapter 29 . 8/27/2012
I LOVE PERCY.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 27 . 8/27/2012
I think I'm in love with Percy.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 26 . 8/27/2012
Oh WOW what an emotionally explosive chapter. Too many awesome lines to even quote, but I especially loved these:

"The undercurrents in this house are nearly unbearable; how could she have missed that George hates his brother with an undying passion; if he could resurrect his twin by killing Percy, he'd have the sacrificial knife out and cut his throat right there in Molly's front room." -fucking terrifying

Xeno is just unbelievably heartwarming.

"Harry's jealousy is not sexual or romantic, but the bad feeling of an estranged brother who is being ignored by his sister. She knows that expression; she saw it more than once on the face of her cousin Sirius at family gatherings, and it was usually Cissy and Bella who provoked it, long after he'd declared that he didn't care what a pair of Pureblood princesses said about him." Oh, poor Sirius. And they killed him.

"His expression is bitter, as if he's thinking of something that makes him terribly sad and angry at the same time, but which pride will not allow him to speak." I'm amazed, once again, by how well you convey bitterness.

"Andromeda hears that low, rasping sound that would be weeping, if it were anyone else. That's the thing they have in common, Harry and Ginny: they're very stoic in public, and when they do weep, it doesn't sound like tears, but blood." I can hear this sound in my head right now, and it is awful. And fantastic. Thank you for giving me this for my internal soundtrack to life :)

I'm finding Harry much more sympathetic now than from Amends, seeing him defend her to Ginny... and it really IS unfair, how Hermione is so much angrier at him than at Ron, but I do understand. Although it annoys me how Ron gets a free pass from everyone.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 25 . 8/27/2012
Supposing Molly did succeed in snaring Hermione back, what DID she plan to do with Lavender? And with Ron, for that matter, who is presumably attached to Lavender?

"If one had a taste for icy truth, this could become an addiction as well: a swift dose of the cold light of day." Perfect. So evocative.

Amortentia should be classified with the Unforgivables. It's easily as bad as Imperius. In fact I think the whole idea of Unforgivables being worse than other spells is silly. You can kill someone without Avada, and coerce without Imperius. Crucio IS special though, in that there wouldn't be a better way to cause pain than to simultaneously stimulate all the nerves in the body.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 24 . 8/27/2012
Andromeda is such a subtle, observant character. It's so much more peaceful reading her perspective, because even emotionally fraught occurrences, like her meetings with Draco and Narcissa/Lucius, don't tear the agony and rage out of her like they do Hermione.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 23 . 8/27/2012
Narcissa and Lucius are /fascinating/. I know this won't ever exist, but I would so totally read a spinoff of their experiences during the war. Or maybe not. It might be too depressing.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 22 . 8/26/2012
It's strange to think of Hermione as the moral bastion when we've had her perspective, in which she fears she's Dark Lord material.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 21 . 8/26/2012
We're here already? This is where Amends was at the 60th chapter or so! Wow.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 20 . 8/26/2012
I don't get this whole bond-slave thing- if it's just money, then Madam Longbottom would surely pay it off after she and Neville got married, and if it's more than money, then how on earth did Harry and Ron get out? She should be able to have kids, just not soon.

And this: "Whatever the hidden strain in the Granger line, it's blossomed into frightening power in the daughter, and that power will not be diminished in her descendants, whether she takes as their father a Pureblood or a Muggle-born or even, like Madam Longbottom in her first marriage, a plain Muggle." Such a wonderful sentence. I'm starting to think I have a power fetish...
629 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »