Reviews for In Which the Princess Rescues the Dragon
ilikebluepineapples chapter 11 . 8/26/2012
AH NEVILLE 3
ilikebluepineapples chapter 10 . 8/26/2012
"but this is a child imitating his mannerisms; he hasn't that knack of dropping the temperature to subzero with a look."

Awesome line.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 9 . 8/26/2012
It's so strange to me, this talk of Hermione being "not our kind," because I want to live in the book's surface world of "hey the good side is completely non-bigoted"... but that's impossible.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 8 . 8/26/2012
From this perspective I honestly love Ginny SO MUCH MORE. SO MUCH LOVE.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 7 . 8/26/2012
That's right Bill. TELL HIM.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Narcissa is such a fascinating character. In many ways I see her as Molly's foil, the strong pillar of her family who nonetheless doesn't lapse into being controlling or vindictive... so she's the good twin- how interesting, that the woman from the evil side is the good twin.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 4 . 8/26/2012
I don't understand Molly. How can clearly a brilliant and talented witch reduce herself to being a housewife and a matchmaker, with her male children not even really respecting her, and be satisfied with that? And be so honestly sexist towards young women... I just don't get it.
excessivelyperky chapter 45 . 7/26/2012
That would have followed Remus Lupin's tenure at Hogwarts, as would the prohibition against werewolves being employed in any capacity to do with wizarding children.

-Yes, what a sterling example of responsibility he set in his day, didn't he? Dumbledore did the werewolves no favor by covering for him and his friends at every opportunity.

As for Umbridge, why isn't she in Azkaban? It's a symbol of the rot in the Ministry that she isn't. What a pity that nobody exists who can say for sure who was really with Voldemort and who really was under Imperius.

Oh, wait, they let him die in the Shrieking Shack.

Say, how _are_ they managing the Slytherin problem (as in, 'they exist') at Hogwarts, anyway? Or is the Hat kind enough not to sort anyone there for just yet?
brooke-ella1990 chapter 46 . 5/6/2012
I found your story a couple of weeks ago and have been going along slowly while i finish up a semester of school.

-firstly, i love the way you took Andromeda, a character mentioned only a handful of times in the whole series and provided a different way of looking at the characters and the intrigue of their lives.

-i haven't really read anything that portrays Molly in such a way. her stories are just a mother/housewife angle. However, i like the way that she is doing these things because she believes them to be right. Even though she is wrong

-i love your perspective that Tonks was a lesbian, because it was a character angle i'd never considered before, and i do enjoy the angle. && the irony of Remus and Tonks both being gay and then falling in love because of the amortentia. interesting, especially since they were already such an unlikely couple/.

-i hope you pick up the story again soon. i have really enjoyed it. :) [and would definitely be curious to see what happens next!]
excessivelyperky chapter 44 . 4/15/2012
"You took my only child. I struck you sterile. You will be as a winter field, and spring will never come again."

-Yes. That is the one curse that will hurt Molly the most.

Perhaps Molly ought to ask herself how she managed to drive her children away.

But she won't.

And...Andromeda isn't that old. Her field is potentially still fertile, is it not?

Interesting author's note. Might I recommend A FREE MAN OF COLOR by Barbara Hambly? It begins another time-threatening mystery series, placed in pre-Civil War New Orleans. It's utterly fascinating (and Benjamin January's mother Livia would be a worthy, and frightening, addition to any pureblood society).
excessivelyperky chapter 43 . 4/10/2012
Narcissa was a child when she wrote that letter: she still thought that the thing one should miss about childhood was the toys, even though growing up meant that toys were supplanted by real things.

-And perhaps the toys were all she really had; with her different looks, she would have seemed the cuckoo in the nest.

I love your description of Draco; I read a fic once where his toddler picture showed his natural hairstyle to be Exploding Dandelion. I also adore how Audrey winds him up.

As for 'ferret', no doubt Andromeda would laugh when she heard how he was transformed into one and bounced against a wall by faux Moody. Cruel pranks are always funny when a Slytherin gets them, right?

I don't remember Hermione being in the pub; was she there, or did she just fade into the woodwork?

Andromeda is obviously grieving deeply for her daughter, and for Ted.

As for Ted's remark about the Herrenvolk-well, Dumbledore put a very heavy thumb on the scale for quite a long, for exactly that result. But it's _good_ when he does it. Rowling says so.

Of course Molly is unrepentant. She and hers are the product of decades of work convincing the Order et al that anything they do is right, as long as the victim is on the wrong side-or the perpetrator is on the right one. Just ask Marietta Edgecombe about that part.

Me, I'm surprised that the new trials are being conducted in a fairly civilized manner; one would think that the members of the Order would be out for vengeance the way they were the last time.

But then, Bartemius Crouch Sr., Alastor Moody, and Dumbledore are no longer in charge of them (and if one really thinks that Albus wasn't, just ask Sirius Black's ghost, if you can find him).

Of course Molly think she's right. She's the killer of Bella, and thinks Andromeda is more of the same-or worse yet, doesn't care, because, after all, anything she does is justified by her being who she is.

How is that different than the usual pureblood attitude? Or have only the names changed?
Timemidae chapter 8 . 3/4/2012
I think it's very interesting how you chose to portray the aftermath of the war. The way the characters try to reconstruct their lives shows a lot about who they are. Your portrayals of all of them are facinating.
excessivelyperky chapter 42 . 2/21/2012
Andromeda lets him squirm for a bit, and then helpfully supplies that in the public mind, it seems that once one is a blood traitor, one ceases being a Slytherin.

-"Sometimes we Sort too soon..."

Frankly, I will be quite surprised if any of these honors will be mentioned in twenty years, once the history books have a chance to be rewritten to remove _any_ Slytherin contribution to the Order's victory. Sluggy looked after his own comfort, not Slytherin House, while the only head of it who cared about all the students in it seems to have made an error by trying to protect them from the other Houses. Not that it did them much good. Minerva's concern, though no doubt appreciated for what it's worth now, comes a bit late. But then, she was a laissez-faire (at best) head of her own house. Just ask Ginny Weasley.

I do like Andromeda's musings. And am not a bit surprised at Draco's last flare of ambition. Hermione will, of course, crush him entirely in Potions; the Ministry grades the tests, after all, and doubtless will have no trouble telling whose test is whose. (Hermione will undoubtedly do quite well, and probably better than Draco; but there are those who would like to see Draco fail no matter what he actually puts on paper).

Excellent chapter, as always.
excessivelyperky chapter 41 . 1/26/2012
Excellent chapter, as ever. Given what Audrey knows, I suspect the wall between the Wizarding and Muggle worlds is about to reveal itself as thin as tissue paper; if not now, then in a decade or so to come. Really, you mean nobody noticed that huge fight with brooms up and down the length of Britain between Privet Drive and London?

As for Walburga, Andromeda might benefit from a chat with her on duelling tactics; one suspects the old portrait might know some helpful tips, especially if she recalls the Prewitt twins to any degree, and what they might have taught their little sister.

Draco, as ever, channels all his terror into a facade of Malfoy arrogance. But then, they'd throw him into Azkaban if he wept and pleaded with them, too. He may as well go out with as much dignity as he can muster.

I wonder what Millicent Bulstrode has to say?

Umbridge as third in succession? (falls over laughing)

Of course, the authorities don't want to mention Draco's real position in the DE circles; they want a show trial and a Kiss, and to end the Malfoy line completely (good luck with that, there's always a cousin somewhere). I do like the characterization of Lucius Malfoy as the Wicked Earl with bells on. (I remember seeing a romance cover with a picture of a wicked cane leaning on a chair. No, it wasn't a serpent, but it should have been. All us romance readers Got It).

Again, great chapter.
KodeV chapter 46 . 1/26/2012
i came across this story quite by accident, started reading it at 11:30 p.m. on 1/25/2012 and just completed chapter 46 at 12:11 p.m. on 1/26/2012.

all i can say is - WOW!

this story is so detailed. honestly (and i love her, i really do), i don't think JKR could have came up with this story. you really hit all the emotional highs and lows and the chapter w/Andromeda Black Tonks dueling Molly P Weasley - AMAZING! in those scenes, Andromenda was scarier than her oldest sister Bellatrix, and that's saying something.

i do feel however (and i could be wrong) that in regards with Draco, it's not as (excuse the pun) black and white as it appears. i mean, if Molly Weasly can drug numerous people in an attempt to arrange her familys' love life, one can only imagine what Lucius Malfoy would do to his son in the name of gaining power.

looking forward to your next update, whenever that may be.
606 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »