Reviews for Naruto: Demon's Path
S.o.t.A. Fan chapter 20 . 12/30/2013
(As you can tell, I'm a big fan of this fanfic and I'm only on Ch 21!)
This has to be the best Naruto fanfic ever written. I have been searching for a decent one forever with at least 30 thousand words. But this was hitting the jackpot. Almost 700 thousand words? I seriously could not believe it!
Although I am no big fan of romance, I have to say, I am thoroughly enjoying this. I am rooting for. Naruto x Hinata because they're , I'll admit, a great pair. But this plot is so good, I know whatever happens will be epic!
And Naruto finding Zabuza and Haku? Genious!
I love how naïve Naruto is to Sakura and Hinata's affections, but that just makes this all the more a great story. You portray each character splendidly, giving each amd ever one of us vivid imagery of them and their development!
Although the punctuation is a bit lacking in some areas, the great proportions of this story make up for it!
By Kami, you are one prodigy of a fanfic writer.
sincerely Your Biggest Fan :P
Partsu chapter 64 . 12/25/2013
Now this is what I call story! I almost reviewed multiple chapters before this latest one. They were just that good! Some of them I felt like wringing your neck but most...well most of the almost reviews would have been how power of friendship flourishes! Sai's actions stood out the most though. The way people just...you've made most of the people at least 2x more awesome than in Naruto! even some of the bad guys.
When are you going to update?
Publicola chapter 64 . 11/13/2013
Well done. Given that you indicated it had been about a year between chapters 63 and 64, I'm not terribly concerned that this fic might be abandoned, which would have been a real pity considering the detail and effort that obviously went into this fic. There is far too much here to comment on exhaustively, but I really appreciate the world-building you've done - who does what, why, where major events occur, and not least of all, when do those events happen. It's a great release that, even with the 1.5 year time-skip, it never feels like an arbitrary break in the story in which everything stays more or less the same. I look forward to your next chapter.
ThePathsOfPaths chapter 64 . 11/9/2013
hope you update this its a good story
Nerfhearder69 chapter 64 . 10/23/2013
I have thurouly enjoyed this tale! That said, your punctuation sucks though it has steadily improved. The characters and interactions are first rate. The storyline sequencing is consistent and complete. Like I said, grat stuff!
Slytherin Studios chapter 64 . 10/22/2013
I love your story, please update soon.
paronto chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Looks promising, but please don't have NaruHina pairing, please, for the love of god! Id rather you have none than that god forsaken piece of overused shitty pairing people call love.
Biblio388 chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
Intriguing way to star this. Definitely want to see where it goes.
archsage328 chapter 64 . 9/1/2013
I found out about this story on a page on tvtropes (Casual Danger Dialog), and just from the fact that it mentioned Naruto fighting alongside Haku and Zabuza, I knew I had to check this story out. I've been in and out on reading this over the past 2 weeks, and I have to say that there was not a single dull moment to be found. I haven't had anywhere near this much fun with a Naruto fan fiction since I first read Team 8 by S'TarKan over a year and a half ago. Now, let me talk about your story.

On the technical side, there are occasions where you make noticeable spelling or grammar mistakes, but given the length of any given chapter, let alone this whole story, I feel like I'm nitpicking just by mentioning that. I'd offer to let you know where and when some of these were, but I didn't keep track of any of them, because quite frankly, 99% of this story so far is near flawless where mechanics are concerned.

The action is top notch and always easy to visualize given your great descriptions. And when it comes to using and acquiring new and powerful techniques, you neither overuse them nor have them come into play once and never again. In other words, what are supposed to be a character’s trump cards actually come across as trump cards. Heck, you’ve even made this a plot point, which is VERY impressive.

And while you don't make humor your major focus, the bits you throw in always get at least a soft chuckle, and occasionally a loud roar. The makeshift family of Naruto, Zabuza, and Haku and their constant antics especially were well implemented, appropriate, and never failed in making me laugh.

But it’s in the characters and the story where your talents are at their greatest. Any time you use a preexisting character in your story, regardless of their role, you maintain what is effectively that character’s core as it was from canon. However, more often than, you expand tremendously on them, but because of how you’ve crafted the story, it never feels out of place. Each character develops at a believable pace and everyone big and small has some role to play. And while the original focus of the story would shift from Naruto, Haku, and Zabuza to Sakura and Hinata, as the story progressed and these characters grew, they in turn caused those around them to grow as characters and in importance as well. This story started may have only started with a handful of characters to focus on, but now everyone, be they ally, enemy, or bystander, gets a chance in the limelight, often on a recurring basis. And while Oda of One Piece fame is known for regularly bringing characters back and making it work one way or another, I can think of a few admittedly minor characters who I have no idea what became of them after their first appearance (For example: Wapol’s minions in the Drum Island arc who fought with Sanji and Chopper). But I can’t think of any instances in your story where that happens. Sure, there are a few characters who disappear for a while, but they either get checked in with every so often, or it’s revealed after several chapters that there was good reason that they hadn’t been mentioned, such as being on long term undercover missions. And when it comes to character development, it’s never rushed or forced, and unlike the source material, you never get the impression that after a while, they completely forget what they’ve learned and go right back to square one.

Lastly, your story telling is without a doubt some of the best I’ve ever seen, and not just in fan fiction. I’ve read books, watched TV shows and movies, and played video games that don’t even half your skill at telling an engaging tale, regardless of how interesting the concept or good the actual story is. Narrative is extremely important, and this story is a solid testament to that. And you always leave the reader guessing with what you are going to do next? Are you going to go to this arc next, or address something else first? How much of the source material are you going to use? How long had you planned on using this? More often than not, I find myself wondering just how much of the story had you had planned out from the beginning, and how much was a result of improvising in order to still be.

Lastly, the way you handle the various relationships found throughout your story is a feat in of itself. For example, while Sakura falling for Naruto was arguably something that could have been predicted, she didn’t fall in love overnight, but rather after a fair amount of time had passed and she had given the matter some serious thought. And as a very firm NaruHina fan, one who has a hard time in general seeing any romantic potential for NaruSaku (at least, not for a healthy relationship), this is the first time I can recall a fanfic author convincing me that perhaps it isn’t as unlikely as I believed, at the very least within the confounds of their own story. And the resolution, which was also a bit predictable, was both believable and touching. If Hinata and Sakura hadn’t had to learn where and when to be rivals first and later learn that by forcing Naruto to choose, they would be hurting more than just whoever lost. By having them come together and make the system you’ve established work in their favor, you made it so that everyone won in the end, and did so in a way that satisfied me as a reader.

This talent with how you handle relationships extends beyond the main love triangle. There are many relationships to be found throughout this tale, some of romance, some of friendship, some of family, and some of hate. You have characters who never met in the original story fall in love, and even established couples splitting up with one or both participants moving on and getting together with someone else. And while there are cases of sexual intercourses, for the most part they are only mentioned and not described in depth, and unless I’m mistaken, the youngest characters implied to have sex at all are at an age that’s equivalent to the average high school freshman. You take risks, but it’s clear that they were calculated ones and you always make them work in your favor. There are pairings that I normally don’t even consider reading about, and you make them feel so natural that I couldn’t use them as a reason to quit if I wanted to.

In the end, I can’t think of enough good things to say about Naruto: Demon’s Path. The story is beautifully woven, well told, and engaging; each chapter is meaty, yet fluid; every character is unique, acts believably under the circumstances established by your story; and whenever you decide to utilize a certain tone to match a specific scene or scenario, it always works and never disappoints. Having finally caught to where you are now, I can safely say that not only does this story have the potential to surpass Team 8 in terms of quality; it may have already done so. At the very least, I think this may now be my favorite Naruto story on the entire website. Not only that, you’ve inspired me tenfold. THIS quality is the goal I have now set for when I write my own fan fiction, regardless of what franchises they are based on. And it is because of all this that I must ask something of you: take your time with the next chapter, for no matter how long I have wait for it, I know that it will be worth every second and then some. So whatever you do, do not rush, and never force yourself to work on this masterpiece. You’ve given me to have a marvelous time in the form of a work of art, and if you aren’t having just as much fun, I feel like I’m ripping you off.

Once again, thank you so much for writing this wonderful piece of fan fiction, and I hope that you aren’t annoyed by the length of this review. I wish you the best of luck on this and all of your future projects, and I look forward to seeing the next installment of Naruto: Demon’s Path. Until next time!
bfg10k17 chapter 44 . 8/12/2013
Mr. J
Nice Joker reference.
An image suddenly popped into my mind. Naruto in his sexy justu form wearing a Harely Quinn costume. That would actually look pretty awesome. lol
Amidamaru88 chapter 64 . 8/10/2013
any chance of a new chapter soon ?
jamnaz79 chapter 12 . 8/5/2013
This story is complex and wonderful. I truly hope it gets picked up again
bfg10k17 chapter 19 . 7/20/2013
Interesting last lines.
I think according to Cannon, Itachi was a double agent in Akatsuki. Kind of a long term mission for Konoha. If you did this because you also think it's bulls*it, I'm okay with it.
bfg10k17 chapter 18 . 7/19/2013
DANZO YOU STUPIC C*NT !
Also, I begin to suspect the sudden idea in Kushina's mind about Naruto being the fox was also his doing. (Shisui's implanted sharingan's ability)
Or Madara, but I don't see any reason or anything that would benefit him from doing that, so yeah.
assasin11700 chapter 64 . 6/28/2013
FREAKING AWESOME! I'm glad you write fan fiction! Plz write more godlike Naruto fanfucs. Something with infamous or... [prototype]
2,027 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »