Reviews for Mephistopheles Is Just Beneath
lillelouis chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Love it. It's ugly, harsh and black, but I love the ball of pain that is Sam Winchester Season 5!
xcloudx chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Wow the way you put this in perspective is freakin awesome! I love how you write, thank you!
An Ingenious Paradox chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I so want to believe that Lucifer is wrong. But it's so hard. Every prophecy so far has come true! ack!

I can't imagine what it would be like to be either one of them, thanks for your story, it helps to imagine and hope.

Oh, and I appreciate the good grammar and spelling!

onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Very well done. I truly appreciated how you captured the emotions Sam would be feeling here. That little spiel Lucifer gave Sam was horrifying, and I'm glad you caught that.

I can't even fathom how Sam must be feeling. To know that LUCIFER is so sure that you'll say yes, within six months; even the location narrowed down... He already had to feel like it was hopeless, but Lucifer's completely relentless. And with that whole "keep fanning that fire in your belly. I'm gonna need it," Sam barely has the freedom of anger and fear anymore, because apparently that's what Lucifer wants. Scary as hell.

And that's why this show is so unbelievably awesome. Ha ha.

Seriously, though. Well done with this fic. It was a very insightful, much needed peek into Sam's mind following this particularly heart-wrenching episode.

Thanks for writing!
carocali chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I really like the way you dove into Sam's head, using Lucifer's words to taunt him. To stay strong, Sam has had to bury all those emotions, deal with the string of words that torture him.

But Sam and Dean are not like Michael and Lucifer - they will stand together, die together if need be. Even if it isn't the relationship they had before, they'll be able to overcome.

Thanks for sharing!

:D

Caroline
jenilee chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
I loved this, it was painful and achy but also beautiful… and geesh, Sam just makes my heart break for him.

I loved how you wove Lucifer's truths through with Sam’s truths about himself and where he stands.

That was one thing that strikes me with every meeting between the two of them. It just feels so hopeless when Sam is faced with Lucifer’s truths. They fit so well with everything that has happened that you know that Sam must be losing ground just battling within himself.

I really loved how you showed that through his thoughts, his self doubts and especially how he sees himself on the outside still with Dean and even Bobby.

I really liked this line. -“Maybe it was true. It was probably true. For as much as he hoped it wasn’t, Sam knew it was true.”