Reviews for The Beacon
JayRain chapter 4 . 11/14/2014
One thing I'm noticing that I really like about this is how well you work game dialogue into your story narrative. It's very seamless. And I am enjoying how you're getting Cailan and company into Redcliffe. You're using Teagan effectively, and your characterization of Cailan is enjoyable. Just thought I'd pause in reading to say so. Nicely done thus far.
LyriumLove chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I was so pleased to finally find a good fic on Cailan. I was smitten myself and a little mad that I didn't get to have a fling before the Battle ;)

Isobel seems like a strong character and this was a good intro!
cba to login chapter 23 . 10/17/2013
I was just going to finish this story then write a review as a whole but your A/N really snagged me in this chapter and although it's clear from the chap count and this review is probably too late anyway I just wanted to say that I really get what you mean. It IS really disheartening when someone reviews your story and it feels more like a personal attack. In respect to that I personally am fully enjoying your story so far. I enjoy the way you've portrayed Cailan; moments of kingly-ness (if that's a word O_o) but still with those moments were you want to throttle him, which is much more believable. I also like the way you keep the emotions there without getting too bogged down in it so there isn't massive angst filled paragraphs spanning from chapter to chapter but you still wholly believe in what the characters are feeling.
As a final note this isn't directed at you personally I just feel the need to vent now. I think some readers on Fanfic take this too seriously, I enjoy a well-written story and to some this is somewhere they can graft an in-depth saga. I respect that and I've read examples of them. But to others this is somewhere you can just write and read more lightly, that doesn't mean the writings any better or any worse just that I and I'm sure others too write for enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. If you're going to offload at someone because they got some minor details wrong or you disagree with the turn of their story.
Piss off.
Don't read it.
And by the Maker's great, hairy ballsack don't destroy the writer's confidence by posting something hurtful and non-constructive up.
Sorry rant over :D
Kanafire chapter 28 . 4/4/2012
First of all I just want to thankyou for writing a beautiful story involving Cailin. Second, major kudos on making me cry during th final chapter. I love your work, keep it up.
Gabby0515 chapter 28 . 1/22/2012
:( Alistair died. Good story though.
Meg2793 chapter 16 . 7/30/2011
You do such a good job characterising Cailan. You're making me sad that he died so early in the game!
Mystricka chapter 28 . 5/26/2011
I've read this story dozens of times and every single blasted time I cry like a baby does whenever their favorite toy is taken away. The emotions you move in me ... it's simply amazing.

I know I should have reviewed before now, heck I may have at one point in time, but if not, I suppose it's better late than never.

This is a very good, moving story ... even if I had hoped that Alistair would have lived and Isobel could have been queen, but alas, only in fairy tales does everyone have that destined 'happy ending'.

And that is what makes your story a good one. You have this ability to write and move people with what you write, making the reader see in the minds eye exactly what you are describing.

*stands up and claps* Well done. :)
EmbersOfAmber chapter 28 . 5/13/2011
It's a lovely tale, beautifully told.

The lack of any true happily-ever-after is a real punch in the gut, but certainly rings true for the characters and the world they live in.

It's so hard to find any Cousland/Cailan pairings (I love alternate pairings), and I thank you for persevering and completing your story the way you saw it. I daresay reading it has brought pleasure to a great many.

_
angnheadly chapter 28 . 4/12/2011
i have just finished reading the whole of The Beacon, its been on my laptop and phone for the last 3 days, you have done a amazing job bringing Cailan back to life in such a wonderful way. i have enjoyed this so much even now as i sit here with tears in my eyes for Alistair, im so glad Cailan got a bit more out of life and some happyness, playing the Return to Ostager was heartbreaking and i loved how you gave the brothers back to each other thank you so much for sharing :)
Trippyfalls chapter 28 . 4/6/2011
You know, so few fanfics make me cry... You did just that. Poor Alistair... my favorite character.. :..( and haha I couldn't spell on my last review. XD AndI can't believe you got hate for this wonderful story! D: LETS HATE THE HATERS! XD
Trippyfalls chapter 12 . 4/6/2011
Love your story. There are rarely any Cailin stories. Yours was great. But Its so hard to decide who'd go great with Isobelle. D: Alistair is my favorite character in the game, but Cailin is rarely used, and probably a gentlemen. so hard to decide! Love the story! :D
fifespice chapter 28 . 2/10/2011
aww loved it such a shame alistair had to die though
fifespice chapter 27 . 2/10/2011
wowo intense so who placed the blow atop drakon
fifespice chapter 26 . 2/10/2011
ooh love it but poor alistair hes gonna take the final blow i take it
fifespice chapter 25 . 2/10/2011
aww i feel for alistair i really do